• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart and losing culture.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

People hate their coach especially here at USF. CWT was no exception. People wanted him gone so when he started winning there had to be reasons why that had nothing to do with him. Even now they can’t acknowledge the man adapted to his situation, GREW as a coach (what a good leader should do) and turned the team around.

I remember leaving the USF Clemson Bowl Game walking behind a group of fans who wanted Dabo fired because he was in over his head. Last year I remember seeing a link to a message board thread saying without his star QBs Dabo hasn’t done anything. It’s the nature of message boards and I shouldn’t let it get to me but clearly that’s my shortcoming 

You have said everything I wanted to say. Thank you. Id give you an up vote but it seems I have reached my limit in a 24 hour period.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

10 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

Even now they can’t acknowledge the man adapted to his situation, GREW as a coach (what a good leader should do) and turned the team around.

True he gets all the credit for adapting, but I think he was going to get fired pretty soon if he didn't.  Remember how it felt before that Syracuse game...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

True he gets all the credit for adapting, but I think he was going to get fired pretty soon if he didn't.  Remember how it felt before that Syracuse game...

Oh I do and agree completely. He was on his way out. I’m glad for USF he did. Since CCS isn’t going anywhere right now I hope he too can adapt and change. For me I don’t need him to keep losing so he gets fired. I’d rather he figure out how to turn this thing around. Have to think it’s a lot like pre-Syracuse for him right now. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

By the same token coaches go down with the ship/their system allllll the time. It's basically the norm. CWT did a philosophical 180 and pulled it out off. That's impressive. I was about to be done with him after that Memphis game in 2015, then the rest was history. 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

33 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

By the same token coaches go down with the ship/their system allllll the time. It's basically the norm. CWT did a philosophical 180 and pulled it out off. That's impressive. I was about to be done with him after that Memphis game in 2015, then the rest was history. 

Ccs just needs Harlan to come back and force him to change his system as well...

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Ccs just needs Harlan to come back and force him to change his system as well...

Change the system the year before the system was forced to change. 

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

CCS never adapted while at TX.  I have my doubts he adapts to conquer the 2019 season challenges.   The schedule is not  favorable for a major turn a round either. Six victories will be tough to come by. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

11 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

Oh I do and agree completely. He was on his way out. I’m glad for USF he did. Since CCS isn’t going anywhere right now I hope he too can adapt and change. For me I don’t need him to keep losing so he gets fired. I’d rather he figure out how to turn this thing around. Have to think it’s a lot like pre-Syracuse for him right now. 

Taggart was primed for a turnaround. He was bringing in great players. top rated AAC classes. Strong not so much.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/4/5/18288133/south-florida-football-2019-preview-schedule-roster

That whole “every signing class 77th or better” thing? At 77th and 76th, Strong’s 2019 and 2017 classes were the lowest-ranked of the decade. Their classes have ranked fifth in the AAC three of the last four years after ranking either first or second for the four seasons before that.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

On 9/3/2019 at 7:35 AM, Bull94 said:

Taggart was primed for a turnaround. He was bringing in great players. top rated AAC classes. Strong not so much.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/4/5/18288133/south-florida-football-2019-preview-schedule-roster

That whole “every signing class 77th or better” thing? At 77th and 76th, Strong’s 2019 and 2017 classes were the lowest-ranked of the decade. Their classes have ranked fifth in the AAC three of the last four years after ranking either first or second for the four seasons before that.

Yikes

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486

On 9/2/2019 at 8:18 PM, Bull Dozer said:

I wonder if Sterlin started using a playbook.  McNeese managed to put up 34 on Southern.  Although, 6 fumbles by the other team doesn't hurt either.