• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athletic article on what has gone wrong at USF and can it be fixed.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, smazza said:

did leavitt take any ownership in his failures here?

he thought beating orlando 4 times ended his job.what a mistake that was. you needed to keep playing them and keeping beating them.

CJL---Not for lack of effort or heart

CJLbloody.jpg

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

15 minutes ago, Brad said:

It's fun to bag on Scott for some of our members, but he arrived at a shitshow.  He's helped others recognize the dearth of facilities, the poor culture (losing ways), and he has built great relationships with coaches and players in the area.  

He is the first coach to convince the "higher ups" to make the IPF happen. And the OCS is moving forward. I am not sure how much influence he had on these decisions, but things seem to be moving with him in control. He seems like a man who WANTS to be here and build his own legacy. If we get an IPF, OCS, (2) AAC Championships, 1 NY6 bowl victory and a possible playoff "appearance" he will go down as the greatest coach ever at USF. If he does all that and we get into a P5 conference, then lets build that man a status!!! Even if we start having success, I just don't see him moving on to another school unless Clemson comes calling and well...….I don't see that s#$%t happening anytime soon lol

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,398
  • Days Won:  3

At the end of the day, someone had to pick up the pieces... Now let's see if they all start fitting together. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,345
  • Days Won:  5

Coach Garcia at Hillsborough High was an outspoken person against Willie. He said he was a Hundi and coach Weak was a Cadillac. Man how he was so wrong. One of USFs biggest whiffs was coach Weak.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

I for one love when Steve preaches patience, time and understanding when it comes to going sub .100 in the minors while at the same time being impatient about not winning BCS conferences 10 years into existence.

With CJL we kept climbing from the bottom of the pile and won rather consistently and we’re the model of how to start a program, now we have been writing the book on falling from grace.

The amount of disconnect between what was happening then vs what is happening now and the realities of what happened when we tried go with the plan of getting off the plateau is actually quite amazing. People wonder why some can’t get past CJS winning a game every leap year but then stick to their guns that they were right about 9-3 in the BCS in the first decade of existence. 

People that think people are being too hard on CJS really need to go back 13 years and recognize he is actually being treated amazingly gently and kind. One thing I do appreciate about Steve is most people that held his opinion disappeared. He still comes and defends it which is I guess is as admirable as it is absurd.

• Upvote 4

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

⬆️

💯

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I for one love when Steve preaches patience, time and understanding when it comes to going sub .100 in the minors while at the same time being impatient about not winning BCS conferences 10 years into existence.

With CJL we kept climbing from the bottom of the pile and won rather consistently and we’re the model of how to start a program, now we have been writing the book on falling from grace.

The amount of disconnect between what was happening then vs what is happening now and the realities of what happened when we tried go with the plan of getting off the plateau is actually quite amazing. People wonder why some can’t get past CJS winning a game every leap year but then stick to their guns that they were right about 9-3 in the BCS in the first decade of existence. 

People that think people are being too hard on CJS really need to go back 13 years and recognize he is actually being treated amazingly gently and kind. One thing I do appreciate about Steve is most people that held his opinion disappeared. He still comes and defends it which is I guess is as admirable as it is absurd.

I don't think anybody else thinks you or the other CJS "dislikers" are being too hard on him. It's just you guys are beating a dead horse...no you are setting the dead horse on fire and pissing on it. WE GET IT!!! lol At this point or at least for 2022, unless he starts off 0-4,  he will be our coach. There is nothing you can do except - 

1. Still watch games and hope we win

2. Still watch the games and hope we lose so he gets fired

3. Stop watching the games until we get a new coach or start winning consistently.

The redundancy is killing me on this board.

Puc we get it my friend - 

1. You miss CJL and wish he would come back.

2. You hate the AAC and hope we either go independent or get into a P5 conference.

3. You hate CJS and think he should have been fired last year. 

We get it! 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I don't think anybody else thinks you or the other CJS "dislikers" are being too hard on him. It's just you guys are beating a dead horse...no you are setting the dead horse on fire and pissing on it. WE GET IT!!! lol At this point or at least for 2022, unless he starts off 0-4,  he will be our coach. There is nothing you can do except - 

2. Still watch the games and hope we lose so he gets fired

3. Stop watching the games until we get a new coach or start winning consistently.

1. You miss CJL and wish he would come back.

2. You hate the AAC and hope we either go independent or get into a P5 conference.

3. You hate CJS and think he should have been fired last year. 

We get it! 

There is a lot to unpack

I don't think anybody else thinks you or the other CJS "dislikers" are being too hard on him. It's just you guys are beating a dead horse...no you are setting the dead horse on fire and pissing on it. WE GET IT!!! lol At this point or at least for 2022, unless he starts off 0-4,  he will be our coach. There is nothing you can do except - 

2. Still watch the games and hope we lose so he gets fired

3. Stop watching the games until we get a new coach or start winning consistently.

1. You miss CJL and wish he would come back. I do in fact miss CJL but that ship is long sailed, for the longest time I just wanted the better I was promised now I will just take not an embarrassing failure 

2. You hate the AAC and hope we either go independent or get into a P5 conference. There is nothing not to hate, the market has spoken and no one cares even the slightest bit about the aac. When people don’t care about what you are doing you need to pivot and no sitting on a committee of how to bring in worse teams is not the pivot that will move the needle the right way.

3. You hate CJS and think he should have been fired last year. I do not hate CJS at all, I think he is a perfectly nice person. I do in fact hate his results and I never care for when someone takes a job at a place knowing what’s going on and then has a million reasons why they can’t do the job as they took it they just need new everything over the course of a decade to finally show what they are capable of doing.

If you come into a bad situation that’s the easiest one to show improvement and if after 3 years you still aren’t showing amazing progress you are not capable of doing the job you took. I’m not still mad about the past with CJS I’m mad that people are already coming up with reasons why going 4-8 or worse seems perfectly reasonable in year 3, it’s simply not and if that’s what happens it should be painfully obvious to anyone that is not VPMK that CJS will never actually get there. If people can bemoan midseason collapses I see no reason it’s unreasonable that someone may actually expect CJS to get off the ground at some point.

When CJS came in there was a belief that CCS was directly contributing to failure and we would improve immediately with his departure, since we have only done worse in every measurable there is an endless sea of excuses for CJS that seem to have no expiration date, maybe we need to get a judge to vacate the failing mandate our athletics program has imposed.

We get it! 
Clearly you don’t 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, puc86 said:

There is a lot to unpack

I don't think anybody else thinks you or the other CJS "dislikers" are being too hard on him. It's just you guys are beating a dead horse...no you are setting the dead horse on fire and pissing on it. WE GET IT!!! lol At this point or at least for 2022, unless he starts off 0-4,  he will be our coach. There is nothing you can do except - 

2. Still watch the games and hope we lose so he gets fired

3. Stop watching the games until we get a new coach or start winning consistently.

1. You miss CJL and wish he would come back. I do in fact miss CJL but that ship is long sailed, for the longest time I just wanted the better I was promised now I will just take not an embarrassing failure 

2. You hate the AAC and hope we either go independent or get into a P5 conference. There is nothing not to hate, the market has spoken and no one cares even the slightest bit about the aac. When people don’t care about what you are doing you need to pivot and no sitting on a committee of how to bring in worse teams is not the pivot that will move the needle the right way.

3. You hate CJS and think he should have been fired last year. I do not hate CJS at all, I think he is a perfectly nice person. I do in fact hate his results and I never care for when someone takes a job at a place knowing what’s going on and then has a million reasons why they can’t do the job as they took it they just need new everything over the course of a decade to finally show what they are capable of doing.

If you come into a bad situation that’s the easiest one to show improvement and if after 3 years you still aren’t showing amazing progress you are not capable of doing the job you took. I’m not still mad about the past with CJS I’m mad that people are already coming up with reasons why going 4-8 or worse seems perfectly reasonable in year 3, it’s simply not and if that’s what happens it should be painfully obvious to anyone that is not VPMK that CJS will never actually get there. If people can bemoan midseason collapses I see no reason it’s unreasonable that someone may actually expect CJS to get off the ground at some point.

When CJS came in there was a belief that CCS was directly contributing to failure and we would improve immediately with his departure, since we have only done worse in every measurable there is an endless sea of excuses for CJS that seem to have no expiration date, maybe we need to get a judge to vacate the failing mandate our athletics program has imposed.

We get it! 
Clearly you don’t 

The explanation was unnecessary my friend. The horse is now a burnt skeleton based off of your reply.  NOTHING you just stated isn't something you haven't already pointed out a million times except that the ship has sailed on CJL.  I'm not mad at you for feeling the way you do. I just want the dead horse to R.I.P.