• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The thrill is gone....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

What a BS thread. Find new people to go to games with. I’m sure many people on this board would group up to make it an enjoyable experience. I’m dating an FSU grad who also has a degree from UF, my family graduated from UF, yet I still find people to go to the games with. It’s what you make of it. We’re not the only team to play in a mediocre conference, yet there are teams who average better attendance than us in a similar situation. What about schools in FCS? Things aren’t handed to us, and it’s up to the alumni and fans to make it the best we can and hope for a better opportunity down the road. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

5 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

It's called growing up and life's priorities Jim.  Your thrills now come from different places.

Go Bulls!

I would say that's where I am now, in my 20s and early 30s would do a road game every year, but then kids came along and priorities change. STARTING a new job in Memphis next week, so look forward to seeing USF there

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

6 hours ago, puc86 said:

Have you been to the stadium in the last 8 years? He is definitely not the only one. A new football facility will effect exactly zero people’s fandom which is why it’s struggled to get traction, no one wants to get off their wallet when they don’t understand how it impacts their lives (in this case their fan experience). What you are missing is that winning was not the missing component to re-energize the fan base which is why the stadium has been an empty morgue the last two seasons and I don’t know that the general fan base will ever be excited about AAC football (actually I do know that they won’t). If we win the AAC that will excite tens of people but most people are aware the only way to win the AAC is to get out of it and moved up to the grown ups table. Is there honestly one person that would buy AAC champion swag? Does it even exist?

I guess you missed my sarcasm font at the start of the post. That said, we're in the AAC right now, so deal with it and embrace it. Not doing so doesn't help push the program forward in any way.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

The point of no return was when he said he was the most powerful man in the building. 

And as I always must opine, you know he didn't really say that, right?  It was an admitted lie, after the fact.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

I am with the group that still has season tickets (since the first year) but is not as thrilled with the current schedule because of the conference versus the Big East years. I am still excited about all the home games and go to a couple of road games a year but it is different than the thrill of the Big East years. Those West Va games were magical.

For those who complain about RayJay not being on campus it was not a problem to have 12,501 students back then. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

47 minutes ago, Brad said:

And as I always must opine, you know he didn't really say that, right?  It was an admitted lie, after the fact.

Plus blaming Woolard makes sense because he is unlikable, has a very punchable face and pretty much is universally hated by the fanbase. F him he fired CJL and he was the AD that got us left out of the BCS resuffle, he sucks.

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

49 minutes ago, SpikeBull said:

I am with the group that still has season tickets (since the first year) but is not as thrilled with the current schedule because of the conference versus the Big East years. I am still excited about all the home games and go to a couple of road games a year but it is different than the thrill of the Big East years. Those West Va games were magical.

For those who complain about RayJay not being on campus it was not a problem to have 12,501 students back then. 

Great post!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I guess you missed my sarcasm font at the start of the post. That said, we're in the AAC right now, so deal with it and embrace it. Not doing so doesn't help push the program forward in any way.

I don’t know how embracing something I loathe is somehow going to make it better, at the end of the day I will still know I’m at an AAC game and that makes me sad. I want us out at any cost, we will die on the vine if we stay pat. What happens to a raisin in the sun? I’m pretty sure at the end of the play when all of Walter’s dreams are gone and vanished he is forced to join the AAC where he then dies and never gets to have his liquor store and it’s all Woolard’s fault.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

17 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I don’t know how embracing something I loathe is somehow going to make it better, at the end of the day I will still know I’m at an AAC game and that makes me sad. I want us out at any cost, we will die on the vine if we stay pat. What happens to a raisin in the sun? I’m pretty sure at the end of the play when all of Walter’s dreams are gone and vanished he is forced to join the AAC where he then dies and never gets to have his liquor store and it’s all Woolard’s fault.

I feel you, but it wouldn't be a bad start toward something better if we dominated this bad boy for a few years, huh?

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

30 minutes ago, puc86 said:

What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up Like a raisin in the sun?... Or does it explode?

Langston Hughes

• Upvote 1