• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Charlie Strong UCF postgame Press conference

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We don’t have many actual fans left, it’s a dying breed killed off by cutting off the head of the program, being relegated to the minors, losing, instability and sterile environment that discourages any kind of excitement and engagement.

Accurate.  Slayed the golden goose.  Danced on the Titanic, gleeful USF would be a boss in a new (yet useless) conference.  Failed there with bad hires following a wrongful termination.  Ineptness abounds.  It's a great story if Auman ever wants to write a book for the remaining seven potential readers.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

58 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I agree we’ve messed up a lot, and this conference sucks...but uptempo winning football brings in people. This brand of football bores everyone 

Truth.

CCS will never provide up tempo entertaining football. He'll beat Tulane by one score year in and year out and consider it a success as the stadium empties and the fan base dies. He clearly has no ability for introspection and self-assessment.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, Blackice12 said:

Charlie Strong during the preseason and maybe once during the season said that USF could play with most Power 5 schools. Tonight he said the football team does not size up when compared to UCF and that the coaches are going recruiting on Monday to get the size and speed needed.   Odd thing is the smallest guy Johnny Ford did well tonight. 

I think it would have been a nice touch to mention the seniors during the press conference. I may have missed it but he gave more kudos to UCF and largely criticized his players during the conference. 

As the leader of the football team which is on a five game losing streak and just lost to it's rival with a backup QB; he rarely used the pronoun "I".   I am struggling how to read that but it appears that he is distancing himself from the results. I know it goes both ways, winning and losing. But when you are the leader and things aren't going too well stating to say, "I will do xyz to make things better" and being empathetic would go a long way.

We already have a ton of speed. His fault he doesn't use it properly.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

We already have a ton of speed. His fault he doesn't use it properly.

But imagine if we were even faster to the log jam in the middle of the field, Idk about you but every time I see Ford running thru the tackles he reminds me of a slower Jerome Bettis. Too bad you can’t teach speed.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Back when we were in a conference people cared about all the flags of the teams flew on game day, now they are nowhere to be seen because no one knows who they are or cares anything about them. It’s subtle, no one probably notices but it’s telling.

At least one whole set of flags for the AAC was flying tonight, on the very top of the east side of the stadium.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,256
  • Days Won:  1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

F'ing joke of a press conference chuck. He says this is the fastest team hes ever coached then throws the entire team under the bus. Hey Chuck, news flash...we saw a competent coach a few times  before you got here. This isnt some incompetent university just bc our fans suck.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,033
  • Days Won:  38

4 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

This isnt some incompetent university just bc our fans suck.

I guess he won't go back to complaining about attendance now.  You know, since they can't score and let UCF run wild in Tampa.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,637
  • Days Won:  6

9 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

It almost sounds like he’s asking to be fired 

I stayed away from the board for a week which was really stress free and good for my old heart.  I have to say of everything I've read last night and this morning I believe this is the most accurate post.  Why would you consistently throw your players under the bus and claim NOTHING is your (or your fellow coaches) fault if you weren't begging to be fired?

And that's going to be one empty Camping World stadium come Dec. 15th.  The only real loser is breast cancer.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,345
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

We don’t have many actual fans left, it’s a dying breed killed off by cutting off the head of the program, being relegated to the minors, losing, instability and sterile environment that discourages any kind of excitement and engagement.

It’s better to burnout than to fade away.

My my hey hey