• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Georgia Tech Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

5 minutes ago, BullFan98 said:

I hear a lot of excuses...a win is a win, and a loss is a loss.  This loss should have never happened, a crazy catch cost us the game, and a last second...made us lose.  Its called football.  The bottom line is that the better team on Saturday will win.  Go Bulls!

This. 

Anytime 1 play can beat you it means you didn't make enough plays so you were in situation where a lucky bounce, the refs, or whatever other fluky thing can beat you.  For every "lucky" bounce/play that beats you I can guarantee there are probably 10 plays you didn't make to allow yourself to be in that situation.   Things like that can only beat you if you play yourself into that situation.  

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

This. 

Anytime 1 play can beat you it means you didn't make enough plays so you were in situation where a lucky bounce, the refs, or whatever other fluky thing can beat you.  For every "lucky" bounce/play that beats you I can guarantee there are probably 10 plays you didn't make to allow yourself to be in that situation.   Things like that can only beat you if you play yourself into that situation.  

Exactly. Just like the confluence of bad clock management, porous special teams coverage and a fourth and forever conversion followed up by more porous special teams coverage and an untimely fumble cost us an undefeated season.

I feel lame just typing that.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

44 minutes ago, GTFAN1 said:

Maybe, maybe not. Even not getting turned around he got his hand in there which is what you are suppose to do. The safety coming over misread the ball as well, he’s the one I think could have picked it off. 

That's a fact. The Safety just completely airballed the play, and that's the difference between winning and losing.

Hopefully we get those inches this year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

Any hopes of our running game being better this week just because Cronk is back? I feel GT likely gets 28-32 points and we will need Barnett to really perform in order to win

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

40 minutes ago, BullFan98 said:

I hear a lot of excuses...a win is a win, and a loss is a loss.  This loss should have never happened, a crazy catch cost us the game, and a last second...made us lose.  Its called football.  The bottom line is that the better team on Saturday will win.  Go Bulls!

Completely right, but your obviously missing the point being made...... point is, last year is last year and holds no weight on this year, and 2nd we weren’t as bad as our record showed, it’s not like we were getting blown out. My comment was being made to a poster that said it’s sad some are acting like this is a big game when GT is a .500 team. Context matters when reading something. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

anchoron-main1.jpg

Little known fact: Both Coach Gilbert & GT love Nirvana so much they made one play integral to their offenses. Now we play the game to find out who loves the band more.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

42 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

Exactly. Just like the confluence of bad clock management, porous special teams coverage and a fourth and forever conversion followed up by more porous special teams coverage and an untimely fumble cost us an undefeated season.

I feel lame just typing that.

Add running the ball 55 times when you were averaging less than 3ypc and Q was "on" and efficient thorwing the ball that day and Ed Oliver is on the other side of the LOS.   

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, GTFAN1 said:

Completely right, but your obviously missing the point being made...... point is, last year is last year and holds no weight on this year, and 2nd we weren’t as bad as our record showed, it’s not like we were getting blown out. My comment was being made to a poster that said it’s sad some are acting like this is a big game when GT is a .500 team. Context matters when reading something. 

You're asking a lot from the people on this board.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

9 hours ago, GTFAN1 said:

That was last year, if you know anything about GT they can randomly have 2014 type season. We went from 3 wins in 2015 to 9 in 2016. I don’t understand the whole judging a team based on the year before, if you’ve watched football long enough, you know things can change drastically in 1 year

Image result for is that so

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

9 hours ago, GTFAN1 said:

Meh...I hear more excuses. 

• Upvote 1