• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The thrill is gone....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Really - this thread only provides ammunition to those who talk **** about our fan base being spoiled and such.  Quitting on your school because we are not in a P5, getting rid of season tickets if we ever build a aluminum stadium, etc. in my opinion it is great to get rid in fans like this because they were never all in to begin with.  I get different stages of life and priorities, but this extends way beyond that.  Time to build that OCS and build our fan base from the ground up.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,375
  • Days Won:  10

I understand the frustration and disappointment expressed by some of the posters.  I think that in their frustration, they perhaps have overstated their case and will embrace the program as they once did - when we were winning, and knocking down giants unexpectedly.  That's all that's missing - winning.  We have had lousy scheduling for a while and even when we win, it is no big deal.  Want it to be like 2007-08?  We have to win like then against big programs.  I think we have the team and the coach.  Not the schedule.  Remember that the sell  outs and excitement came not from winning a BE championship.  It was about beating big programs.  That's not our ultimate football goal, but will go a long way towards re-energizing the fan base.

I'm still psyched about a new season starting soon.  Can't wait.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 hours ago, mj796 said:

Wtf? Listen, seriously...grab this puc character and run far, far away before you infect other people with this ridiculous mindset. I hope this thread gets shut down immediately and deleted from every server on the planet. Excitement doesn't build and tickets don't become hotter commodities when people post on a public forum that they are becoming more apathetic. What this does is create a conversation where people (hence some of the follow-on posts) feel more comfortable being apathetic because some 'brave' soul had the 'courage' to publicly share their apathy. Then they are going to tell their buddy "hey man my heart's just not in it anymore" and then their heart is going to be less in it. Please, any mods...remove this negative propaganda immediately. 

Anyone remember those years of sell-out crowds for the Lightning when they were at the fairgrounds? I'm sure it was apathy from the broader bay area faithful that turned the Lightning into consistently the hottest regular season sports ticket in the city. The only way the stadium gets full is because people are interested. People are interested when other people are interested. Interest, shockingly, is contagious. So is apathy. Your energy can be used for something positive...like getting someone, anyone, everyone to join you at the game or creating a completely unnecessary thread on a public comment board about how sad you are as a USF fan. And again, take this puc clown with you.

We lost 2 games last year... and barely for both of them. Your hopes were dashed. I must be in the twilight zone! It was arguably the greatest season we have ever had! You have illusions of grandeur because 10 years ago there was super bright spot with a #2 ranking...the good ole days weren't always that magical (we once lost to Army on homecoming) and the future is a hell of a lot brighter than you think. There are going to be ups and downs, just like anything else in life. When its down, that's when you push harder. Our relationship with our alma mater is like a marriage. When you were 25, your Tri-Delt girlfriend had a tight body and perky t*ts. Now you're 40 with 3 kids...haven't had your undercarriage serviced in weeks (months) and those g-strings she used to lay around in somehow turned into white cotton Hanes. You getting out? You giving up? You stop 'buying your tickets'? Hell no. You jump in the car, hope to hell Frederick's is still open in the University Mall, grab a 6-pack of wine coolers and fall in love with the mother of your children like its homecoming all over again (not the one when we lost to Army). The last thing you do is be like this puc moron and turn to TBP to make everyone else feel like **** bc their wives also have saggy t*ts and haven't had a wax in so long it will cost you double if she ever jumps back in the stirrups. 

You need a tissue, grab a box from Publix...and get some cranberry juice and Midol for your friend puc. This ain't a site for therapy...its the fan home of the USF Bulls and if you don't want to be a part taking our team (school) to the moon then get the hell out of our way because the future is today and our destiny is real. With every single win, loss and weird new jersey, I get more proud and more determined to be a Bull. You need faith? Find a nun. You need a hug? Call your grandma. When our heads get down, our horns are in the perfect spot. You better move your ass because I'm coming for it.

Make USF Great Again! (and fk off puc!)

If you love your wife, don’t ever tell her you bought her something from University Mall.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Offseason...ugh. I understand the down times--I think if we're all honest, the lack of continuity in coaching staff, the stretch of getting "meh" talent a few years ago, and the oh-so-close-but-not-quite-CC seasons of late hurt the pride. There's also the impossibility of being able to keep your deep dives into USF football alive when things in life are heating up. I think all that's probably normal but check it!

Here's a stretch to keep it light: It's like being in a fight with the wife/girlfriend--things get a little hot and she lifts the rug, pulls out all your knucklehead moments and throws all the gory details in your face. You could say 100 things about the dumb **** she's pulled in your relationship (though in much less detail cause you're a guy) and think how good it might feel at that moment to break the door on your way out, but you 1) never, ever write any of those things down and 2) never say them out loud in front of her and/or her mom. You just run through them all in your head to keep your sanity, maybe even bend a slight smirk when you think how it might feel to open the flood gates with a little fire/brimstone, then put the cap on it and stay respectful with the one you love. Next day, you feel like a million bucks for keeping your cool, and think how awful it would have been. Same with the off-season & USF football (sorta ;))--don't write it down, don't burn that bridge if you love it and remember the days when USF was NOT a football school. This maturing university is a long-term investment, not a burn-n-turn hot stock.

Jim has had some great content in here and ponied up his support, so he's earned a vent. It can't be all rainbows (same with any team), but either it will pass and he'll come around, or he'll take a break for a while and bandwagon up again when we get the CC or get in the P5. Go Bulls, let's get this season started already!

• Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Hopefully some of the neg content in here isn't read by future recruits or players prob be a real deal killer for them. Coaches too. Last season we got our died in the wool Ohio state grad neighbors to watch a Bulls game with us on tv. Yes, I had to lure them with some good brew and shrimp but...he started watching more of the Bulls after that and reading about them. So we have them over for the big USF vs UCF game Lordy, they were up and yelling throwing the Bulls sign doing cheers...he said it was prob the most exciting game he'd ever seen. And this guy was the head of high school athletics in Ohio so....moral to this story?  Lure them in, set the hook and enjoy the landing....

Hell yes..Go Bull's! 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Hopefully some of the neg content in here isn't read by future recruits or players prob be a real deal killer for them. Coaches too. Last season we got our died in the wool Ohio state grad neighbors to watch a Bulls game with us on tv. Yes, I had to lure them with some good brew and shrimp but...he started watching more of the Bulls after that and reading about them. So we have them over for the big USF vs UCF game Lordy, they were up and yelling throwing the Bulls sign doing cheers...he said it was prob the most exciting game he'd ever seen. And this guy was the head of high school athletics in Ohio so....moral to this story?  Lure them in, set the hook and enjoy the landing....

Hell yes..Go Bull's! 

So you think there is a recruit that lives in a world where all their friends, family, classmates, coaches, opponents, media and themselves are all on board with how awesome the AAC is and how great the environment is at Ray Jay but then that recruit is like let me search deep into the internet for an off season thread on the Bullspen and then the wool will be lifted from their eyes and they will jump ship? They go to the games, they can see what’s being discussed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Try this, maybe just maybe their tickled to death to be playing division 1 college football.?  Just never know. 

Hope you get feeling better. 

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So you think there is a recruit that lives in a world where all their friends, family, classmates, coaches, opponents, media and themselves are all on board with how awesome the AAC is and how great the environment is at Ray Jay but then that recruit is like let me search deep into the internet for an off season thread on the Bullspen and then the wool will be lifted from their eyes and they will jump ship? They go to the games, they can see what’s being discussed.

With friends like this guy, who needs enemies?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

21 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Hell yes..Go Bull's! 

We've got a friend down in Sarasota area that is a Michigan State grad and loves his team.  But we've got him coming to a USF game or two every year.  Now when he's talking about "we", I've noticed that he's talking about USF.  Pretty cool.  Keep trying to get him to buy his own season tickets.  Sent a link for the $99 ones and asked him to buy just one.  Hopefully he'll do it.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

With friends like this guy, who needs enemies?

Am I wrong? I want it to be different, it’s been different before and I know it can be different again. Some think beating AAC teams is the key (but we seem to be doing that plenty) and others think playing better name brand teams and winning will make the difference I happen to be in the latter camp because I’ve seen that’s the secret sauce in the past.