• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Charlie Strong UCF postgame Press conference

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Charlie Strong during the preseason and maybe once during the season said that USF could play with most Power 5 schools. Tonight he said the football team does not size up when compared to UCF and that the coaches are going recruiting on Monday to get the size and speed needed.   Odd thing is the smallest guy Johnny Ford did well tonight. 

I think it would have been a nice touch to mention the seniors during the press conference. I may have missed it but he gave more kudos to UCF and largely criticized his players during the conference. 

As the leader of the football team which is on a five game losing streak and just lost to it's rival with a backup QB; he rarely used the pronoun "I".   I am struggling how to read that but it appears that he is distancing himself from the results. I know it goes both ways, winning and losing. But when you are the leader and things aren't going too well stating to say, "I will do xyz to make things better" and being empathetic would go a long way.

Edited by Blackice12
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Blackice12 said:

Charlie Strong during the preseason and maybe once during the season said that USF could play with most Power 5 schools. Tonight he said the football team does not size up when compared to UCF and that the coaches are going recruiting on Monday to get the size and speed needed.   Odd thing is the smallest guy Johnny Ford did well tonight. 

I think it would have been a nice touch to mention the seniors during the press conference. I may have missed it but he gave more kudos to UCF and largely criticized his players during the conference. 

As the leader of the football team which is on a five game losing streak and just lost to it's rival with a backup QB; he rarely used the pronoun "I".   I am struggling how to read that but it appears that he is distancing himself from the results. I know it goes both ways, winning and losing. But when you are the leader and things aren't going too well stating to say, "I will do xyz to make things better" and being empathetic would go a long way.

He is a PR nightmare 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,256
  • Days Won:  1

Didn’t strong say he wanted his guys to be smaller and faster but now wants them to get bigger. He can’t make up his mind and his comment that we need to see what ucf is doing should tell everyone he doesn’t get it and never will. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

This is 100% on chucky strong.  Even if we lost, I’d have been ok knowing we left it all on the field.  But we didn’t.  We mailed it in.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I will go back to what I have said since the season started.  This coaching staff does not have a winning mentality.  A winning mentality would have started by understanding what your players' skill sets are and building both offense and defense around what you have.  These guys, even going back to last year, wanted to run their system, win or lose, regardless of what skill sets you have on the roster.  This is college, you cannot just trade or draft your team.  If he is just realizing that he has to go out and recruit the players for what he is trying to do here, it will be another thee years before those new players are in a position to win.

That is not necessary.  He had players on the roster that had been winners.  

Not a winning mentality from anyone associated with this program right now.  Problems start with the philosophy and multiply from there.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

It almost sounds like he’s asking to be fired 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I will go back to what I have said since the season started.  This coaching staff does not have a winning mentality.  A winning mentality would have started by understanding what your players' skill sets are and building both offense and defense around what you have.  These guys, even going back to last year, wanted to run their system, win or lose, regardless of what skill sets you have on the roster.  This is college, you cannot just trade or draft your team.  If he is just realizing that he has to go out and recruit the players for what he is trying to do here, it will be another thee years before those new players are in a position to win.

That is not necessary.  He had players on the roster that had been winners.  

Not a winning mentality from anyone associated with this program right now.  Problems start with the philosophy and multiply from there.

You could not be more correct on your take here!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

He says we need more speed...but why you can't even work with a team faster than most of the teams in the American with Cronk, Bell, Ford, Bronson, St Felix....

USF has to cut ties with Strong  

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Completely throws the players under the bus

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

Completely throws the players under the bus

Every week he does that. I’m shocked some of the players haven’t told him to **** off 

• Upvote 1