• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Georgia Tech Game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,674
  • Days Won:  29

Score More !

Stay in your lanes on Defense !!

Create TO's and turn them into Bull Points !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

21 hours ago, GTFAN1 said:

That was last year, if you know anything about GT they can randomly have 2014 type season. We went from 3 wins in 2015 to 9 in 2016. I don’t understand the whole judging a team based on the year before, if you’ve watched football long enough, you know things can change drastically in 1 year. Also GT was a lot better than 5 wins last year. Lost to UT which should have never happened, Miami beat us on the crazy catch, and UVA beat us at the last second which shouldn’t happen. We had real issues closing out games last year. 

Right, once every 8 years GT randomly wins 10 games and sneaks into the ACC championship. Since 2010 three losing seasons, one 11 win season, and the rest look something like 7-6. Like I said... a .500 GT team.

Look I'm not saying USF is some historical powerhouse...I'm saying as an upstart we used to play teams like GT 7 times a year in conference, and win big non-conference games vs. Auburn, Notre Dame, FSU, etc...

It's more a self flagellation over being stuck in neutral as a program for 10 years. 😕

EDIT:

Not that I expect you to agree with any of this. You come from a fan base that thinks the Varsity is a good pregame meal. What they served in two girls one cup is more appealing than the **** from Varsity.

Edited by Capital H

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,126
  • Days Won:  39

17 minutes ago, Capital H said:

Not that I expect you to agree with any of this. You come from a fan base that thinks the Varsity is a good pregame meal. What they served in two girls one cup is more appealing than the **** from Varsity.

No one would ever think the Varsity is a good meal.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

46 minutes ago, Capital H said:

Right, once every 8 years GT randomly wins 10 games and sneaks into the ACC championship. Since 2010 three losing seasons, one 11 win season, and the rest look something like 7-6. Like I said... a .500 GT team.

Look I'm not saying USF is some historical powerhouse...I'm saying as an upstart we used to play teams like GT 7 times a year in conference, and win big non-conference games vs. Auburn, Notre Dame, FSU, etc...

It's more a self flagellation over being stuck in neutral as a program for 10 years. 😕

EDIT:

Since 2010 (not sure why that’s the ransoms year we go to) we have had 2 losing seasons and 3 seasons with 8 or more wins, if you go back to 2008 (since our coach has been at GT) we have 5 seasons of 8 or more wins. We’ve also had more ACCCG appearances than anyone in our division except for VT. Yes we have some down years, but we’ve still averages 7.9 wins since CPJ has been at GT and that’s with a 3 win and 5 win season. I’d dare to say 7.9 wins over 10 years, on average is better than most football program. So simple math would tell us a .500 team averages 6 wins. And your right, I don’t agree with you, because facts override perception. Btw I’m not one of those varsity guys, if I get it, it’s because I’m not in the area much, but it’s really not that great imo. Do you not like it? 

Edited by GTFAN1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

35 minutes ago, GTFAN1 said:

Since 2010 (not sure why that’s the ransoms year we go to) we have had 2 losing seasons and 3 seasons with 8 or more wins, if you go back to 2008 (since our coach has been at GT) we have 5 seasons of 8 or more wins. We’ve also had more ACCCG appearances than anyone in our division except for VT. Yes we have some down years, but we’ve still averages 7.9 wins since CPJ has been at GT and that’s with a 3 win and 5 win season. I’d dare to say 7.9 wins over 10 years, on average is better than most football program. So simple math would tell us a .500 team averages 6 wins. And your right, I don’t agree with you, because facts override perception. Btw I’m not one of those varsity guys, if I get it, it’s because I’m not in the area much, but it’s really not that great imo. Do you not like it? 

Its not a random year, its this decade. 2010 is a round number. Most people arbitrarily look at these periods and is completely normal to use that as a frame of reference. Your record since then is 56-47, or 8-7 (looks pretty close to .500 to me).

To humor you I will go back a full decade.

75-54 (.581) between 2008-2017 or 7.5-5.4 average record. I will even give you the super benefit of rounding at the most maximized amount you can, 8-5 for the last decade.

Looks overwhelmingly average to me no matter how you cut it, and I stand by my statement its depressing as a fan of USF that this is the new big game on the schedule. This really isn't a knock on GT, it should be a fun game and a W would be better than an L. I just yearn for the days when this program would look at this as just another game (similar to when we would play UNC).

http://www.winsipedia.com/georgia-tech

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Capital H said:

Its not a random year, its this decade. 2010 is a round number. Most people arbitrarily look at these periods and is completely normal to use that as a frame of reference. Your record since then is 56-47, or 8-7 (looks pretty close to .500 to me).

75-54 (.581) between 2008-2017 or 7.5-5.4 average record. I will even give you the super benefit of rounding at the most maximized amount you can, 8-5 for the last decade.

Looks overwhelmingly average to me no matter how you cut it, and I stand by my statement its depressing as a fan of USF that this is the new big game on the schedule. This really isn't a knock on GT, it should be a fun game and a W would be better than an L. I just yearn for the days when this program would look at this as just another game (similar to when we would play UNC).

I was just thinking about when we went to Chapel Hill and played NC. It was just an ordinary game that we won...didn’t even think much of it. Now, we would all be sitting here talking like it is the super bowl...it really sucks how times have changed for the worst.  

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

49 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was just thinking about when we went to Chapel Hill and played NC. It was just an ordinary game that we won...didn’t even think much of it. Now, we would all be sitting here talking like it is the super bowl...it really sucks how times have changed for the worst.  

This game falls into the same category of opponent as UNC, Kansas, NC State, Oregon. A good OOC game that we should be pumped up to win. These were not ordinary games, the team would view them as unique opportunities back then as well. It is not the world-beater games of Auburn or FSU, they only come around once every few years. We didn't play those games every year back in the day either. It is not our super bowl, but it is a nationally televised game against one of the top opponents on our schedule for the year. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

2 hours ago, BucsandBulls said:

This game falls into the same category of opponent as UNC, Kansas, NC State, Oregon. A good OOC game that we should be pumped up to win. These were not ordinary games, the team would view them as unique opportunities back then as well. It is not the world-beater games of Auburn or FSU, they only come around once every few years. We didn't play those games every year back in the day either. It is not our super bowl, but it is a nationally televised game against one of the top opponents on our schedule for the year. 

The schedule gets better after this season. 2019 - Wisconsin, @GT, BYU is very impressive. 2020 - @Texas, Nevada, @FAU is ok. 2021 - @NCST, Cent. Mich., @BYU is ok. 2022 - Texas, @UF, @UofL, UMASS is unreal. 2023 - @WKU, UF, SJSU - is great just because the Gators come to RJS. 2024 - WKU, @Texas, NCST, UofL (we should also have home games against UCF and Navy) is probably our best looking home slate since the Big East days. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Capital H said:

The issue is, you see 8-5 over the last decade as being “average” but when you look at what other schools are doing thats just false. You even posted a link that we are a .592 team over the history of GT which is 31st our of 130 teams. I get what you are saying and what you are trying to get at, but you have a perception of GT that’s just false as far as being “average” and the numbers back it up compared to other schools. If you are going to compare numbers you can’t just use 1 school and say, oh, they’re average without knowing how they compare in those numbers to the majority of other programs. Fact of the matter is, GT over the last decade has had more success as a whole than the majority of college football teams. Look at just the ACC for instance, they have been the 4th best team in the last 10 years behind FSU, Clemson, and VT, I’m sorry but 4th best in ACC is anything but average, we would need to be around 8 for that to be true. And for the record I get what you are saying about this being a big game for y’all, I wouldn’t declare this as that for y’all either.

Edited by GTFAN1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

3 minutes ago, GTFAN1 said:

The issue is, you see 8-5 over the last decade as being “average” but when you look at what other schools are doing thats just false. You even posted a link that we are a .592 team over the history of GT which is 31st our of 130 teams. I get what you are saying and what you are trying to get at, but you have a perception of GT that’s just false as far as being “average” and the numbers back it up compared to other schools. If you are going to compare numbers you can’t just use 1 school and say, oh, they’re average without knowing how they compare in those numbers to the majority of other programs. Fact of the matter is, GT over the last decade has had more success as a whole than the majority of college football teams. Look at just the ACC for instance, they have been the 4th best team in the last 10 years behind FSU, Clemson, and VT, I’m sorry but 4th best in ACC is anything but average, we would need to be around 8 for that to be true. And for the record I get what you are saying about this being a big game for y’all, I wouldn’t declare this as that for y’all. 

You are mathing up the wrong board. Logic, science, math and stats don't go over too well here. 

• Upvote 1