• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie's Successor... Already on our Sidelines

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Once again, CCS and BJM has the defense up to speed and the defense has been carrying us. The OFFENSE is what's holding us back. We have 2 losses to teams that scored 17 and 14 pts. So you want to give the team to the offensive coordinator that has been UNDERachieving? That's just dumb...like this thread. 

I don’t believe that. I believe the teams we have barley lost to have good defenses that stop the run and the offenses weren’t good. When we have played the top teams in the conference  with good offenses we have been blown out by half time. No reason a program like here in Florida should go from 11-2, 10 and 2, 7amd6, to where we are now. That is recruiting and from the top. Obviously something isn’t right in the program. Ckb has only been here this year. With QBs hurt, and not players he recruited. Let’s be honest with ourselves, last year we barely won 7 games and looked bad. We also had a lot more talent than we do this year. How does that happen! 

22 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Your point? The players are more than talented enough to score more than 10-14 pts.  KB is suppose to be the one to figure out our offensive woes and he hasn't delivered yet. I still feel he will get the offense going, but until then he has UNDERACHIEVED and our offense is our biggest WEAKNESS. So why would you put our biggest weakness in charge?

We are awful vs the run and 3rd down and are awful on special teams also, haven’t been able to block the good teams, have no QBs, and no explosive playmakers., and have recruited bad. Starts at the top! No one can do what ford does. He hasn’t played and a walk on is tied with the tight end on touchdown catches. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Does any body know if Lane’s agent has reached out to us yet? His name is thrown into just about every head coaching vacancy article, so I think the Lane train is trying to leave the station. Can he be much worse than CCS?

gore GIF by absurdnoise

22 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

LOL thats fine. My argument is firing CCS and making KB the coach.  I feel if CCS is fired, then KB needs to go as well. Chit, Im still open to giving Shaun King a crack at OC. But for now, I think KB will get the offense right. 

Csk was a high school coach and wasn’t successful. did nothing to deserve to be a Oc. Ckb won a state championship in high school in 4 years and won championships at Jacksonville with top offense in the nation and won national championship at Valdosta state undefeated with top offense in the nation which is the same school that Kirby smart, mike leach, and Dana holgerson coached at. Ckb knows the state and knows what it takes to build programs. I believe he would kill it here! How is valdosta on a 24 game winning streak (Clemson is on a 25 game winning streak) undefeated again right now and won the conference ? Because those are Ckb’s players. He built that. Literally left them a dynasty. Crazy thing is all those kids come back next year! Ckb has always taken programs like ours and made them great. He’s a winner as a head coach. He wins championships which we haven’t done here. 

21 hours ago, Bull94 said:

you know that was 4 years ago right?

I'm sure you know that our young o-linemen had 30+ appearances last year and that our RB played in 13 games as a freshman at UF.

we had the 11th most returning production on our offense this year in the country. and we had 9 returning starters.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/1/31/18204093/2019-ncaa-football-returning-starters-experience

funny how some of these guys were pretty good under Taggart, not half bad under Gilbert, and absolutely terrible under Bell.

Wilcox has already doubled his touchdown catches in any other year he has played. That’s with a below average Qb, who hasn’t been able to get him the ball when hes open. Give Ckb  flowers, Mack, Johnson, Valdez, Rodney Adams, and the guys we had. Yeah we would win the conference just likes hes always done when he goes recruit good players. Ckb signed 2 juco players that were seniors last year at Valdosta. Both are on nfl teams from a d2 school while he switched a receiver to Db his senior year and it got him drafted this past past year. Ckb knows talent, knows the state, and knows how to lead! Like I said he would kill it here and build the program up to a championship level team! 

21 hours ago, DJBulls said:

It's funny, right before Taggart switched to the Gulf Coast nobody could catch a pass...then they moved to simple quick routes and...viola! They could suddenly catch...

If you watch the temple game Ckb threw some screens and rpo’s. (We don’t have players that can make plays in space) Also attempted to throw some slants and quick throws. Qb just held onto the ball or missed them..They also tried to go 2 tight ends to try to run the ball and take pressure off Qb. They just couldn’t handle them up on the line.  Ckb will get a qb that can win a championship. He always has, Look at the Qb he recruited at Ju and the Qb that lead them to the national championship at Valdosta could run and throw. He even had John Brantley in high school who was gator national player of the year under him. Flowers was the gulf coast. Proves with out him the offense was nothing. Just the same how good fliowers made us look in 2018. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

I think we should keep Bell as a coach in waiting assuming the offense improves in Bells second year as the Offensive Coordinator. 

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/8/2019 at 12:27 PM, T-Man said:

I do not think Bell is the answer.  I trust Mike Kelly will make a good hire.   I think I young mind as OC / HC is the way to go, and an older experienced DC.   Clean house and begin rebuild.  Lord help us the next 3 games.....

I agree with this. Young hungry face running the sidelines is ideal. Someone who will get excited. I think that is one thing we all liked about CJL back in the day. You could feed off of his energy. All we have now is a disapproving dad standing on the sidelines with his arms crossed. To your point an older more established DC would balance out. Time to cut bait and get it done. I will keep my tickets regardless but the team needs to make moves in order to keep others. 

17 hours ago, puc86 said:

I’ll agree that if he is here he almost has to do better next season but as you pointed out Gilbert was more productive last season and we had as much returning from a production standpoint as anyone in the country. How much more productive was the Gilbert everyone wanted fired over the Bell now getting a pass? From a rankings standpoint KB is ranked 50 percent worse than Gilbert last season. Many will blame the line but who is the only coach KB brought with him? This seasons offense is record setting bad for us, KB has almost the same offensive weapons Gilbert had, KB’s offense is ranked 50 percent worse than Gilbert’s, people thought Gilbert sucked, people think KB is..... awesome????? How?

No Johnny ford, (ran for 800 yards as a true freshman) , no Solomon (Starter), mccants(starter), Bronson(Starter), duron Bell gone, Mack played some, then Antoine gone who is lightening it up at fau plus a qb who been hurt and can’t throw and looks scared to throw........can we be realistic! I do believe if we gave Ckb the reins in 3 years we would be in the conference championship! He just knows what it takes to get there! 

17 hours ago, DJBulls said:

What puzzled me is that he went away from the quick passing routes...not running the two te set didn't help either...especially with that Temple front 7...

Ccs has been preaching in his interviews about running the football. If you go watch Valdosta state last year when they do that it looks nothing like the offense he wants to run. Maybe he’s not having total full control. Or maybe they just though with a young qb that hasn’t been playing well. Just try to run the ball and help him out.