• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 more coaches from FAU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Looks like an upgrade for the most part, but we have to remember this is CUSA level football, so its a little apples vs oranges.  Also, don't particularly like the Pass Defense stat - looks like a downgrade there!

The pass stats may be a little skewed as FAU scored a lot of points and most teams were playing from behind and were forced to throw.

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, BiggTipp said:

and the hopeful thing is an upgrade in talent to go against the upgrade in competition.

Well that is going to be the key for sure.  CJS is known as a great recruiter.  It certainly will be harder to recruit here, but he recruited Florida for Clemson, and he has alot of connections in this state, so needs to "git er done". 

For this coming year, we probably need to hit on some of the transfers in the portal for our most pressing needs on the Lines and playmakers on offense.  Not sure how much is really out there available and how much we can count on that.

Guest Jonesy Bull
47 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

They destroyed SMU not Temple and really is oranges and grapefruits, FAU probably would have whipped us last year.  I have no idea how this will work out but at least it beats the alternative of having the waste of space come back for a 4th year, we have hope if nothing else.

Thats right, it was SMU, who kicked our ass too.....so yeah FAU is pretty good.  Lets hope it translates well for us!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,478
  • Days Won:  13

Fake News

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

The majority of our assistants will be coming from G5 programs so I don’t see a real problem with a number of them coming from an in state program with recent success. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,405
  • Days Won:  3

23 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I feel bad for some of you stuck in the Jim Leavitt days. It’s never going to happen. He got USF on the map and literally built the program but they’re not bringing back a coach who was fired for hitting a kid. Not saying it actually happened, but not saying it didn’t. I’m very thankful for what he did, by my goodness, move on. 

Good ole CJL finds his way into every thread. I'm starting to wonder is he has an account on here.

11 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Skip had proven himself at the CUSA level as well, don’t remember that one working out too well for us.

Can't win them all but our HC is coming from the P5 so that has to count for something. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Skip had proven himself at the CUSA level as well, don’t remember that one working out too well for us.

Skip went from CUSA to BCS, these coaches(not head coaches) being brought in are going from CUSA to CUSA part 2, I fail to see the comparison. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I noticed no one picked up Glenn Spencer's resume...former Head Coach of the University of West Georgia, a D2 team, before making the move up to D1. Wasn't being a D2 coach the reason xOCKB failed here?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I noticed no one picked up Glenn Spencer's resume...former Head Coach of the University of West Georgia, a D2 team, before making the move up to D1. Wasn't being a D2 coach the reason xOCKB failed here?

Thanks man .... had to go there didn't you

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, JTrue said:

14 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Thanks man .... had to go there didn't you

Puc in 3, 2, 1....