• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I just have this feeling about this offense....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

52 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

What did Manning win in college?

He won a conference championship which I suspect everyone on this board would take in a heartbeat...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

He won a conference championship which I suspect everyone on this board would take in a heartbeat...

I thought they won the year after he left. My bad.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

34 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I thought they won the year after he left. My bad.

That was the National Championship. That means we'd have to wait until 2020 to win ours. Unacceptable. UCF already has theirs. 

• Haha 1

Guest PCBull14
On 8/17/2018 at 1:57 PM, feardabull said:

I'll take it a step further and say this offense was somewhat handcuffed by flowers' inconsistent passing ability.  Dont get me wrong, he is arguably the GOAT, and the best athlete to play here. But a lot of plays were left on the field due to the spotty play.  Luckily his athleticism and improvisation more than made up for it.  Let's see how this offense looks with a much more polished quarterback.

its called find what hes good at and do that. #whatCWT did. That's why he now coaches FSU. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

15 hours ago, USF Bulls Football said:

How about nfl coaches who were ultimately fired for poor performance and then hired by mid-tier colleges as a reach/panic hire. He’s a poor mans Lovie Smith for all the above reasons mentioned. I think Herm Edwards will make Lovie look successful when it’s all said and done.

I just think they are 2 different types of coaches and careers. They both simplt had bad teams with players the owners chose. But I think Herm Edwards will make everybody eat their words when he finds success.(Remember this post) Lovie needs more time, but the Illini have always sucked so if he cam get them back 2 the level Ron Zook had them then thats a win 4 him. I dont think they will make the same mistake. Hearm Edwards has a good established QB and a great staff. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I just think they are 2 different types of coaches and careers. They both simplt had bad teams with players the owners chose. But I think Herm Edwards will make everybody eat their words when he finds success.(Remember this post) Lovie needs more time, but the Illini have always sucked so if he cam get them back 2 the level Ron Zook had them then thats a win 4 him. I dont think they will make the same mistake. Hearm Edwards has a good established QB and a great staff. 

I think they will both be unemployed between 2/3 years. 

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think they will both be unemployed between 2/3 years. 

We shall see. Just remember this post and that I said they will be successful. Many said the same thing about Taggart when he first got here and look at where he is at now. As much as we hate Skip Holtz, he has been doing pretty well at LA Tech. sometimes people just aren't made for a particular situation. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

18 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Many said the same thing about Taggart when he first got here and look at where he is at now. 

Really?  There were probably some skeptical of the hire, there always are, and after Taggart's first game here, many wanted to run him out on a rail, but Taggart was a good hire on paper; he had already turned around WKU which was one of the worst programs in D1 football when he got there.  

Just because Taggart's doing well doesn't mean Herm will.  Taggart was in his early-to-mid 30's when he took the WKU job, and both men you're defending are in their 50's.  And I think it's laughable you think Lovie will turn it around at Illinois.  He's done.  

Edited by GaUSFBull

7 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Really?  There were probably some skeptical of the hire, there always are, and after Taggart's first game here, many wanted to run him out on a rail, but Taggart was a good hire on paper; he had already turned around WKU which was one of the worst programs in D1 football when he got there.  

Just because Taggart's doing well doesn't mean Herm will.  Taggart was in his early-to-mid 30's when he took the WKU job, and both men you're defending are in their 50's.  And I think it's laughable you think Lovie will turn it around at Illinois.  He's done.  

Herm has waaaaaaay more experience in football than Taggart, He was an NFL player, Assistant coach in college, coach two teams in the NFL and has been an analyst since then. When you are an analyst you "analyze" the game. I am sure he has studied everything he did wrong, worked with other great minds in the game of football and has been doing nothing but STUDYING the game since his coaching days. That is what an NFL analyst gets paid to do. I'm trying to understand how Lovie and Herm being in their 50s is a weakness?   That means they have 10-15 MORE years of EXPERIENCE than Taggart, including NFL experience which they can use as a recruiting tool. They have coached some very bad teams in which they did not choose the players. Now they are in a situation where they choose the players and coach them up. I think its much easier to go from coaching the NFL to college than from college to the NFL. They aren't coaching a bunch of grown men who make more money than they do. Now they have young kids who are trying to learn the game so that they can be successful and go to the NFL. These kids have to great father figure coaches with NFL experience, including one coach who actually took a team the the SUPERBOWL. I refuse 2 believe that they are not qualified or going to fail. All we can do is see where they are 2-3 years from now and you shall remember this post when they have success 😎 Lovie had a crappy team at Tampa Bay, no coach could of turned that team around. Tampa Bay hasn't been good since the Warren Sapp days. Been a dumpster fire since then and they still suck now. Don't forget that Lovie took the bears to the superbowl with Rex Grossman as the QB...yes...Rex Grossman lol

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Man, you need to work on making your posts readable.  Splitting up your post into several paragraphs would do wonders for me to give your post any attention at all.

Anyway, if you do end up right, feel free to brag all you want.  Poop will remain inside of me and not be given.  

Edited by GaUSFBull