• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Georgia Tech Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Again, I was attributing your fanbase's bravado entering the game Saturday on the psychology of knowing that if you can't beat us you are highly likely to have at least 5 losses this season. Of course anything could happen, but I think if you are being intellectually honest, you would be really concerned for the rest of the season with a loss to USF on Saturday. 

Honestly idk, I don’t know how good USF is and GT generally starts off slow. I will say our low imo is about 6 wins. My expectations are 8 and 9 with a bowl game win. However, this could turn out to be a 2014 type season. We will have a better idea after playing y’all. 

Would y’all say y’all have a better WR group compared to Miami? 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

24 minutes ago, GTFAN1 said:

Yes, and a better QB as well. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Yes, and a better QB as well. 

Premature to say that after one week against Elon don’t you think? Not saying he’s not, but I don’t think that can accurately be said just yet. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

13 minutes ago, GTFAN1 said:

Premature to say that after one week against Elon don’t you think? Not saying he’s not, but I don’t think that can accurately be said just yet. 

Nah, pretty much everyone here hates the Canes, so we will trash them any chance we get

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Nah, pretty much everyone here hates the Canes, so we will trash them any chance we get

Lol, well I cant stand them either, so I’ll go ahead and agree with it. 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, GTFAN1 said:

Lol, well I cant stand them either, so I’ll go ahead and agree with it. 

We also don't care for that Orlando school if you can't tell.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

We also don't care for that Orlando school if you can't tell.

Or really any other Florida school for that matter. We are a grumpy bunch...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, GTFAN1 said:

Sorry, this got long... UM vs USF comparison/scouting report below...

So... not the typical USF response here, so, some background... My wife (I found a good one) is a huge canes fan. She yells and cusses at the TV when the canes are on just as much as I do for the Bulls... so, I have watched a lot of UM football over the last 3 years...

Richt is a good coach, he has consistently been underwhelmed by Rosier's play. Rosier made some crazy (lucky) throws late in games last year to win 2 or maybe 3 games they shouldn't have won (I think one was against you guys if I recall). After 1 game, I'm ready to say Barnett is a better QB than Rosier. Rosier is streaky at best. He misses throws by yards. The game last weekend was atrocious if you take out the brilliant plays his WRs made on occasion. Barnett probably has the same mobility, but is way more accurate. What we havent seen is him under pressure, but, Rosier is bad, so, I'll call it a wash at worse for Barnett.

As for WRs, RIchards is pretty good for UM, they had another guy that made some big plays (Cager maybe?), but, I think we have better depth. Speed is probably the same. One thing I noticed was that Rosier was having to throw to tight windows. Maybe LSU DBs are all NFL talent, but, I would think the WRs would get better separation. They didn't seem to be able to get themselves open at all. UM's TE (or 2) were out and they were playing a true freshman on Sunday, but, edge goes to us with Wilcox there with what they put on the field last week. Maybe UM's regular guys are better. Wilcox has been prone to fumblitis in the past, hopefully he has that worked out, he's a solid talent if so. For WRs, I am not sure if we have a big contested catch guy yet... probably McCants, but, I suspect that while across the board I like our WRs better, Miami probably has some stronger guys for fighting for the football.

Miami likely has better overall depth than us, and, their defense is likely way better than ours. Seems like they were finding their way a bit on Sunday, but, their LBs are all pretty solid. They most likely are bigger than us too. We lost a lot of guys on defense, so, short of what we saw on Saturday, none of us really know what to expect from our guys. The defensive backfield should be pretty good, but, we lost 2 DTs to the NFL, our seasoned MLB (who was average, but, consistently so), a DE, a nickle CB, etc. So, Who knows what we really have.

On offense, your coaches won't have much film to work with. With Flowers last year, the offense was a different beast. It was probably completely unpredictable. Flowers could looks like Joe Montana at times with his arm, and, at other times, he could look like a D2 QB... but, he could ALWAYS pick up tough yards with his legs and always had the Montana moments when the game was on the line. Now with Barnett, we're going to rely more on RBs for rushing yards and accurate passing to athletic WRs. Gilbert can scheme more this year.. to bring this back to Miami, I don't think Richt can scheme for Rosier because he is so hot and cold. Watching that game, they were reluctant to let him pass in the middle of the field between 5-25 yards... that severely limits the offense (and Rosier is not going to kill you with his legs). I feel like Richt has to see how things are going and try to adjust to his QB's play rather than trusting in any consistency and building around it.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I don't think it's going out on a limb to say Barnett > Rosier. They lost the left side of the OL to the NFL and that's tough to overcome. When you're gashing people on the ground at a rate of 5 ypc with their home run hitters, it hides a lot of your QB's flaws.

Edited by George Jenkins