• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The thrill is gone....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,038
  • Days Won:  469

11 hours ago, Brad said:

And as I always must opine, you know he didn't really say that, right?  It was an admitted lie, after the fact.

6 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

But if certain people believed he said it at the time................

Good point.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,252
  • Days Won:  255

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Explain this one to me.  If the powers that make the decisions thought we deserved to be in, wouldn't we be in?  I know I shouldn't get in the way of the runaway train that is puc86 but you need to come up for a breath once and a while.  Lack of oxygen is not a good thing.  😁

Yes we will get in if we are deemed worthy but if we get in I believe it will have more to do with my list than AAC trophies, because literally only a few handful of people in the world care about those. *And breathe*

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Cry me a river. USF makes this being a sports fan thing seem easy. Try being a Dolphins fan.

43xaoCT.jpg&token=AQAAw61lW3jLx0D3_NsvS2

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

The fans hated him so much that he's still hanging out and vacationing with some our biggest donors.  He and his wife are lovely people AND he drinks bourbon.

I know nothing about the kind of person he is, but he was a terrible AD.  We didn’t accomplish much of anything during his time, other than our school being known for taking such a dive after having a lot of success. He did absolutely nothing to ride the momentum of the success that was established.   CJL’s stunt didn’t help football out but it was no reason to hit near rock bottom. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,252
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

The fans hated him so much that he's still hanging out and vacationing with some our biggest donors.  He and his wife are lovely people AND he drinks bourbon.

I have no doubt that he is a nice enough guy but anyone that doesn’t hate him is letting that personal connection cloud their USF judgment. When I think of his tenure I can only think of opportunities squandered and lapsed judgement and there was a reason he was paid to leave. Plus look at his face. Also our biggest donors don’t make up much of the fanbase and those that still hangout with Doug even less so he can be liked by them and still be hated by much of the fanbase.

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I have no doubt that he is a nice enough guy but anyone that doesn’t hate him is letting that personal connection cloud their USF judgment. When I think of his tenure I can only think of opportunities squandered and lapsed judgement and there was a reason he was paid to leave. Plus look at his face. Also our biggest donors don’t make up much of the fanbase and those that still hangout with Doug even less so he can be liked by them and still be hated by much of the fanbase.

😂😂

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

But they make up most of the money.  Yep, all those facilities that got built and Taggart was hired under his tenure.  Did nuthin'. I know, so was Skip and it was all his fault we didn't get into a better conference and, and, and.  We'll just need to agree to disagree.  It was under his watch that we became Iron Bulls. The way we were treated had something to do with that.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I know nothing about the kind of person he is, but he was a terrible AD.  We didn’t accomplish much of anything during his time, other than our school being known for taking such a dive after having a lot of success. He did absolutely nothing to ride the momentum of the success that was established.

Brought on campus facilities up from the Stone Age .... CWT .... BCSH ... and please don't bother to bring up FCSH. That was an almost no brainer hire on paper. And what could he have done to ride the momentum of "success" (assume you mean football)?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I have no doubt that he is a nice enough guy but anyone that doesn’t hate him is letting that personal connection cloud their USF judgment. When I think of his tenure I can only think of opportunities squandered and lapsed judgement

Never met him and hardly hate him ..... and doubt I'm alone in that. He wasn't perfect ... will never forgive him for scheduling the mouthbreathers to open the new, improved Sun Dome, although I do kind of understand the logic it didn't work. The Skip extension was one of those mostly 20-20 hindsight mistakes. The majority of those that hate him are probably mistakenly blaming him for not getting us into a P5 and mistakenly believing that CJL was bigger than USF football ...

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Brought on campus facilities up from the Stone Age .... CWT .... BCSH ... and please don't bother to bring up FCSH. That was an almost no brainer hire on paper. And what could he have done to ride the momentum of "success" (assume you mean football)?

I stand corrected.  Programs did accomplish a lot under him but I feel like we stalled once the rumors started about the big east collapsing and I resent that we got stuck in the AAC under his tenure. Us and UCF both are programs that should be in bigger conferences, although I’m sure there’s more to blame than an athletic director.  I never once have said anything bad about the Skip Holtz hire. Everyone knows it looked good on paper at the time. It’s what he did after that was disasterous. 

Edited by OcalaBull2