• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 more coaches from FAU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

He asked if anyone has done it, of course they have. I am not the person and I don’t know who they are. It is however the most common practice in college football that when someone gets hired away to a new school as their head coach they immediately move to their new job. That’s why despite the 30 something head coaching changes every season people remember the handful of times ever that someone stayed at their old gig.

The guy hasn’t even won a single conference championship 

I hope you’re around in three or four years...how do you like your crow sandwich...fried or broiled? 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

CFP playoff teams .......  So you don't know of any other than Lane?  Just say so

That seems like a rather arbitrary and horribly small sample size to try to draw upon. How many examples are there over the 5 or so years that the playoffs have existed? 4? If you leave your school to go build something at a new school it’s probably best for you and the school you signed up for you to get started on that building. As stated most coaches are on the private jet ASAP once they sign up for a head coaching job and they do not get on a plane to return them back to where they moved on from. 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I hope you’re around in three or four years...how do you like your crow sandwich...fried or broiled? 

Unless I am dead of course I will be here and what have I said that will require Eating crow?

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Unless I am dead of course I will be here and what have I said that will require Eating crow?

Coaching staff can’t get it done? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,594
  • Days Won:  424

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

How many examples are there over the 5 or so years that the playoffs have existed?

This is the 22nd year of modern era FBS playoffs ...

Coaching staff can’t get it done? 

I don’t recall ever saying that. I thought I had said I don’t think it’s as guaranteed or obvious as some would like to pretend, that I prefer the coach be fully invested in the  program and that I am not completely sold that hiring the FAU coaching staff as a package deal was the best way to go or would have required any raise in the assistant salary budget.

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

This is the 22nd year of modern era FBS playoffs ...

Huh?

27 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We need something 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I don’t recall ever saying that. I thought I had said I don’t think it’s as guaranteed or obvious as some would like to pretend, that I prefer the coach be fully invested in the  program and that I am not completely sold that hiring the FAU coaching staff as a package deal was the best way to go or would have required any raise in the assistant salary budget.

Saying we need something seems to infer the current hires are not good enough....

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

57 minutes ago, puc86 said:

His staff creation seems uninspired at best, just barely above staying the course with the previous regime (shockingly KB is still available). I am sure he put a lot of focus in hey let me just hire all of FAU’s staff and a couple of grad assistants from Clemson but just looking on the surface it kind of looks like the effort you get for someone’s side hustle as they continue to work for and pursue their actual passion and profession.

You find fault in just about everything USF does. Just let things play out for once instead of complaining through the entire process. I’m sorry we didn’t hire Leavitt Or Taggart for you but no, it’s not terribly uncommon for a coach to stay until their season is fully done from their previous job.  When CJS was hired he brought his family down and had them in USF gear and showed nothing but appreciation and enthusiasm. He’s picked up transfers already, with more on the way, which is exactly what he should be doing. He then went back to Clemson and focused on that job for his last two games.  Big deal. Him doing that is not going to hurt this program in any way down the road. 

Saying we need something seems to infer the current hires are not good enough....

If they were particularly exciting the Lane train would have probably taken them with him.  I don’t think they are the absolute worst out there but it does seem a bit FAU heavy and it begs the question if it wasn’t a bit rushed because there was somewhere else he had to be.