• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Georgia Tech Game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

4 minutes ago, GTFAN1 said:

The issue is, you see 8-5 over the last decade as being “average” but when you look at what other schools are doing thats just false. You even posted a link that we are a .592 team over the history of GT which is 31st our of 130 teams. I get what you are saying and what you are trying to get at, but you have a perception of GT that’s just false as far as being “average” and the numbers back it up compared to other schools. If you are going to compare numbers you can’t just use 1 school and say, oh, they’re average without knowing how they compare in those numbers to the majority of other programs. Fact of the matter is, GT over the last decade has had more success as a whole than the majority of college football teams. Look at just the ACC for instance, they have been the 4th best team in the last 10 years behind FSU, Clemson, and VT, I’m sorry but 4th best in ACC is anything but average, we would need to be around 8 for that to be true. And for the record I get what you are saying about this being a big game for y’all, I wouldn’t declare this as that for y’all. 

Think you meant us'ns

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, BucsandBulls said:

This game falls into the same category of opponent as UNC, Kansas, NC State, Oregon. A good OOC game that we should be pumped up to win. These were not ordinary games, the team would view them as unique opportunities back then as well. It is not the world-beater games of Auburn or FSU, they only come around once every few years. We didn't play those games every year back in the day either. It is not our super bowl, but it is a nationally televised game against one of the top opponents on our schedule for the year. 

I’d definitely say this isn’t like a UNC, Kansas, NC state type game. GT has been a WAY better program than those teams. However, we aren’t the FSU, Auburn type games either. I’d say we are somewhere in the middle.