• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athletic article on what has gone wrong at USF and can it be fixed.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The explanation was unnecessary my friend. The horse is now a burnt skeleton based off of your reply.  NOTHING you just stated isn't something you haven't already pointed out a million times except that the ship has sailed on CJL.  I'm not mad at you for feeling the way you do. I just want the dead horse to R.I.P. 

I never bring up CJL until someone else does and I think you would be surprised to look up how often I even chime in when nothing is happening and that I almost never start a topic (when I do it’s usually to try to be positive). This is a message board with only one topic that the topic keeps doing the same thing should probably lead to mostly the same discussions, perhaps if we stopped failing for a day we can find a new horse to beat but right now it almost seems intentional. Beat anybody!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,423
  • Days Won:  25

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I never bring up CJL until someone else does and I think you would be surprised to look up how often I even chime in when nothing is happening and that I almost never start a topic (when I do it’s usually to try to be positive). This is a message board with only one topic that the topic keeps doing the same thing should probably lead to mostly the same discussions, perhaps if we stopped failing for a day we can find a new horse to beat but right now it almost seems intentional. Beat anybody!

Jeff Scott , pleaae Beat anybody. He is undefeated against fcs. We shall only list positive things of him

Jeff scott, He seems like a nice guy and got his dad a cushy gig considering his dads tenure as a heal coach. I would love to see the day cjs brings us backing to a top 25 team and upsetting power programs.  Every coach since CJL has failed, but he isn't coming back as you said.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

🤣 You have a point. You're name does get thrown in every CJL mention. You are forever attached to CJL like I am attached to Bret Kean (I wear my "L" proudly on that one LOL). Don't take it as I have any issues with your position certain topics. (Only your view on UCF).  I come to this blog for entertainment and an escape from managing projects all day. Every thread/post leads to the following:

The most common statements:

1. CJL sucks
  2. We are going 2-10 
  3. I can't see us winning more than 4 games
  4. If we don't go bowling then CJS should be fired
  5. Our team sucks
  6. Lets shut down the program
  7. CCS is the most horrible-lest person in the world
  8. Taggart sucked, but was a great coach, but sucked, but had Quinton Flowers to carry him
  9. Our players suck
  10. We suck
  11. I cant believe we let UCF get better than us
  12. (The reply to every positive post) What makes you think something positive will happen? I just don't see it
  13. We suck until we don't
  14. Our Attendance sucks
  15. The AAC Sucks

To be fair, I'll post the usual positive statements:

1. Un-Duh-feated
  2. This recruit is awesome
  3. I can't wait for the season to start
  4. This guy is in the portal
  5. The player is going to be a (insert positive word)

My bad if I came at you sideways. This site is starting to give me anxiety every time I log in. lol I'm frustrated. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

We should stop with the coach blaming and focus on the real issue here.

This is a school\admin problem. THEY need to be blamed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  954
  • Days Won:  1

I do appreciate everyone here, because it shows that we are TRUE fans of our Bulls. We have been through so many ups and downs, it really is amazing. I have just a few thoughts:

1. They say, those who live too much in the past are generally sad or depressed, if you are stressed out or have anxieties, you live too much in the future. The key is to try and live in the moment and balance past and future. 
2. CJL was the absolute PERFECT coach to start our program. I love and appreciate everything he accomplished for us and it is unfortunate that it ended the way it did, but it’s over and I will remember the good and bad times alike. Most of the time when coaches are rehired after a time, the results are usually worse than their first run. I think it’s a good thing we have not rehired him, it’s a closed chapter. 
3. CJS has made some major contributions off the field and in the locker room. Culture is HUGE!! Ask any Lions fan or former player, Matt Patricia had a terribly toxic environment to which nobody would play hard for him or wanted to be associated with him. That’s a big reason that after Caldwell was let go, it was like we fell off a cliff. Yes, we all know CJS needs results on the field, but for now, I’ll take the off the field wins now because they are needed just as much, if not more, for the future. 
4. IF we get into the B12’s next expansion, all will be forgiven. Just like winning cures all. If CJS and VPMK gets us into the B12 and we are only a .500 team, we would all be much happier there than winning the AAC championship every year. There is a process to getting there and we do need PATIENCE to get there. 

Going through a rebuild sucks bad, but this is where we are. I am sure VPMK has had extensive talks with B12 brass and understands what needs to take place. I am sure CJS has been given information that he needs to contribute. Currently we are a 1 win football team, let’s start there. If we can get 3-4 wins and the IPF is completed and more plans are put in place for the OCS, it will have been a successful season. There is very little we can do to influence the future of our Bulls, other than support them, encourage them and continue to carry the flag for Bulls nation. The time is now to ante up, because I am not about to give up on my alma mater, I am a Bull for life, good or bad!!

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

The past the past. 

Learn from mistakes, and focus solely on the future to improve where we currently are.

Just sucks the future is on the hands of an inexperienced head coach. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,900
  • Days Won:  33

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He is the first coach to convince the "higher ups" to make the IPF happen.

We began fundraising for the IPF before Coach Scott arrived.

12 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

We began fundraising for the IPF before Coach Scott arrived.

The journey sped up while he was here. Do you think we would have had an IPF being built if CCS was still here?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,900
  • Days Won:  33

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The journey sped up while he was here. Do you think we would have had an IPF being built if CCS was still here?

The journey sped up when Michael Kelly arrived.

Tough to speculate if the IPF would be this far along if Coach Scott wasn't here, but he is certainly has done all the right things to address the immediate need for it.

11 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

The journey sped up when Michael Kelly arrived.

Tough to speculate if the IPF would be this far along if Coach Scott wasn't here, but he is certainly has done all the right things to address the immediate need for it.

Truth be told, I have no idea what his impact is. But its happening while he is the coach.