• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Georgia Tech Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Georgia Tech has a lot of weapons in their running game, including their quarterback (TaQuon Marshall). They played Alcorn and ran for 439 yards, and only had 104 passing yards. QB Marshall went 9/18 with 1 TD & 1 INT. GT is a much more talented team than Elon and much faster. GT will also play up tempo.  We showed difficulty stopping the run game against Elon with a much slower offense. I hope our D-line is able to adjust & work on stopping the heavy run offense GT will throw our way with the addition of an elusive running QB. 

I cannot wait for Saturday, Primetime on ABC/ESPN. Will most likely be a high scoring game. I think we can win this game with a strong showing by BB, improved special teams and consistent kicking game. I also look forward to seeing Cronkrite do his magic. 

Go Bulls!

AA05E1D3-41F9-48D2-A429-900C3AEB517F.png

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

We have shown too many times that we play to opponents levels.. whether good or bad. I’ve learned to stop assuming we’ll get rolled, or we’ll do the rolling. 

I try not to compare apples to oranges when looking ahead to games.  I have a feeling this Bulls team will come out red hot on Saturday and light it up in a back-and-forth shoot-out.  Idk if we will pull it out in the end... I’m hoping we do.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I watched their entire first game. They have speed and depth. But get them into throwing downs and they are terrible. I don’t like our chances but who knows. Hopefully it will be close going into the 4th. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

8 hours ago, BullFan98 said:

Will most likely be a high scoring game.

Kind of like that Navy game two years ago?  They kept gashing us for yardage, but we got it back. Of course Marlon and QF did it on the ground, and QF added some through the air.  I think we gave up about 5-6 TDs on the ground to Navy, but got ahead and answered late.

I hope we plug up the holes in that line and shut down the Jackets early, like Navy.  going to be a tough game.  That constant option crap pisses me off as a fan, I couldn't imagine trying to stop it for 60 minutes.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Kind of like that Navy game two years ago?  They kept gashing us for yardage, but we got it back. Of course Marlon and QF did it on the ground, and QF added some through the air.  I think we gave up about 5-6 TDs on the ground to Navy, but got ahead and answered late.

I hope we plug up the holes in that line and shut down the Jackets early, like Navy.  going to be a tough game.  That constant option crap pisses me off as a fan, I couldn't imagine trying to stop it for 60 minutes.

I couldn’t imagine having to watch it for every game. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This game will be a dog fight. Tech is going to to try to grind this game out. We have to take care of the football and be efficient on offense and win on 3rd down on defense. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I couldn’t imagine having to watch it for every game. 

It is rather boring. There is a reason only a couple teams still use this offense. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

31 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

This game will be a dog fight.

It really must be, for the GT backs, "SWARM and PUNISH".

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

38 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

This game will be a dog fight. Tech is going to to try to grind this game out. We have to take care of the football and be efficient on offense and win on 3rd down on defense. 

Agree we can't afford 3 and outs we gotta be efficient and BB looks to be efficient passing the ball around.  

Like said this team has a history of playing to the level of the team we face....they will be pumped up to play an ACC P5 team and will bring it on defense they will take the intensity on defense up several levels no doubt.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,966
  • Days Won:  12

We just need speed to catch up to them after the blow it out on the perimeter