• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The thrill is gone....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

You mean we used to fill up the stadium to play ranked teams?  I can't imagine why we only put 12K in RJS to see Tulsa 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

You mean we used to fill up the stadium to play ranked teams?  I can't imagine why we only put 12K in RJS to see Tulsa 

captain-obvious.jpg?w=468

4 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

That's part of the problem, one shouldn't be there to see Tulsa.  One should be there to see USF.

Then USF isn't doing a very good job of making people want to see them.  

If Michigan played in the aac, there wouldn't be 100K strong at their games.

Edited by chapelbull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

People want the big name schools. We forget that CJL wasn't getting Auburn year one. It took several years to pick up those teams and most of the time it was supposed to be their walk over out of conference game for them. That said Out of conference contracts are usually done years in advance. For example the deal we just got with Florida that starts in 4 years. 4-5 years ago CWT was still bringing us out of the Skip Holtz years and bulding up our team. We are moving forward. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

25 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I miss those days in the Big East playing a ranked team on a Saturday night with a rocking stadium crowd.  I'll never forget those West Virginia games.  The energy was electric.  I guess I'm always comparing now to then and it's disappointing that we've regressed so much as a fan base.  I was soured on college football when the Big East teams went their separate ways and it began the conferences of haves and have-nots.  

“The WVA Game (2007)” was on a Friday night as was the 2009 game.

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

24 minutes ago, Nick Carroll said:

So what is your fix? Do you prefer to sit out the seasons until they are in a conference you like? Could we do better? Yes and we will. I am not disillusioned to believe we are on the verge of a title shot but you work on the house you have until you can sell it and get a better one. You don't sit there poking holes in the walls waiting for a new house to show up. 

I prefer to go to the games and then complain about things not being as good as they used to be on here; I find it cathartic.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Your point is well taken if this is a general one.  Specifically, I found it unconscionable that more did not show up to at least pay their respects to the Seniors.  Those guys came to play at USF at a time when USF was really down. They left winners. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, puc86 said:

I prefer to go to the games and then complain about things not being as good as they used to be on here; I find it cathartic.

As long as you are going. Sometimes we have to vent. In the dark years my wife would not allow me to wear a hat while watching on the TV because I would constantly throw the hat at the TV. 

1 minute ago, Mission9 said:

Your point is well taken if this is a general one.  Specifically, I found it unconscionable that more did not show up to at least pay their respects to the Seniors.  Those guys came to play at USF at a time when USF was really down. They left winners. 

There were over 40K there for the alumni game against a crappy Cincy team.