• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie's Successor... Already on our Sidelines

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

9 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Your point? The players are more than talented enough to score more than 10-14 pts.  KB is suppose to be the one to figure out our offensive woes and he hasn't delivered yet. I still feel he will get the offense going, but until then he has UNDERACHIEVED and our offense is our biggest WEAKNESS. So why would you put our biggest weakness in charge?

It's not KB's fault when your Offensive Linemen fail to block wind let alone opposing Defenders. It's not KB's fault when your QB takes an eternity to decide to throw to the covered receiver or into the dirt. It's not KB's fault when your receiving corps suffers from stone hands, (Which there have been more drops in this season then a room filled with men being told their fathers for the first time. It's not KB's fault when your RB runs into the back of his blocker while an open lane is juuuuust inches away. (Yeah that really happened and more then once)

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

18 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

LOL thats fine. My argument is firing CCS and making KB the coach.  I feel if CCS is fired, then KB needs to go as well. Chit, Im still open to giving Shaun King a crack at OC. But for now, I think KB will get the offense right. 

I couldn’t agree more based on what CCS believes his job entails his biggest and most fireable offense is the coaching staff he assembles with the one contributing most to that problem being KB and his bottom level offense. KB gets bonus points for his failure by having hired one coach that happens to head the worst of our positions. If CCS is fired anytime soon  it will be with the great assistance of KB and to reward KB for his failure is nothing short of nonsense.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

25 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

It's not KB's fault when your Offensive Linemen fail to block wind let alone opposing Defenders. It's not KB's fault when your QB takes an eternity to decide to throw to the covered receiver or into the dirt. It's not KB's fault when your receiving corps suffers from stone hands, (Which there have been more drops in this season then a room filled with men being told their fathers for the first time. It's not KB's fault when your RB runs into the back of his blocker while an open lane is juuuuust inches away. (Yeah that really happened and more then once)

You do know that the offensive linemen are coached by KB's hand picked guy, right?

5 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

You do know that the offensive linemen are coached by KB's hand picked guy, right?

I know what it's like to be saddled with a group of guys you didn't choose and are told that people expect results. You try your hardest but, in the end either those guys step up or they don't. It appears they have chosen not to step up at all. The O-Line was a problem prior to Bells arrival so again, There is that.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

CKB definitely needs a chance one question to all on this board...How many guys on this team would have started say 10-12 years ago? On offense or defense?maybe 2 talent isn’t there yet all you computer coaches wanna can Bell before he gets a fair shake...Charlie has been given 3 years with no results team plays with minimal passion...need to go back to Coach Leavit recruiting philosophy get more speed and more “dogs”...Kerwin seems like he can recruit he’s passionate on the sideline getting on QBs WRs OL whoever ain’t getting it done and his Scheme works just a lot of u computer coaches don’t get it or see it

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 minutes ago, Bullman1717 said:

CKB definitely needs a chance one question to all on this board...How many guys on this team would have started say 10-12 years ago? On offense or defense?maybe 2 talent isn’t there yet all you computer coaches wanna can Bell before he gets a fair shake...Charlie has been given 3 years with no results team plays with minimal passion...need to go back to Coach Leavit recruiting philosophy get more speed and more “dogs”...Kerwin seems like he can recruit he’s passionate on the sideline getting on QBs WRs OL whoever ain’t getting it done and his Scheme works just a lot of u computer coaches don’t get it or see it

two of the o-linemen started Taggart's last year

Wilcox and Sands both played

Edited by Bull94

7 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

two of the o-linemen started Taggart's last year

Wilcox and Sands both played

Sands should have had more touches and Yeah it's a shame that Wilcox can't pass to himself. Yes whopping "TWO" o-linemen and one of them is one of our leading penalty generators. I do wonder why KB is having troubles making this Offense work.

oh my god wow GIF

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

28 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I know what it's like to be saddled with a group of guys you didn't choose and are told that people expect results. You try your hardest but, in the end either those guys step up or they don't. It appears they have chosen not to step up at all. The O-Line was a problem prior to Bells arrival so again, There is that.

Sounds like my kids...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

14 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Sands should have had more touches and Yeah it's a shame that Wilcox can't pass to himself. Yes whopping "TWO" o-linemen and one of them is one of our leading penalty generators. I do wonder why KB is having troubles making this Offense work.

oh my god wow GIF

you know that was 4 years ago right?

I'm sure you know that our young o-linemen had 30+ appearances last year and that our RB played in 13 games as a freshman at UF.

we had the 11th most returning production on our offense this year in the country. and we had 9 returning starters.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/1/31/18204093/2019-ncaa-football-returning-starters-experience

funny how some of these guys were pretty good under Taggart, not half bad under Gilbert, and absolutely terrible under Bell.

Edited by Bull94

SBNatios loves themselves some SBNation. I stopped reading this stuff a while ago. In fact people on this very board used to laugh when others sighted SBNation as their source of content or articles. Anyway.

We have had a history of the drops at USF. That has gone to record levels in the Strong era and you can check stats for that too I'm sure. The funny thing is that this offense didn't pass as much and still had a huge amount of dropped passes or errant throws. This leads me to believe that either the players aren't any good or their coaches aren't any good. I could choose to blame KB for this but as he's only been here 1 year and this is CCS' 3rd year, I'll stick with blaming CCS and his inability to correct existing issues in both recruiting and player development..

Edited by Azmodi