• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
The Sheriff

Charlie's Successor... Already on our Sidelines

I know watching our offense presently is like watching a train wreck, however I haven't given up on the thought that Kerwin Bell can correct this hot pile of garbage if given the keys to the car. Will Mike Kelly or anyone else agree with me? Highly unlikely. However his track record time after time proves he can turn things around and has won at every level. Here is an article from when he was not renewed at Jacksonville University. Typically you're not renewed because you are a dead man walking and the administration lacks the balls to fire you even though you're incompetent on your best days and an albatross on your worst (see Charlie Strong presently). In this case, Bell was not renewed because he "wanted more for the program". For the most part, the guy won... and won consistently. I believe he had one down season - but we all very well know that can correspond with QB turnover as a football program is only as good as the QB at the helm. Anyways, throwing my two cents out there. 

If I had a second choice - I'd take Jeff Monkin from West Point. He's the type of coach that gets everything out of his players (and he beat UF while coaching at Georgia Southern). That's a victory that would make a coach a legend at USF. West Point is down presently, but they would still steamroll our program this year (which kills me to say it). What is Mike Kelly waiting for? Give Bell the keys and let him right this ship. It's pretty bad presently and apathy is setting in quickly - literally fell asleep in the second quarter last night.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/college/jacksonville-dolphins/2015-12-03/story/kerwin-bell-out-jacksonville-university

1 hour ago, The Sheriff said:

I know watching our offense presently is like watching a train wreck, however I haven't given up on the thought that Kerwin Bell can correct this hot pile of garbage if given the keys to the car. Will Mike Kelly or anyone else agree with me? Highly unlikely. However his track record time after time proves he can turn things around and has won at every level. Here is an article from when he was not renewed at Jacksonville University. Typically you're not renewed because you are a dead man walking and the administration lacks the balls to fire you even though you're incompetent on your best days and an albatross on your worst (see Charlie Strong presently). In this case, Bell was not renewed because he "wanted more for the program". For the most part, the guy won... and won consistently. I believe he had one down season - but we all very well know that can correspond with QB turnover as a football program is only as good as the QB at the helm. Anyways, throwing my two cents out there. 

If I had a second choice - I'd take Jeff Monkin from West Point. He's the type of coach that gets everything out of his players (and he beat UF while coaching at Georgia Southern). That's a victory that would make a coach a legend at USF. West Point is down presently, but they would still steamroll our program this year (which kills me to say it). What is Mike Kelly waiting for? Give Bell the keys and let him right this ship. It's pretty bad presently and apathy is setting in quickly - literally fell asleep in the second quarter last night.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/college/jacksonville-dolphins/2015-12-03/story/kerwin-bell-out-jacksonville-university

Our defense played great. All we needed was 3 tds to win the game. And hell our offense gave their defense a td. CCS gave full reigns to the offense to KB and 2 of our losses have been to teams that scored less than 20pts. Yet u want to give the team to KB? 

• Haha 1

No we need a complete reset 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

We need someone with passion who can bring the program and fans back. I'd love to see Matt Grothe involved somehow. Maybe not as HC, but involved with the coaching staff and out front as a face of the program.

If the offense looked good I'd be ok with this....but Bell is forcing his system to work with players that arent compatible. ..and we saw Taggart doing the same for two bad years.

Think we need a complete reset.

10 minutes ago, chrisdashley said:

We need someone with passion who can bring the program and fans back. I'd love to see Matt Grothe involved somehow. Maybe not as HC, but involved with the coaching staff and out front as a face of the program.

I like this idea. That guy had the killer instinct that our team currently lacks. He always gave 100%

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rex Havoc said:

I like this idea. That guy had the killer instinct that our team currently lacks. He always gave 100%

and he seemed to really enjoy beating UCF....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's unpopular, but, I agree Sheriff. I actually like some of the things that I have seen out of KB's offense. The team isn't executing very well, but, the scheme isn't bad. We lost 2 starters on the OL last night, not very many teams can overcome that. McCloud was sacked 9 times... maybe 2-3 were his fault for holding onto the ball too long, but, I don't care who was back there, successful under that type of pressure doesn't exist. That doesn't even count the several times he alone eluded the pressure to save a play.

In any event, from watching KB on the sidelines, he seems to have a ton of passion, and, as a TBP favorite, he demands excellence! I see him coaching up players and getting angry about things that are missed. It's not just "aww shucks, we'll get them next time"... he gets in people's faces and tells them what they screwed up.

AND... we could probably hire him relatively cheap, making the CCS buyout a little more tolerable.

• Like 1