• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Charlie Strong UCF postgame Press conference

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 hours ago, MikeG said:

To hear all the players say it, they must all be brainwashed into thinking this is all their fault.

Ford said it shouldn't matter if the same call is played ten times in a row, as long as you execute it correctly you should win.

umm-- last time I checked, this is not how football works. Calling the right play at the right time is half the battle. Unless you are simply overpowering every team you play- which I suppose could work but even the best teams MIX IT UP.

You can’t too pissy at an 18 year old freshman trying to establish himself. The kid is one of the few shinning lights on offense and is smart enough to know that ******** on the coaching staff through the media is not the way to go. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

6 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

F'ing joke of a press conference chuck. He says this is the fastest team hes ever coached then throws the entire team under the bus. Hey Chuck, news flash...we saw a competent coach a few times  before you got here. This isnt some incompetent university just bc our fans suck.

This is the fastest team I've ever coached

Monday we hit the road to recruit size and speed.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

I can understand why the players won’t publicly criticize strong as they would never see the field again but I have to imagine they can’t be happy with him in the locker room. If we are going to fire him we’d be best to do it before the bowl game and let one of the assistants coach the bowl game

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, MikeG said:

if that is what you got from reading my post-- please just stop reading my posts. You are so far off from the meaning what I wrote that I am laughing at your comments. Pissy? Who the eff was getting pissy at him? I am reading into what all of them are saying-- to a man-- that sounds like the coaches have them thinking calling the same plays over and over again is on them to perform the play to perfection and not to wonder WHY the other team is perfectly positioned every time they call that play. Unless you think calling the same play 10 times in a row is how to win games-- I don't get your comments at all.

Take play number one on almost every drive this season-- Half back dive. Any team who has done even the most rudimentary film study knows it is coming, loads the box and stuffs it. We almost never change any pattern to the offense, get behind an eight ball on third down and throw some long pass hoping to get a new set of downs. That is BS. That is worse than Pee Wee football coaching. And yet we are paying some man hundreds of thousands of dollars to give his expert play calling. Nonsense.

Did you get any sleep last night Mike? You were up posting late and now you're back.

The players have Stockholm syndrome or they know they can't even say something as benign as "We can always improve in all aspects of the game."

You can only run the plays the opposition knows are coming and succeed if you are overwhelmingly more talented than the other team. By running the same plays you are ceding some of your talent advantage.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, MikeG said:

if that is what you got from reading my post-- please just stop reading my posts. You are so far off from the meaning what I wrote that I am laughing at your comments. Pissy? Who the eff was getting pissy at him? I am reading into what all of them are saying-- to a man-- that sounds like the coaches have them thinking calling the same plays over and over again is on them to perform the play to perfection and not to wonder WHY the other team is perfectly positioned every time they call that play. Unless you think calling the same play 10 times in a row is how to win games-- I don't get your comments at all.

Take play number one on almost every drive this season-- Half back dive. Any team who has done even the most rudimentary film study knows it is coming, loads the box and stuffs it. We almost never change any pattern to the offense, get behind an eight ball on third down and throw some long pass hoping to get a new set of downs. That is BS. That is worse than Pee Wee football coaching. And yet we are paying some man hundreds of thousands of dollars to give his expert play calling. Nonsense.

Jesus dude relax. It’s the day after...why so hard core against me? There was a number of threads using the brainwashing theory. All I am saying is you can’t expect players to say anything derogatory. As a player I would not say anything either. Yes, I agree with you 100% the play calling is terrible. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,617
  • Days Won:  51

2 hours ago, MikeG said:

Jeez, somebody needs a hug

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,271
  • Days Won:  255

Could you imagine coaching against a team that lost there all star qb ( that was completely unheralded coming out of hs). Then getting dashed by a walk on rb and a freshman qb that’s played in one game (also not known to be above average) and then coming to the podium and saying the issue is a talent gap? I’m just dumbfounded. I thought I didn’t get as angry anymore but this **** is nonsense.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

It's easy to look not big enough and fast enough when the opponent's defense only has to defend 1/3rd of the field and know what plays are coming. What a joke 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,271
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

It's easy to look not big enough and fast enough when the opponent's defense only has to defend 1/3rd of the field and know what plays are coming. What a joke 

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,067
  • Days Won:  469

How do you know so much about fish?