• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie's Successor... Already on our Sidelines

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  3

24 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Saw this on 247 and thought I’d share.  Wasn’t behind a pay wall.  Chuckles has allowed a cultural rot within this program to fester.  The sooner he’s gone the better.

https://247sports.com/college/south-florida/board/59416/Contents/recruiting-under-charlie-strong-138189578/

The title of that thread should be > "USF, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken crap"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I don’t want a cheap coach that is on the metaphorical scale of Wal Mart. Thus, please don’t hire anyone on the current staff just because they are cheap to hire. This has to be the worst idea I’ve ever heard for coaching hire strategy.

• Upvote 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Every failed coach and every successful coach faces this scenario in their first year, so we are still nit any closer to knowing if he can do it. The results thus far have been a disaster.

We already have more passing touchdowns now  than we had all of last year. Redshirt freshman Qb that has missed a lot open passes and our best playmaker suspended all year and our receivers are average at best and we don’t have a special back like we had with Mack. What you expect to happen this season ? Donovan Jennings getting hurt early in the game killed the offense vs temple. Oline couldn’t run block or pass block vs them. Goes back to recruiting which ckb was not here for. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Saw this on 247 and thought I’d share.  Wasn’t behind a pay wall.  Chuckles has allowed a cultural rot within this program to fester.  The sooner he’s gone the better.

https://247sports.com/college/south-florida/board/59416/Contents/recruiting-under-charlie-strong-138189578/

I'm for whatever would have given us a shot in the arm vs. UCF, but I think the time would have been at the last bye week.  Now we must mourn the corpse of USF football properly and slowly.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,336
  • Days Won:  10

On 11/8/2019 at 9:28 PM, Bullgrad84 said:

Ckb has been here since spring. These aren’t his players. He was brought here to fix this mess of not recruiting very well the last 3 years.  Ccs got rid of Bell, Salomon, Antoine, Mack, while we also lost starters McCants, Bronson. He hasn’t been able to recruit anyone that is here. We have one of the worst Qb situations in college football. Vs the better teams in the conference the oline hasn’t been able to block and we haven’t had 1 running back besides ford do something special vs the better teams.  Goes back to recruiting. Even with all that we have had receivers open. We either have dropped balls or Qb has missed a lot of opportunities. Sooner or later the players have to make the plays when they get put in good situations. Ckb knows how to build from scratch. He has done it every where he has been. He has recruited every where he had been and in less that 3 years won either a conference or national championship. His Valdosta state players he recruited still haven’t lost a game this year and are still #1 in the country on a 23 game win streak. Ckb built that. This is ccs 3rd year and Ckb 1st year. You give Ckb 3 years and I believe the roster and team wouldn’t look like this. Just look at ucf dynamic players compared to us, they run past everyone . We didn’t even look fast vs Temple a team from up north. 

I agree, 84.  In our non-financed bloodlust, we may throw the baby out with the bathwater.  Many disagree, but CKB hasn't had the time (and maybe influence) so far for anyone to realistically evaluate how he will do here if allowed to recruit, teach, and fine tune a system.

If I were hired to do a cleanup job and was given 9 games to turn it around and was fired for "failing", I would leave happy that I don't have to work for buttheads like that.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 11/8/2019 at 4:56 PM, CousinRicky said:

Yes and hopefully will be at the end of the evening.  Headed back down now.

Incredible work. You own one of the huge upsets USF has!

• Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

11 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Skippy is now 8-1 and undefeated in C-USA averaging 52 points per game over their last 4.

Sounds like we need a Holtz New Era Deja Vu All Over Again

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

28 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Sounds like we need a Holtz New Era Deja Vu All Over Again

He has to be better than that skip holtz that coached here, that guy sucked 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Curt Cignetti

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

13 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Skippy is now 8-1 and undefeated in C-USA averaging 52 points per game over their last 4.

CUSA is shat and so is Skip