• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I just have this feeling about this offense....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

18 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I get how they classify teams. I also understand that there are exceptions to every rule but generally the top level of high school football is played in the top classification.

again I get they played in florida and california. here is a list of states that produce most football blue chippers. Ohio is #5. If you look at it as a % of population Ohio wold rank ahead of California.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2016/6/28/12040586/rankings-state-stars-florida-texas-california

The guy played legit competition and put up better numbers than both the other two. again I have no idea who will start or who is better but the numbers say that kean is as worthy as the other two.

I don't believe percentage of population is relevant here. The best teams in the country play in California year in and year out. just go look at the Max preps rankings every year. 

In my experience the best football doesn't always come from the top classification, each classification has their fair share of top teams and dog teams, which is why some states are looking to add open division to help make things fair (see high school sports club)

Again the numbers aren't relevant unless they are playing in at least the same state and even then its a shaky metric. The only thing you can go on is individual tape and BB had much better tape than either Bk and CO, which is evident by his 5 star rating and their 3 star ratings. 

But none of that is relevant once a player has a year of CFB under their belt. After that is about how far they have progressed. which is relatively unknown for all involved.  

Basically my point is that its a crap shoot but if you are going to look at HS, BB has to get the edge. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

5 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I don't believe percentage of population is relevant here. The best teams in the country play in California year in and year out. just go look at the Max preps rankings every year. 

In my experience the best football doesn't always come from the top classification, each classification has their fair share of top teams and dog teams, which is why some states are looking to add open division to help make things fair (see high school sports club)

Again the numbers aren't relevant unless they are playing in at least the same state and even then its a shaky metric. The only thing you can go on is individual tape and BB had much better tape than either Bk and CO, which is evident by his 5 star rating and their 3 star ratings. 

But none of that is relevant once a player has a year of CFB under their belt. After that is about how far they have progressed. which is relatively unknown for all involved.  

If you're trying to accurately compare you probably need to look at the state's high school football participation numbers (adults aren't playing high school football so total population is irrelevant) and how many kids sign D1 LOIs.  I used to do this every year and Florida would always be in front of TX, CA, and Ohio.  California usually has double the amount of players Florida and Ohio does and Florida usually sends just as many kids d-1.  Florida is by far more competitive per team.   

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, Bull94 said:

I get how they classify teams. I also understand that there are exceptions to every rule but generally the top level of high school football is played in the top classification.

again I get they played in florida and california. here is a list of states that produce most football blue chippers. Ohio is #5. If you look at it as a % of population Ohio wold rank ahead of California.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2016/6/28/12040586/rankings-state-stars-florida-texas-california

The guy played legit competition and put up better numbers than both the other two. again I have no idea who will start or who is better but the numbers say that kean is as worthy as the other two.

Who is this 94 guy?  You are much more restrained lately.  Kudos.