• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our NEW Basketball HC is....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  10
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Actually the Calipari Tree is poison ivy. Stay away from it from now on. The Izzo tree has been good to USF when Heath took us to NIT and on brink of NCAA Sweet Sixteen!! Let's take another chance on the Izzo tree

12 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Trees are overrated.  

And for all the Sierra Clubbers, I mean in athletic coaching terms.

The Bill Self tree is looking very good right now.

I would love for USF to enjoy a similar turnaround to what SMU has enjoyed these last few years. I think Dooley may just take down FSU.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

And don't forget!! USF was interested in Gregory years ago but I believe got turned down while he was the coach at Dayton. I believe that was before USF had the upgraded facilities. So if you look on the bright side, USF is sitting in a better position now than we were back then. 

I'm definitely on the lower end of the fanbase as far as keeping up with the MBB program.  Most of my knowledge comes from this board.  That said, I'm not sure if the upgraded facilities really make the turd that is our men's basketball program any more polished.  Do people really think our facilities overcome the train wreck that our team is now?  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

I'm definitely on the lower end of the fanbase as far as keeping up with the MBB program.  Most of my knowledge comes from this board.  That said, I'm not sure if the upgraded facilities really make the turd that is our men's basketball program any more polished.  Do people really think our facilities overcome the train wreck that our team is now?  

Some idiot on TV said something about if USF wants to improve their program they need to upgrade their facilities. He obviously has no clue. Facilities are NOT the problem - unless Indian Burial Grounds come under facilities.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

He better recruit the state of Florida. No way should we have as many NY players as we have Florida players(2). COA thought he needed to travel the globe to get players. more international players than from Florida.they don't mesh

FGCU wins because they recruit the state. 4 of top 5 scorers are from this state. The other one is from Georgia and is a UCF transfer.

Guys like Jimmy Baxter, Reggie Kohn. Altron Jackson, BB Waldon, Dominique Jones, Solomon Jones, Chucky Atkins, Charlie Bradley, etc.

Not saying you don't mix in other guys but our roster should be primarily from Florida.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

The kind of "big name" we needed would have required a Phil Knight type whale. Gregory is as good as anybody who was realistically available to us ...

Good point, we just don't have a Phil Knight-type whale. I'm very thankful for the ones we have, but none are on that level . . . yet. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Gregory may very well end up being a step for the program, if he can get recruits. I'd love to see the program begin to grow again and get back to competing in our conference. Wonder how it would have looked at this point with CSH...hmmm...:evil:

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I'm not sure what all the arguing is about. We haven't his rock bottom yet. You'll know when we've hit rock bottom. It's when the walk-on's ask to transfer. :icon_drink:

Lets just be a little patient and watch how the CG fills out his staff and whom they recruit before we start to cry about the sky falling. You'll have to admit that we're closer to the foot of the mountain then the summit. So from where I'm standing, things are looking up. :GoBulls:

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

I know the program has sucked for a long time but it's not like football where you need a few good years and a lot of kids to buy in just to start winning. One good get can get us back on track. A few solid guys over a couple years and we're back in business. Also, we don't know what happened at GT. There's a lot of pressure to win there. Not much here. If he could convince talent to come to Dayton I think he can do it here. I look forward to seeing how it goes.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

27 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I'm not sure what all the arguing is about. We haven't his rock bottom yet. You'll know when we've hit rock bottom. It's when the walk-on's ask to transfer. :icon_drink:

What if Ciach Gregory starts scouting intramurals for players to fill out next seasons roster? Can we call that rock bottom too?

Edited by 206BULL

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

30 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

What if Ciach Gregory starts scouting intramurals for players to fill out next seasons roster? Can we call that rock bottom too?

Ciach Gregory? Any relation?

Chachi-happy-days-26289741-286-420.jpg