• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Georgia Tech Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,039
  • Days Won:  38

14 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

It is rather boring. There is a reason only a couple teams still use this offense. 

I actually find it quite exciting.  The timing is interesting and the execution may leave guys running untouched.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  22
  • Days Won:  0

Option football is about loving the mechanics and execution. Most people don't know much about option football and find it not to their taste (which I understand). 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

33 minutes ago, longestdays said:

Option football is about loving the mechanics and execution. Most people don't know much about option football and find it not to their taste (which I understand). 

Just curious, when was the last season Tech ran a conventional offense? When you guys were co- national champions it was not an option offense was it? 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Just curious, when was the last season Tech ran a conventional offense? When you guys were co- national champions it was not an option offense was it? 

Chan Gailey was the coach right before Paul Johnson - pretty sure they ran a pro-style then.  PJ's first season was 2008.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,744
  • Content Count:  37,610
  • Days Won:  29

Image result for ga tech away jersey 2018

Unfortunately, they don't have a dark away jersey.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

54 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Image result for ga tech away jersey 2018

Unfortunately, they don't have a dark away jersey.

It doesn't matter. Unless USF and GT agreed to it before the start of the season, we have to wear dark at home and they get to wear white.  I dlon't think they would agree, they like their white jerseys better.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

It doesn't matter. Unless USF and GT agreed to it before the start of the season, we have to wear dark at home and they get to wear white.  I dlon't think they would agree, they like their white jerseys better.

GT wears white home and away, actually

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  1

I just watched the GT game against Alcorn and wasn’t overly impressed with their D. It was Alcorn but even so, their WRs were open, it’s just they didn’t have a QB who could complete a pass. 

Offensively, they are who they are and run that system to perfection but has a lot of issues completing passes than previous years. Their QB hasn’t developed into a good passer. 

If Barnett is accurate then it’s going to force GT to drop a LB into coverage or just play nickel which will then open up Cronk in the running game plus he can catch out of the backfield and I would take him over any GT LB any day.

we may actually get to fully see this offense run how it’s supposed to.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693

So I'm not sure if you all are aware, but a buddy just asked me to grab him some tickets for this Saturday's game through my USF Season Ticket account.

I of course logged in to oblige and was able to snag him 4 tickets in Section 208 for $20 a piece with a "special group discount." 

If you know anyone that wants to go, you can't beat the $20 price tag for club access. I'm sure other areas of the stadium may be even cheaper! 

Lets pack Ray Jay!!!!