• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I just have this feeling about this offense....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Herman Edwards NY Jets - "Overall Edwards' tenure as head coach of the Jets was marred by chronic clock management problems, an ultra-conservative "Play not to Lose" mentality and a lack of any discernable defensive strategy philosophy, despite Edwards' supposed expertise in the cover 2 defense." Copied from Wikipedia.

Herman Edwards Kansas City Chiefs - Edwards continued his string of opening day losses however, at Kansas City his teams suffered from a litany of injuries and Ownership mismanagement. He did however have continued clock management issues and questionable play calling and his defenses suffered.

In all, I think he gets a bad rap however, some of it is warranted. 

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, USF Bulls Football said:

IE- poor mans Lovie Smith

How is he compared to Lovie Smith who took his teams to the playoffs, a super bowl and actually had a winning record? He is a soft spoken dude, Edwards is a energetic dude. Not sure how he can be a poor man's Lovie Smith. They only have 1 thing in common. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

How about nfl coaches who were ultimately fired for poor performance and then hired by mid-tier colleges as a reach/panic hire. He’s a poor mans Lovie Smith for all the above reasons mentioned. I think Herm Edwards will make Lovie look successful when it’s all said and done.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

On 8/19/2018 at 6:56 PM, USFBULL_08 said:

Well you got Herm coming in and you know its most likely gonna be a **** show. Honestly, does anyone think Herm is going to do well at ASU?

Nope...a real head scratcher.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

On 8/19/2018 at 7:13 PM, Calibull said:

Woulard was never in the same class as this guy. This guy has always been able to play.  He just was one of those guys who made a couple of bad decisions.  He's a legitimate pro prospect and will likely be our highest drafted QB... could be player...

The Arizona situation, the coach that brought him there got fired and Herm Edwards came in and said off the first day, the competition was for backup.   So he left because he was not being given the opportunity to compete for starter under the new staff.  Edwards likely contacted Strong which is how that entire recruitment thing went.  He actually did win the job at Alabama and started the first game.  He lost the job to Hurts but the kid was also playing with lacerated intestines.  I saw the kid in high school and thought he was the best QB prospect I'd ever seen in person.  So when comparing this kid to Woulard.... nah... two completely different animals and circumstances matter in this situation.  This guy is one of the best players we've ever gotten on campus.  I mean the fact Strong won't name a starter me be something new to us, but it's how this guy works.  Barnett is a stud and is likely going to be the starter.  You'll see how good he is... this guy is an amazing football player.  I don't go fanboy over individual players like this often.  This guy is really good.  I can' t wait to see him play.  

Slow it down, Cali...you're whipping up my hopes 🙂  Hope you're right...I know you've been a close follower of the program, so I trust your judgment.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  52
  • Days Won:  0

All I want is for Blake Barnett to be the second coming of Peyton Manning, but with more mobility...Is that so much to ask?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, Bobby said:

All I want is for Blake Barnett to be the second coming of Peyton Manning, but with more mobility...Is that so much to ask?

That sounds like a reasonable expectation.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Bobby said:

54 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

That sounds like a reasonable expectation.

What did Manning win in college?