• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The thrill is gone....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

So here we are in August... weeks away from another USF football season... and for the first time ever.

I don't know if I care.

I gave up my season tickets, mostly because I started a business and all of my extra income is going there for now.

But another reason I gave up my tickets - I could not get anyone to go with me in recent years.  USF was winning.  The games were, for the most part, entertaining.  No one else seemed to care.

And with the way last year ended... with my expectations dashed... USF basically lost me.

I didn't look at our recruits at signing day.  I didn't look at depth charts or spring practice reports.  I didn't go to the Spring game.  I don't know who will be our starting QB or RB or WRs.  I don't know if we even have a PK worth anything.

I mean, what is there to be excited about any more?  

USF is gonna USF and go something like 8-4 and get invited to the "who the hell really cares about it" bowl game against podunk state.

Maybe I'm just missing something.... but for the first time ever, I don't think I will be at opening day.  I probably won't bake in the sun for Ga Tech.  I'm not even thrilled about beating UCF... if we could.

Am I the only one who feels this way?  

-------------------

(Yes, I am cross posting this.)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

• Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,454

I still care and have Season Tixs this year, but honestly I do not care as much as I use to. The outcome of the season will be the same as always. We will get some hope of a title, and then fail to capitalize.

I agree 8-4 and Birmingham or St. Pete.

The AAC will be the death of us.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,286
  • Days Won:  10

I care and know that we will get out of the conference so I am excited about the future.

• Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,454

9 minutes ago, Rizman said:

I care and know that we will get out of the conference so I am excited about the future.

I'm glad you have faith we will get out. I'm not so sure.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

I wish I could say I didn’t know what you are talking about but mine has been a slower burn and isn’t quite as fizzled out. For me the firing of CJL was the beginning of the end; then followed: the end of the CSH years, the start of the CWT years, the falling apart of the Big East, the garbage pile that is the AAC, the going backwards to a rivalry with UCF, the empty stadium that feels like a morgue, less gear available and fewer people wearing it, CWT moving onto Oregon, the disappointment that was last season, etc but still we march on but with noticeably less pep in our step. If it’s AAC for life I don’t know how long I force myself to care,  I know some fans are better than me and think being the best of the worst is just dandy but it’s just not for me. We need to break our Stockholm syndrome and find any way out of this 💩 hole we find ourselves in, yes I know we haven’t won it and yes I still do not care at all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rizman said:

God do we need this to be true, sadly I doubt it’s that certain.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

The Big East days were fun because we had some good conference mates with at least 1 in contention for the BCS championship game most years. Now, OOC P5 games are only ones that I look forward to. I couldn’t care less about the conference games, including UCF.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Yes, you're the only one.

I"m FIRED UP for a new season! New Saturdays! New - and old - Bulls!

Honestly, my fandom has gone through periods of ups and downs, too, just like the program has, but now is time to get on board and ride. We continue to have a talented roster and the recruiting looks like it will keep it that way for the immediate future. We're going to get a new football facility built in the not-too-distant future.

Stay with us, bro!

Have you been to the stadium in the last 8 years? He is definitely not the only one. A new football facility will effect exactly zero people’s fandom which is why it’s struggled to get traction, no one wants to get off their wallet when they don’t understand how it impacts their lives (in this case their fan experience). What you are missing is that winning was not the missing component to re-energize the fan base which is why the stadium has been an empty morgue the last two seasons and I don’t know that the general fan base will ever be excited about AAC football (actually I do know that they won’t). If we win the AAC that will excite tens of people but most people are aware the only way to win the AAC is to get out of it and moved up to the grown ups table. Is there honestly one person that would buy AAC champion swag? Does it even exist?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1