• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 more coaches from FAU?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Yes and no. Sure the starting action to their unemployment was their boss getting hired away but he could have taken them with him or CWT could have kept them. I’m not acting like they are the worst of all time just that it would seem that since the pool was considerably lower at FAU and that they were all unemployed that we probably could have gotten them cheaper or that there was perhaps a better bang for our buck out there. Their market suggests we over paid.

Again, I must have missed their FAU salaries compared to their ones here. Any help would be appreciated ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

52 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Again, I must have missed their FAU salaries compared to their ones here. Any help would be appreciated ...

Last Season Weis made $180k while KB made $380k,  Glen Spencer made $250k while BJM made $370k. To date their current salaries are not available for USF but I am sure that is only because JK is diligently working on his public records request. That being said our assistant pool went up and not down and it is pretty safe to bet that they got a substantial raise and you know despite attempting to be difficult, while ignoring your friends is failing us again at his job , that it is true too. https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Last Season Weis made $180k while KB made $380k,  Glen Spencer made $250k while BJM made $370k. To date their current salaries are not available for USF but I am sure that is only because JK is diligently working on his public records request. That being said our assistant pool went up and not down and it is pretty safe to bet that they got a substantial raise and you know despite attempting to be difficult, while ignoring your friends is failing us again at his job , that it is true too. https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

If that's the going rate for those positions here, and comparable to other conf schools, why would we low ball someone coming in, no matter where they're coming from? Doubtful we were getting coordinators from same, or higher, level programs so this seems like a logical place to pull them from. Not sure why there's any consternation about them .....

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not sure why there's any consternation about them .....

Come on.  Are you really not sure why?

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If that's the going rate for those positions here, and comparable to other conf schools, why would we low ball someone coming in, no matter where they're coming from? Doubtful we were getting coordinators from same, or higher, level programs so this seems like a logical place to pull them from. Not sure why there's any consternation about them .....

It just seems like a lot of eggs to put into to the FAU basket and an odd way to fill your higher level’s positions by shopping at a lower level’s rummage sale. It’s not like we lured away a staff we got FAU hand me downs.

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It just seems like a lot of eggs to put into to the FAU basket and an odd way to fill your higher level’s positions by shopping at a lower level’s rummage sale. It’s not like we lured away a staff we got FAU hand me downs.

At this point, it's only 2 coordinators, not a staff ..... and any ideas as to what same level programs we could have lured coordinators away from?

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

At this point, it's only 2 coordinators, not a staff ..... and any ideas as to what same level programs we could have lured coordinators away from?

Besides to the obvious answer of FAU?

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

Besides to the obvious answer of FAU?

You just called them lower level. "I don't know of any" is a perfectly acceptable response when that really is the case ....

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

but you don't know those guys other opportunities nor what we are actually going to pay them yet.   why wouldn't they be up for more money based on their performance.  just because they didn't get the same positions at Ole Miss does not mean they are not/ would not be coveted by other programs and for other positions. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0