• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 more coaches from FAU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Looks like an upgrade for the most part, but we have to remember this is CUSA level football, so its a little apples vs oranges.  Also, don't particularly like the Pass Defense stat - looks like a downgrade there!

Is it really though? I would say more like oranges vs grapefruit. CUSA level football destroyed SMU which destroyed us. Also, when was the last time we beat a CUSA team? We are 0 for the last 3.....

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, BiggTipp said:

Is it really though? I would say more like oranges vs grapefruit. CUSA level football destroyed SMU which destroyed us. Also, when was the last time we beat a CUSA team? We are 0 for the last 3.....

Hard to judge the lower level bowl games. FAU also lost bad vs Ucf when it really counted and that was at home.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

Basically we can hire coaches who

A. have had success in equal roles at lower levels,

B.success in lower roles at equal or higher levels,

C. success in equal or higher roles at equal or higher levels yet available due to circumstances,

D. or coaches who failed at higher levels. 

We could find plenty of examples of successes and failures from each group.

Tell me why they are a bad hire not just point out that they are from one of the groups that they are of course going to fall in to

FAU just smashed one of the top teams in our conference.  Other than ego why would we not have wanted to be FAU North this year.  Theoretically they will eventually have better talent here too.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, slowdown said:

Basically we can hire coaches who

A. have had success in equal roles at lower levels,

B.success in lower roles at equal or higher levels,

C. success in equal or higher roles at equal or higher levels yet available due to circumstances,

D. or coaches who failed at higher levels. 

We could find plenty of examples of successes and failures from each group.

Tell me why they are a bad hire not just point out that they are from one of the groups that they are of course going to fall in to

FAU just smashed one of the top teams in our conference.  Other than ego why would we not have wanted to be FAU North this year.  Theoretically they will eventually have better talent here too.  

I'm not sure anyone here has said they were going to fail

Guest Jonesy Bull
10 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

I think it is still more apples to oranges.  I get that FAU destroyed Temple, and that was quite impressive.  But it was a meaningless Bowl Game, so you have to wonder how much of Temple's heart was in it.

I think the majority of the Cusa teams would struggle mightily against the AAC teams if they played each other throughout the entire season.  FAU is at the top of that conference right now, so if we were to raid any Cusa coaches, that would be the best school to target.  

I don't have a problem with this approach.  But these coaches are in for an upgrade in competition and they will need to be ready for that.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

33 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I think it is still more apples to oranges.  I get that FAU destroyed Temple, and that was quite impressive.  But it was a meaningless Bowl Game, so you have to wonder how much of Temple's heart was in it.

I think the majority of the Cusa teams would struggle mightily against the AAC teams if they played each other throughout the entire season.  FAU is at the top of that conference right now, so if we were to raid any Cusa coaches, that would be the best school to target.  

I don't have a problem with this approach.  But these coaches are in for an upgrade in competition and they will need to be ready for that.

and the hopeful thing is an upgrade in talent to go against the upgrade in competition.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The two kinds of TBP posters:

image.png.dd1266dcf7738ccb7c55768d4799a7b7.png

image.png.9811dce169f1df56cf5f015942d2a489.png

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,803

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Looks like an upgrade for the most part, but we have to remember this is CUSA level football, so its a little apples vs oranges.  Also, don't particularly like the Pass Defense stat - looks like a downgrade there!

Do you see what they did to SMU? I'm sold!!

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290

xWVU Pat White to be our RB coach?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,878
  • Days Won:  67

57 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

They destroyed SMU not Temple and really is oranges and grapefruits, FAU probably would have whipped us last year.  I have no idea how this will work out but at least it beats the alternative of having the waste of space come back for a 4th year, we have hope if nothing else.

• Upvote 1