• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The thrill is gone....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

16 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I feel you, but it wouldn't be a bad start toward something better if we dominated this bad boy for a few years, huh?

I view AAC domination with polite indifference as I feel the only reason we are actually losing is because we are competing in the AAC. I cheer for us to win ever game and if we do so I guess an unpleasant reality is we would win the AAC but I do not cheer for that idea as it makes me feel shame.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I view AAC domination with polite indifference as I feel the only reason we are actually losing is because we are competing in the AAC. I cheer for us to win ever game and if we do so I guess an unpleasant reality is we would win the AAC but I do not cheer for that idea as it makes me feel shame.  

We need to be dominant if we want a seat at the top. I don’t think potential alone is enough anymore. It’s time we do something or get out of the way. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

10 hours ago, JimUSFSig said:

So here we are in August... weeks away from another USF football season... and for the first time ever.

I don't know if I care.

I gave up my season tickets, mostly because I started a business and all of my extra income is going there for now.

But another reason I gave up my tickets - I could not get anyone to go with me in recent years.  USF was winning.  The games were, for the most part, entertaining.  No one else seemed to care.

And with the way last year ended... with my expectations dashed... USF basically lost me.

I didn't look at our recruits at signing day.  I didn't look at depth charts or spring practice reports.  I didn't go to the Spring game.  I don't know who will be our starting QB or RB or WRs.  I don't know if we even have a PK worth anything.

I mean, what is there to be excited about any more?  

USF is gonna USF and go something like 8-4 and get invited to the "who the hell really cares about it" bowl game against podunk state.

Maybe I'm just missing something.... but for the first time ever, I don't think I will be at opening day.  I probably won't bake in the sun for Ga Tech.  I'm not even thrilled about beating UCF... if we could.

Am I the only one who feels this way?  

-------------------

(Yes, I am cross posting this.)

I'm just waiting to see Blake Barnett... I think he's the best QB we've ever had. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Calibull said:

I'm just waiting to see Blake Barnett... I think he's the best QB we've ever had. 

He’s Floyd until the lights come on, at least to me

• Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Just now, Roaming Bull said:

He’s Floyd until the lights come on, at least to me

He's been on the field when the lights have been on... he can play.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

19 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

We need to be dominant if we want a seat at the top. I don’t think potential alone is enough anymore. It’s time we do something or get out of the way. 

Conference redistribution is not a meritocracy, if it were many people would be relegated to the lower levels and Boise would be in. We deserve to be in because we are one of only three left out, our market is better than many in and everyone left out, we have a huge base, we are in a huge state that only has 3 P5 teams Texas 5, we are preeminent and the only other 2 schools with that in Florida are P5, our academics is rising and so is our endowment and in the grand scheme of the reshuffle all these things has mattered and never once has anyone cared who won the AAC because no one knows who is in it and who has won it and money, eyeballs and prestige are the only three things that have been driving this train.  

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  291
  • Days Won:  0

You guys want excited and energetic ? Probably shouldn’t sit in the 113-115 areas... you get told to sit down regularly. It’s a football game if u want to sit the whole game watch it on TV. Anyone that wants to is more than welcome to sit in our group in the student section. There’s always a party there and we have a good time regardless of th opponent. I’m more excited this year than most. It’s a nobody knows situation with the whole conference so I’m ready to see how it all plays out . 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,678
  • Days Won:  108

11 hours ago, Brad said:

And as I always must opine, you know he didn't really say that, right?  It was an admitted lie, after the fact.

But if certain people believed he said it at the time................

11 hours ago, puc86 said:

Plus blaming Woolard makes sense because he is unlikable, has a very punchable face and pretty much is universally hated by the fanbase. F him he fired CJL and he was the AD that got us left out of the BCS resuffle, he sucks.

The fans hated him so much that he's still hanging out and vacationing with some our biggest donors.  He and his wife are lovely people AND he drinks bourbon.

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

Conference redistribution is not a meritocracy, if it were many people would be relegated to the lower levels and Boise would be in. We deserve to be in because we are one of only three left out, our market is better than many in and everyone left out, we have a huge base, we are in a huge state that only has 3 P5 teams Texas 5, we are preeminent and the only other 2 schools with that in Florida are P5, our academics is rising and so is our endowment and in the grand scheme of the reshuffle all these things has mattered and never once has anyone cared who won the AAC because no one knows who is in it and who has won it and money, eyeballs and prestige are the only three things that have been driving this train.  

Explain this one to me.  If the powers that make the decisions thought we deserved to be in, wouldn't we be in?  I know I shouldn't get in the way of the runaway train that is puc86 but you need to come up for a breath once and a while.  Lack of oxygen is not a good thing.  😁

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Upvote 1