• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I just have this feeling about this offense....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Just now, USFBULL_08 said:

At ASU, I took it as the coach was on the hot seat and went with who he could trust. I'm not certain, but I do not think he got a fair shot and that is why he left.

Hope so...hope we stole this guy.  Seems all 3 QBs are cool with competing,  and in this sport, you're always one hit away from being "next up",  so always good to be ready.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, JupiterBull said:

Hope so...hope we stole this guy.  Seems all 3 QBs are cool with competing,  and in this sport, you're always one hit away from being "next up",  so always good to be ready.

Well you got Herm coming in and you know its most likely gonna be a **** show. Honestly, does anyone think Herm is going to do well at ASU?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Improve that defense and special teams!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, JupiterBull said:

Obviously...but maybe you're new here & didn't know that we brought it 4 star Woulard at QB, and he never played a down.

I have to ASSUME he eventually starts, but I would not bet anything significant that he trots out first v Elon.

Woulard was never in the same class as this guy. This guy has always been able to play.  He just was one of those guys who made a couple of bad decisions.  He's a legitimate pro prospect and will likely be our highest drafted QB... could be player...

The Arizona situation, the coach that brought him there got fired and Herm Edwards came in and said off the first day, the competition was for backup.   So he left because he was not being given the opportunity to compete for starter under the new staff.  Edwards likely contacted Strong which is how that entire recruitment thing went.  He actually did win the job at Alabama and started the first game.  He lost the job to Hurts but the kid was also playing with lacerated intestines.  I saw the kid in high school and thought he was the best QB prospect I'd ever seen in person.  So when comparing this kid to Woulard.... nah... two completely different animals and circumstances matter in this situation.  This guy is one of the best players we've ever gotten on campus.  I mean the fact Strong won't name a starter me be something new to us, but it's how this guy works.  Barnett is a stud and is likely going to be the starter.  You'll see how good he is... this guy is an amazing football player.  I don't go fanboy over individual players like this often.  This guy is really good.  I can' t wait to see him play.  

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Well you got Herm coming in and you know its most likely gonna be a **** show. Honestly, does anyone think Herm is going to do well at ASU?

This!  Herm is a walking crap show... his circus always ends crashing and burning.

23 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Woulard was never in the same class as this guy. This guy has always been able to play.  He just was one of those guys who made a couple of bad decisions.  He's a legitimate pro prospect and will likely be our highest drafted QB... could be player...

The Arizona situation, the coach that brought him there got fired and Herm Edwards came in and said off the first day, the competition was for backup.   So he left because he was not being given the opportunity to compete for starter under the new staff.  Edwards likely contacted Strong which is how that entire recruitment thing went.  He actually did win the job at Alabama and started the first game.  He lost the job to Hurts but the kid was also playing with lacerated intestines.  I saw the kid in high school and thought he was the best QB prospect I'd ever seen in person.  So when comparing this kid to Woulard.... nah... two completely different animals and circumstances matter in this situation.  This guy is one of the best players we've ever gotten on campus.  I mean the fact Strong won't name a starter may be something new to us, but it's how this guy works.  Barnett is a stud and is likely going to be the starter.  You'll see how good he is... this guy is an amazing football player.  I don't go fanboy over individual players like this often.  This guy is really good.  I can' t wait to see him play.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 hours ago, Calibull said:

The Arizona situation, the coach that brought him there got fired and Herm Edwards came in and said off the first day, the competition was for backup.   So he left because he was not being given the opportunity to compete for starter under the new staff.  Edwards likely contacted Strong which is how that entire recruitment thing went.  He actually did win the job at Alabama and started the first game.  He lost the job to Hurts but the kid was also playing with lacerated intestines.  I saw the kid in high school and thought he was the best QB prospect I'd ever seen in person.  So when comparing this kid to Woulard.... nah... two completely different animals and circumstances matter in this situation.  This guy is one of the best players we've ever gotten on campus.  I mean the fact Strong won't name a starter me be something new to us, but it's how this guy works.  Barnett is a stud and is likely going to be the starter.  You'll see how good he is... this guy is an amazing football player.  I don't go fanboy over individual players like this often.  This guy is really good.  I can' t wait to see him play.  

Interesting...I would not have guessed that Herm and Charlie are tight. Good contacts are a must in the football world. 

5 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

The only reason he got the job is that ASU’s new AD hired Herm in the professional ranks back in the day. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

17 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I think so. He played in the NFL, Coached in the NFL, and served as an analyst the rest of the time. He also worked with many recruits during the past 10 years. Not sure why he gets so much doubt about his abilities. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think so. He played in the NFL, Coached in the NFL, and served as an analyst the rest of the time. He also worked with many recruits during the past 10 years. Not sure why he gets so much doubt about his abilities. 

Yet...he was never successful. Plenty have done what you just described. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yet...he was never successful. Plenty have done what you just described. 

Exactly! Im just saying that the man is qualified and nothing from his past warrants the vile criticism he gets. He didnt get to choose the players he coached.....he does now, which makes a huge difference.