• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 more coaches from FAU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  0

This isn't going to be an instant turnaround.  You can't magically upgrade this teams talent by replacing the coaches.  Expect a bad season next year and be pleasantly surprised if we get 6 wins.   Accept the process. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

His staff creation seems uninspired at best, just barely above staying the course with the previous regime (shockingly KB is still available). I am sure he put a lot of focus in hey let me just hire all of FAU’s staff and a couple of grad assistants from Clemson but just looking on the surface it kind of looks like the effort you get for someone’s side hustle as they continue to work for and pursue their actual passion and profession.

Well, he hired the coordinators from FAU, both of which had some success.  It appears the DC is bring staff with him.  CJS is probably deferring to him on that side of the ball.   

I doubt there is anything "uninspired" or "lazy" or "unfocused".   I'm just a little nervous about whether it will work out.   We shall see

2 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

This isn't going to be an instant turnaround.  You can't magically upgrade this teams talent by replacing the coaches.  Expect a bad season next year and be pleasantly surprised if we get 6 wins.   Accept the process. 

6 wins should not be out of the question at all

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Well, he hired the coordinators from FAU, both of which had some success.  It appears the DC is bring staff with him.  CJS is probably deferring to him on that side of the ball.   

I doubt there is anything "uninspired" or "lazy" or "unfocused".   I'm just a little nervous about whether it will work out.   We shall see

It certainly doesn’t scream I put a lot of focus and effort into it as I had to run to my real job, but results will certainly determine if it was the right decision or not.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

6 wins should not be out of the question at all

At the place we are you should be nervous of every season.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

It certainly doesn’t scream I put a lot of focus and effort into it as I had to run to my real job, but results will certainly determine if it was the right decision or not.

Coaching football is his real job.  He's forming the coaching staff the way he wants.  We'll see if it works out or not.  

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

At the place we are you should be nervous of every season.

I'm probably more wary than "nervous".  Bottom line, is if Scott is the right guy at the HC position, then everything else is most likely moot

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

His staff creation seems uninspired at best, just barely above staying the course with the previous regime (shockingly KB is still available). I am sure he put a lot of focus in hey let me just hire all of FAU’s staff and a couple of grad assistants from Clemson but just looking on the surface it kind of looks like the effort you get for someone’s side hustle as they continue to work for and pursue their actual passion and profession.

So who do you recommend? I mean if you are going to do your usual piss and moan lets hear what you got...

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So who do you recommend? I mean if you are going to do your usual piss and moan lets hear what you got...

I too would look to FAU right now...

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

CJL ........

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Coaching football is his real job.  He's forming the coaching staff the way he wants.  We'll see if it works out or not.  

Coaching USF is supposed to be his job, spending more time at another school, posting more about them, interviewing more about them and wearing their clothes while doing one stop coach shopping at a university we used to find below us isn’t a good look no matter how you slice it.

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

CJL ........

Way too easy

• Upvote 1