• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I just have this feeling about this offense....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

actually stats are facts. they are not opinion. and what they did in high school is why they were recruited to play where there are in college. they are very relevant.

I was just pointing out to Ocala Bull that there is more than meets the eye and to not be surprised if kean wins the job.

Stats are facts, and you used them to form your opinion, which is okay.  I'm just stating that @OcalaBull2, stated his opinion as an opinion and you jumped on him for it.

Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if any of the three are named the starter.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

Stats are facts, and you used them to form your opinion, which is okay.  I'm just stating that @OcalaBull2, stated his opinion as an opinion and you jumped on him for it.

Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if any of the three are named the starter.

sorry if it sounded like I jumped on him. just didn't want him to write Kean off. I didn't use the facts to form an opinion. I have no idea who will start. Just used the facts to show he put up better numbers than CO in high school. Heck he put up better numbers than Barnett in high school too.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

High School stats have more to do with who's on the other side of the ball. Need to research that to make those numbers relevant. Good luck. 

I cant get the image of Kean throwing to center field with no one but the safety who lined up there to catch it against Temple. That's also not relevant but first impressions stick and it was an awful decision. Just an image I can't shake.

3 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

High School stats have more to do with who's on the other side of the ball. Need to research that to make those numbers relevant. Good luck. 

I cant get the image of Kean throwing to center field with no one but the safety who lined up there to catch it against Temple. That's also not relevant but first impressions stick and it was an awful decision. Just an image I can't shake.

so a throw in his freshman year where he enters the game cold in the 4th quarter when we were on our 1 yard line with a 3rd and 23 down by 7 with 3 minutes left.... Kid was trying to make an almost impossible play. The game was over if we didn't get a first down there.

High school stats are relevant. kid played at one of the highest levels in the state of ohio for two years as a starter. won a state championship and led his team to a top 10 ranking in the country.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

sorry if it sounded like I jumped on him. just didn't want him to write Kean off. I didn't use the facts to form an opinion. I have no idea who will start. Just used the facts to show he put up better numbers than CO in high school. Heck he put up better numbers than Barnett in high school too.

You’re good.  I was just going off of the impressions I got from seeing the QB’s. In the end winning is what matters most (at least according to Ohio State). But really, this is all irrelevant once game one comes around. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

While I understand that’s a first impression, check out the throw he made against SC in the bowl game on the fake XP. Rolling to his right, fit it between two defenders. On the temple play, it was also said that the WR ran the wrong route. So there’s that

34 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

so a throw in his freshman year where he enters the game cold in the 4th quarter when we were on our 1 yard line with a 3rd and 23 down by 7 with 3 minutes left.... Kid was trying to make an almost impossible play. The game was over if we didn't get a first down there.

High school stats are relevant. kid played at one of the highest levels in the state of ohio for two years as a starter. won a state championship and led his team to a top 10 ranking in the country.

16 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

While I understand that’s a first impression, check out the throw he made against SC in the bowl game on the fake XP. Rolling to his right, fit it between two defenders. On the temple play, it was also said that the WR ran the wrong route. So there’s that

It was a post or supposed, that's not a timing route, If no one is there, don't throw the ball. That's pretty basic at the HS level.Also, the XP team aren't the guys you see on D  Again I said its not relevant now but It was so bad that I can't shake it. 

Bold- You have no idea how good the defenses were in comparison to BB and CO. It's apples and oranges

Edited by BrassBulls12

17 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

It was a post or supposed, that,s not a timing route, If no one is there, don't throw the ball. That's pretty basic at the HS level.  Again I said its not relevant now but It was so bad that I can't shake it. 

Bold- You have no idea how good the defenses were in comparison to BB and CO. 

it was 3rd and 23 from the 1 yard line with 3 minutes left in the game and down by 7. he had just entered the game in his freshman year.

You're right I don't know how good the competition was against those other two but Kean played at the highest division in the state of ohio (arguably a top 5 state for high school football). it's not like he played in a catholic church league in alaska 6 on 6 football. he won a state title and led them to a top 10 finish in the country.

Edited by Bull94

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

it was 3rd and 23 from the 1 yard line with 3 minutes left in the game and down by 7. he had just entered the game in his freshman year.

I can understand someone giving him a pass based on that, but for me that's still not an excuse to just flip the ball up in the air off your back foot when there isn't a pass rusher within five yards of you. I'm not saying that this should be a universal opinion, its just a personal thing for me. 

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

You're right I don't know how good the competition was against those other two but Kean played at the highest division in the state of ohio (arguably a top 5 state for high school football). it's not like he played in a catholic church league in alaska 6 on 6 football. he won a state title and led them to a top 10 finish in the country.

Are you basing this on classification? Bcause that's based on school enrollment, not talent level. Some of the best teams in FL play in 2A. and American Heritage plays in 5A instead of the top level. 

Bold- BB and CO played in FL and CA, those along with TX are pretty universally accepted as the the top three football states. 

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I can understand someone giving him a pass based on that, but for me that's still not an excuse to just flip the ball up in the air off your back foot when there isn't a pass rusher within five yards of you. I'm not saying that this should be a universal opinion, its just a personal thing for me. 

Are you basing this on classification? Bcause that's based on school enrollment, not talent level. Some of the best teams in FL play in 2A. and American Heritage plays in 5A instead of the top level. 

Bold- BB and CO played in FL and CA, those along with TX are pretty universally accepted as the the top three football states. 

I get how they classify teams. I also understand that there are exceptions to every rule but generally the top level of high school football is played in the top classification.

again I get they played in florida and california. here is a list of states that produce most football blue chippers. Ohio is #5. If you look at it as a % of population Ohio wold rank ahead of California.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2016/6/28/12040586/rankings-state-stars-florida-texas-california

The guy played legit competition and put up better numbers than both the other two. again I have no idea who will start or who is better but the numbers say that kean is as worthy as the other two.