• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I just have this feeling about this offense....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I'm not sold on any of our QBs. Either we're loaded at QB or we just have 3 "guys" but not a difference maker. I'm leaning towards 3 guys considering none of them have stepped up and grabbed the job by the throat. If the brought in BB because they weren't happy with the position after the spring, and he hasn't separated himself from Kean and Oladokun and Strong still unhappy after today's scrimmage that doesn't instill confidence.... 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I think you guys are putting way too much faith in a guy who didn't watch any film on players he inherited on this team coming from his last job where the whole staff was fired.  Q will be missed even considering his inconsistencies.  Debby Downer but I hope he proves me wrong there is too much talent for our offense to be getting whipped by our D for 2 scrimmages now.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

I think you guys are putting way too much faith in a guy who didn't watch any film on players he inherited on this team coming from his last job where the whole staff was fired.  Q will be missed even considering his inconsistencies.  Debby Downer but I hope he proves me wrong there is too much talent for our offense to be getting whipped by our D for 2 scrimmages now.

Unless maybe our defense which Strong is known for is ŕeally good this year. 

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

So Barnett had 3 scoring drives, McCloud had 2, and yet the defense won the day.

Is it safe to assume Oladokun and Kean did nothing today? 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, TBBull717 said:

So Barnett had 3 scoring drives, McCloud had 2, and yet the defense won the day.

Blake is going to be the starter 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I am definitely ok with the defense carrying the team.  I feel like it can bring us the championship too.  But half the plays pounding rock between the tackles at USF or any AAC school besides Navy needs to stop.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, TBBull717 said:

That's my read.  I don't get what everyone is so down about, Strong is challenging his team.  I mean everyone is seems upset or something... or thinks something is wrong with the offense.  It's one scrimmage, in terms of the QB play Strong has likely suspected that Barnett was going to be the guy when he went and recruited him.  People think something is wrong because he's likely winning the job but it's nothing wrong with it... the guy is immensely talented and completely healthy.  You're worried about a guy who won the starting job at Alabama even though he had literal cuts in his intestines.  Arizona was just a fiasco because the entire staff got fired and Herm announced the competition will be for the #2 position.  We literally got lucky this guy made a bad decision in going to ASU because he's one of the best football players we've ever had at our school.  He is our first NFL talent at QB... BJ got drafted but come on...  

Nothing wrong with Kean and O... they're good for what we normally get but Blake Barnett is a completely different animal.  We never get the good toys like this.  We're going to win the conference.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

I want to know if we can still run it up the middle.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

That's my read.  I don't get what everyone is so down about, Strong is challenging his team.  I mean everyone is seems upset or something... or thinks something is wrong with the offense.  It's one scrimmage, in terms of the QB play Strong has likely suspected that Barnett was going to be the guy when he went and recruited him.  People think something is wrong because he's likely winning the job but it's nothing wrong with it... the guy is immensely talented and completely healthy.  You're worried about a guy who won the starting job at Alabama even though he had literal cuts in his intestines.  Arizona was just a fiasco because the entire staff got fired and Herm announced the competition will be for the #2 position.  We literally got lucky this guy made a bad decision in going to ASU because he's one of the best football players we've ever had at our school.  He is our first NFL talent at QB... BJ got drafted but come on...  

Nothing wrong with Kean and O... they're good for what we normally get but Blake Barnett is a completely different animal.  We never get the good toys like this.  We're going to win the conference.  

Hope that some upperclassmen step up and fill the leadership void this year and maybe thats what Charlie is trying to do here? Not sure where that will come from on offense. 

Seems like he is happy with the talent and depth on both sides of the ball, but is being hard on the team to compensate for the loss of experience from this past senior class graduating. 

Think its too early to make calls on conference championships until we see how this team responds to adversity without the leadership of guys like Flowers, Auggie, Hector..etc. 

I agree with your take on BB though - think he got a raw deal at Bama (the depth in talent there means that even really good players might see the bench - just ask Jalen Hurts...) and ASU looks like a bad situation with the coaching hire they just made. Who knows? Maybe he crushes it at the G5 level.