• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Georgia Tech Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

10 minutes ago, GTFAN1 said:

Duke had a guy a couple years ago named cash, he was a safety but they played him in the box and he wrecked havoc on us. The big thing is will they play him in the middle or outside? We can generally get to guys better if they are OLB with our OT or a pulling guard. The MLB hurts us because if they are fast and athletic it’s hard for our center to reach them in time because it has to be done so fast compared to an OLB where the play might be longer developing for our OG or OT to get a hat on them. The other big thing is diagnosing the play and not biting on miss direction. GT will run the same play with multiple blocking schemes, so it can be difficult to really know where the ball is going, in doing this you might think it’s a different play than it really is. 

We play a base 3-3-5 with a hybrid end OLB but it's basically a 4-2-5 as that guy normally has their hand on the ground. We don't have a traditional MLB because of the scheme. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we come out in a 5-2 this weekend. We did this against Navy a couple years ago with great success while the starters were in. We have the corners to play straight man out side and two rangy safties so we could make that work. 

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

We play a base 3-3-5 with a hybrid end OLB but it's basically a 4-2-5 as that guy normally has their hand on the ground. We don't have a traditional MLB because of the scheme. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we come out in a 5-2 this weekend. We did this against Navy a couple years ago with great success while the starters were in. We have the corners to play straight man out side and two rangy safties so we could make that work. 

Yup, the only good game plan Raymond Woodie put together. CCS knows what he's doing too though. Hopefully the extra prep in camp was enough for the young guys on D.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

All the pressure in on GT to win the game --on the road. Look at their schedule. Tell me the Bulls are not going to fly around on D and play USF football.

aaaa.jpg.a1f085754eae5cfacba2c7e012b084b5.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Why on earth would you be blowing us out?  We’re 29-5 over the past 35 games. One of 5 FBS teams with that many wins over that time period and 4 of those made the CFP playoffs.  You went 5-6 last year.  

29-5 over the last 35 games?  Um....  Maybe that's why you did not go to GT.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

6 minutes ago, orientalnc said:

Good burn 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

38 minutes ago, orientalnc said:

Most wouldnt want to go to GT because of the Ratio.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 hours ago, GTFAN1 said:

Ok, so calm down I was just making a statement. I wasn’t bashing y’all by any means if that’s what you though. Sometime people make statements and it’s just that, a statement. Also some are predicting a 14+ point win but your fans predicting over a 20 point win for y’all. And what your saying is, if we lose to y’all we may win 5 or 6 but if we win it could be 9? What about what’s in between? I didn’t know losing a game week 2 could cause you to lose other games you would otherwise win if you won week 2.

If you can't beat us, you aren't beating VT, Clemson, or Georgia. That puts you at 4 losses. I said a 5 or 6 loss season would be likely if you lose to us. When I said that is all you have got, I was referring to your running game, not to your argument. 

2 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

I did. I saw DTs getting no push. I saw Khalid and sawtelle taking terrible angles. DEs getting pancaked and it and looked pretty similar to Temple 2 years ago

There were a few plays here and there, but nothing too alarming. The Bulls have been preparing for GT since the spring. I doubt they spent much time prepping for Elon. We will know soon enough. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

If you can't beat us, you aren't beating VT, Clemson, or Georgia. That puts you at 4 losses. I said a 5 or 6 loss season would be likely if you lose to us. When I said that is all you have got, I was referring to your running game, not to your argument. 

Got ya, but to say if we lose to y’all we can’t beat some of those other teams is just false. That’s part of football, teams lose all the time and bounce back and or beat teams they shouldn’t. I mean we beat vt last year. In 2014 we lost to Duke and North Carolina, but beat VT, Clemson, Miami, UGA, miss state, and took FSU to the wire. If what you say is true that wouldnt have happened.

11 minutes ago, GTFAN1 said:

Got ya, but to say if we lose to y’all we can’t beat some of those other teams is just false. That’s part of football, teams lose all the time and bounce back and or beat teams they shouldn’t. I mean we beat vt last year. In 2014 we lost to Duke and North Carolina, but beat VT, Clemson, Miami, UGA, miss state, and took FSU to the wire. If what you say is true that wouldnt have happened.

Again, I was attributing your fanbase's bravado entering the game Saturday on the psychology of knowing that if you can't beat us you are highly likely to have at least 5 losses this season. Of course anything could happen, but I think if you are being intellectually honest, you would be really concerned for the rest of the season with a loss to USF on Saturday.