• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The thrill is gone....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I say kudos to jimUSFSig, that took some ballz knowing you were gonna get heat from it. I dont disagree with you. Fan base sucks. From the students to the alumni to whoever you want to blame. I agree. This make the stadium experience less than desired.  However, life does change, priorities do change and I have no qualms with your decision nor the reason why.

The one argument I have is this idea that the AAC sucks. I vehemently disagree, i think this conference has more potential than any of the P5. Yes, its a challenge and a serious one at that, but outside of football this league competes very nicely in every other sport. So, in a sense, I'm lucky because my athletic season starts when the women soccer begins their first exhibition game and ends when the Bulls bow out of the NCAA baseball tourney. For me football is just another part of the season, no more or less important than any other part of the season. So, yes, I agree, the AAC is at a distinct disadvantage in football but as a fan, not an administrator or fund raiser, as a fan, I love the AAC, and think that it could very well be that at some point the p5 does become the p6. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

23 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

I say kudos to jimUSFSig, that took some ballz knowing you were gonna get heat from it. I dont disagree with you. Fan base sucks. From the students to the alumni to whoever you want to blame. I agree. This make the stadium experience less than desired.  However, life does change, priorities do change and I have no qualms with your decision nor the reason why.

The one argument I have is this idea that the AAC sucks. I vehemently disagree, i think this conference has more potential than any of the P5. Yes, its a challenge and a serious one at that, but outside of football this league competes very nicely in every other sport. So, in a sense, I'm lucky because my athletic season starts when the women soccer begins their first exhibition game and ends when the Bulls bow out of the NCAA baseball tourney. For me football is just another part of the season, no more or less important than any other part of the season. So, yes, I agree, the AAC is at a distinct disadvantage in football but as a fan, not an administrator or fund raiser, as a fan, I love the AAC, and think that it could very well be that at some point the p5 does become the p6. 

At what point would you say the stadium environment changed and what would you say is the most noticeable change that took place before and after that point? Of course the AAC has more potential than the P5 as they are not aspiring to become NFL teams so they have reached the pinnacle of our mountain and we are still at the bottom base camp. There is no chance ever no matter what happens that the P5 actually becomes the P6 because it is not beneficial to any of the people that have the money and the power. I am curious if you would prefer to stay in the AAC over the move to any P5 conference and what could possibly be anything that you like about this conference more than any other conference we could be in. I wish I could see your silver lining but the AAC just feels like a horrible cloud looming over our program. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

****, most of this content made me feel so crappy I went in and donated to the practice facility.....

Go Bull's!  USF is my university and I'm proud to say and feel it. 

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/3/2018 at 1:37 PM, Nick Carroll said:

First off I think you need better friends if you cannot find someone to go with.

I have a couple coworkers from Miami who have asked me if I wanted to go down there for a game, but when I ask them if they want to go to a USF game, they look at me like.....are you even being serious?? I think most college football fans look at us and the AAC as small-time football. Nobody in this conference will ever retain a half-decent coach for very long, which leaves each team in a constant state of rebuilding. Not sure my enthusiasm is where it once was, but I still have enough to never miss any games. I still have hope that the P5 will come knocking. If we do get left out of the next round of expansion though, I'm pretty sure that they will assess whether or not it's worth it to even field a team anymore..

4 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

****, most of this content made me feel so crappy I went in and donated to the practice facility.....

Go Bull's!  USF is my university and I'm proud to say and feel it. 

You are welcome.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The title of this thread reminds me of what my fourth wife said as she walked out the door... or was it my third? Anyhow, thanks for bringing back the memories Jim ;) 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

How did you bite on this and not the part about Harlan and CWT that was handpicked to bait you? 

I'm not as sharp as I used to be ...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  485
  • Days Won:  1

Wtf? Listen, seriously...grab this puc character and run far, far away before you infect other people with this ridiculous mindset. I hope this thread gets shut down immediately and deleted from every server on the planet. Excitement doesn't build and tickets don't become hotter commodities when people post on a public forum that they are becoming more apathetic. What this does is create a conversation where people (hence some of the follow-on posts) feel more comfortable being apathetic because some 'brave' soul had the 'courage' to publicly share their apathy. Then they are going to tell their buddy "hey man my heart's just not in it anymore" and then their heart is going to be less in it. Please, any mods...remove this negative propaganda immediately. 

Anyone remember those years of sell-out crowds for the Lightning when they were at the fairgrounds? I'm sure it was apathy from the broader bay area faithful that turned the Lightning into consistently the hottest regular season sports ticket in the city. The only way the stadium gets full is because people are interested. People are interested when other people are interested. Interest, shockingly, is contagious. So is apathy. Your energy can be used for something positive...like getting someone, anyone, everyone to join you at the game or creating a completely unnecessary thread on a public comment board about how sad you are as a USF fan. And again, take this puc clown with you.

We lost 2 games last year... and barely for both of them. Your hopes were dashed. I must be in the twilight zone! It was arguably the greatest season we have ever had! You have illusions of grandeur because 10 years ago there was super bright spot with a #2 ranking...the good ole days weren't always that magical (we once lost to Army on homecoming) and the future is a hell of a lot brighter than you think. There are going to be ups and downs, just like anything else in life. When its down, that's when you push harder. Our relationship with our alma mater is like a marriage. When you were 25, your Tri-Delt girlfriend had a tight body and perky t*ts. Now you're 40 with 3 kids...haven't had your undercarriage serviced in weeks (months) and those g-strings she used to lay around in somehow turned into white cotton Hanes. You getting out? You giving up? You stop 'buying your tickets'? Hell no. You jump in the car, hope to hell Frederick's is still open in the University Mall, grab a 6-pack of wine coolers and fall in love with the mother of your children like its homecoming all over again (not the one when we lost to Army). The last thing you do is be like this puc moron and turn to TBP to make everyone else feel like **** bc their wives also have saggy t*ts and haven't had a wax in so long it will cost you double if she ever jumps back in the stirrups. 

You need a tissue, grab a box from Publix...and get some cranberry juice and Midol for your friend puc. This ain't a site for therapy...its the fan home of the USF Bulls and if you don't want to be a part taking our team (school) to the moon then get the hell out of our way because the future is today and our destiny is real. With every single win, loss and weird new jersey, I get more proud and more determined to be a Bull. You need faith? Find a nun. You need a hug? Call your grandma. When our heads get down, our horns are in the perfect spot. You better move your ass because I'm coming for it.

Make USF Great Again! (and fk off puc!)

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, mj796 said:

Wtf? Listen, seriously...grab this puc character and run far, far away before you infect other people with this ridiculous mindset. I hope this thread gets shut down immediately and deleted from every server on the planet. Excitement doesn't build and tickets don't become hotter commodities when people post on a public forum that they are becoming more apathetic. What this does is create a conversation where people (hence some of the follow-on posts) feel more comfortable being apathetic because some 'brave' soul had the 'courage' to publicly share their apathy. Then they are going to tell their buddy "hey man my heart's just not in it anymore" and then their heart is going to be less in it. Please, any mods...remove this negative propaganda immediately. 

Anyone remember those years of sell-out crowds for the Lightning when they were at the fairgrounds? I'm sure it was apathy from the broader bay area faithful that turned the Lightning into consistently the hottest regular season sports ticket in the city. The only way the stadium gets full is because people are interested. People are interested when other people are interested. Interest, shockingly, is contagious. So is apathy. Your energy can be used for something positive...like getting someone, anyone, everyone to join you at the game or creating a completely unnecessary thread on a public comment board about how sad you are as a USF fan. And again, take this puc clown with you.

We lost 2 games last year... and barely for both of them. Your hopes were dashed. I must be in the twilight zone! It was arguably the greatest season we have ever had! You have illusions of grandeur because 10 years ago there was super bright spot with a #2 ranking...the good ole days weren't always that magical (we once lost to Army on homecoming) and the future is a hell of a lot brighter than you think. There are going to be ups and downs, just like anything else in life. When its down, that's when you push harder. Our relationship with our alma mater is like a marriage. When you were 25, your Tri-Delt girlfriend had a tight body and perky t*ts. Now you're 40 with 3 kids...haven't had your undercarriage serviced in weeks (months) and those g-strings she used to lay around in somehow turned into white cotton Hanes. You getting out? You giving up? You stop 'buying your tickets'? Hell no. You jump in the car, hope to hell Frederick's is still open in the University Mall, grab a 6-pack of wine coolers and fall in love with the mother of your children like its homecoming all over again (not the one when we lost to Army). The last thing you do is be like this puc moron and turn to TBP to make everyone else feel like **** bc their wives also have saggy t*ts and haven't had a wax in so long it will cost you double if she ever jumps back in the stirrups. 

You need a tissue, grab a box from Publix...and get some cranberry juice and Midol for your friend puc. This ain't a site for therapy...its the fan home of the USF Bulls and if you don't want to be a part taking our team (school) to the moon then get the hell out of our way because the future is today and our destiny is real. With every single win, loss and weird new jersey, I get more proud and more determined to be a Bull. You need faith? Find a nun. You need a hug? Call your grandma. When our heads get down, our horns are in the perfect spot. You better move your ass because I'm coming for it.

Make USF Great Again! (and fk off puc!)

So what part do you disagree with? Just that anyone would dare talk about these inconvenient truths? I too want to make USF great again but I know we negotiated bad deals ie creating the AAC and if we want to be great we need new deals with actual programs people have heard of and care about. A wine cooler and a trip to fredricks is only putting lipstick on a pig if you aren’t into your wife’s breasts and undercarriage grooming anymore you make wholesale changes and get her some plastic surgery and a trip to the laser  hair removal place. The AAC is not great and I’m not the reason the fanbase knows it and has evaporated, USF can be great but we need to get out of here as fast as we can. You can’t play with 💩and not get some on you.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,546
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

So what part do you disagree with? Just that anyone would dare talk about these inconvenient truths? I too want to make USF great again but I know we negotiated bad deals ie creating the AAC and if we want to be great we need new deals with actual programs people have heard of and care about. A wine cooler and a trip to fredricks is only putting lipstick on a pig if you aren’t into your wife’s breasts and undercarriage grooming anymore you make wholesale changes and get her some plastic surgery and a trip to the laser  hair removal place. The AAC is not great and I’m not the reason the fanbase knows it and has evaporated, USF can be great but we need to get out of here as fast as we can. You can’t play with 💩and not get some on you.

In life you play the hand life gives you the best you can. There ain't **** we can do about being in the AAC except dominate it and try 2 make a NY6 bowl game and win it. You can cry, whine and b****h about it all you want, but it will not change anything. But b4 you reply with another complaint about USF or the AAC let me pull out my 🎻

• Upvote 2