• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart and losing culture.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, Bull94 said:

The same quinton flowers that nobody else in the country recruited to play QB? The same quinton flowers that Taggart completely rebuilt an offense around?

the same Marlon Mack that almost nobody recruited to play RB? everybody wanted him as a safety

BS on Mack. He was a 4 star prospect. Flowers wasnt even his starter til he HAD to make a change.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,345
  • Days Won:  10

From the omniscient Wikipedia:

Recruiting

Mack was a four star recruit according to ESPN and 247Sports.com. The Scout.com and Rivals.com recruiting networks each gave him three stars.[3] Mack received over a dozen scholarship offers from schools including Michigan, Louisville, Indiana, Iowa State, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Marshall, and Ball State.[5] Mack initially made a (soft) commit to UCLA but decommitted following a coaching change for the Bruins.[6] Mack took an official visit to Louisville on January 17, 2014.[7] Louisville believed Mack had committed to the Cardinals, but he chose USF on signing day.[3]

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, TromBull12 said:

I know we're talking about losing culture so what the hell happened in 2004??? Asking my older bulls fans seeming as it's before my time. (06-12)

Screenshot_20190902-071708_Chrome.jpg

Ton of players redshirted as CJL wanted to be competitive the next year in the BE. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

15 minutes ago, BrowardBull17 said:

BS on Mack. He was a 4 star prospect. Flowers wasnt even his starter til he HAD to make a change.

He's right about Mack. Most schools wanted him at safety. I've followed our recruiting closely for years and it's the reason why Mack came to us instead of a P5 team. 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

19 minutes ago, BrowardBull17 said:

perhaps you aren't remembering correctly. some teams came in late to offer as a RB but he initially committed to UCLA until coach got fired and they stopped recruiting him.

http://preps.heraldtribune.com/2014/02/05/mack-set-to-run-with-the-bulls/

With a number of colleges looking at the Booker High two-way standout as a safety, Bruins coach Steve Broussard recruited Mack as a running back.

Labeled a three-star (out of five) recruit by most scouting services, Mack performed well in the 40-yard dash and 20-yard shuttle and average in the vertical jump and power throw.

Broussard was dismissed after the season, and the school fell out of contact with Mack, who reconsidered his commit.

“It had a little bit to do with it, because he was very cool with me and recruited me,” Mack said. “Communications just stopped.”

Flowers started as a true sophomore. He didn't HAVE to do anything. He designed his offense around Flowers. A kid nobody else recruited to play QB.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

16 minutes ago, BrowardBull17 said:

He built the entire offense around Flowers and flowers won the job in the spring as a true sophomore. How is that being forced into starting him? 

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

As a USF and FSU alum, it seems I have seen this movie before.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,681
  • Days Won:  108

What a great thread.  Seems to have covered everything, CJL, Holtz, Taggart, Strong, CUSA, Big East, AAC, herpes and gonorrhea.  Got my Labor Day off to a great start.  

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

People hate their coach especially here at USF. CWT was no exception. People wanted him gone so when he started winning there had to be reasons why that had nothing to do with him. Even now they can’t acknowledge the man adapted to his situation, GREW as a coach (what a good leader should do) and turned the team around.

I remember leaving the USF Clemson Bowl Game walking behind a group of fans who wanted Dabo fired because he was in over his head. Last year I remember seeing a link to a message board thread saying without his star QBs Dabo hasn’t done anything. It’s the nature of message boards and I shouldn’t let it get to me but clearly that’s my shortcoming 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

I know we're talking about losing culture so what the hell happened in 2004??? Asking my older bulls fans seeming as it's before my time. (06-12)

Screenshot_20190902-071708_Chrome.jpg

Pat Julmiste happened...