• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Charlie Strong UCF postgame Press conference

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

How do you know so much about fish?

What if we are judging a defensive end fish by its ability to perform a swim move?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

25 minutes ago, Brad said:

It was either the internet, an elementary school poster or some book a former ceo made us read on the ELT ( it could have been all three there is a lot of overlap).

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Just listened to QF talk about hearing what ccs said in the press conference and he was PISSED. He also implied that the alumni needs to step up its support or this will continue. Seeing how upset the former players are should be a sign to Kelly to fire ccs. QF talked about how all these guys go out and do what the coaches tell them to do. They are not showcasing the talents our team has. He mentioned the coaches say stuff like “we will get them next year” and how many of the players don’t have a next year.  Coaches making millions, not living up to their end of the agreement, yet ******** on the players. In my book that’s inexcusable. 

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Just listened to QF talk about hearing what ccs said in the press conference and he was PISSED. He also implied that the alumni needs to step up its support or this will continue. Seeing how upset the former players are should be a sign to Kelly to fire ccs. QF talked about how all these guys go out and do what the coaches tell them to do. They are not showcasing the talents our team has. He mentioned the coaches say stuff like “we will get them next year” and how many of the players don’t have a next year.  Coaches making millions, not living up to their end of the agreement, yet ******** on the players. In my book that’s inexcusable. 

Link?

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

52 minutes ago, 94 Bull said:

Link?

It was on Instagram live 

and to clarify the part where I say coaches making millions... that’s my thoughts not his. I should have separated from what he said.  

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

7 hours ago, Brad said:

image.thumb.png.4d5163d2b3ec5e080ae3d9a13e959443.png

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,529
  • Days Won:  25

IF QF did say that, we have the support of one of the USF GOATS! Fire the staff! 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

His presser was a put down to the players and an embarrassment to the University.  He should be fired on that alone.  A good leader gives credit to the players when things are going good and takes the blame when things are going bad.

Before the game, when asked what USF has to do catche UCF he gave an incoherent bumbling answer.  He has no attachment to this University.  This gig was supposed to be a 2 year stop to rehab his career until he could get back to the P5.  He brought in BB so he could have a good enough record this year that he’d be attractive to a P5 program.  Obviously that’s not gonna happen and I think his frustration boiled over in his presser.

Changing coordinators is not the answer.  Didn’t work for him at Texas.  If he stays we will be having this same conversation next year after a 4-8 or 5-7 year wondering if we can afford his buyout.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,260
  • Days Won:  1

the problem I can see with strong is if he fires Gilbert what guarantee do we have that he won’t handicap the new oc by forcing him to basically run the same system. Strong always blames everyone else for mistakes but never blames himself or the staff. I have to imagine any potential player that sees how strong throws players under the bus all the time but never blames the staff will have 2nd and 3rd thoughts about coming here as long as strong is around

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

39 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

the problem I can see with strong is if he fires Gilbert what guarantee do we have that he won’t handicap the new oc by forcing him to basically run the same system. Strong always blames everyone else for mistakes but never blames himself or the staff. I have to imagine any potential player that sees how strong throws players under the bus all the time but never blames the staff will have 2nd and 3rd thoughts about coming here as long as strong is around

Good point. This will be important for Kelly to stress the need for a coordinator who can open up things. Perhaps the hire must be approved by Kelly first.