• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i hope aw is allowed to compete for the qb spot

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

QF had better stats then our past quarterbacks, but the level of competition has gone down also. Not saying he isn't good, but some of the teams we played had horrible defenses and losing records. 

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know about QF against the Big East teams of the past.  QF needs work on the short routes more..  I have no doubt that AW is better passer but QF can make some big plays and secure ball better..  CWT may be a TO-phobia.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Same topic on three other threads, LOVE IT! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

When people look into the record books  they see the record, not the level of competition. I mean you can make the same argument for comparing Kobe to Michael Jordan. The only reason Michael Jordan was so extraordinary is because of the level of competition he got to play against. In that arena no one says that, so I would  suggest we not say it here. Skills are skills, didn't hurt Western Kentucky 's NFL caliber quartet back at all did it? 

Edited by TromBull12

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,460
  • Days Won:  13

40 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

When people look into the record books  they see the record, not the level of competition. I mean you can make the same argument for comparing Kobe to Michael Jordan. The only reason Michael Jordan was so extraordinary is because of the level of competition he got to play against. In that arena no one says that, so I would  suggest we not say it here. Skills are skills, didn't hurt Western Kentucky 's NFL caliber quartet back at all did it? 

The NBA was a much better and more physical game during MJ'S time.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

15 hours ago, mark_my_words said:

trying to compare past competition is ridiculous. the highest level we played was big east and those teams were not known for good defenses.

QFs 2 highest rated passing games came against syracuse and cincy. two teams that were in the big east with us.

last year the AAC had 6 defenses ranked in the top 25 this year there are 4.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Same topic on three other threads, LOVE IT! 

We just need to incorporate Publix subs/wings and QBR into them, somehow.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

43 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

We just need to incorporate Publix subs/wings and QBR into them, somehow.  

Good God man, make it happen!!!!

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

The remarkable irony is that if AW would have just stayed committed here originally and never headed out to UCLA, it's likely he would have been the entrenched starter at the beginning of this season and QF would never have seen the field as a QB (or may not even have come here at all).

This asinine "argument" about who will be the starting QB next season is really about the humbling of a what-could-have-been college kid who got caught up in his own hype.  Wouldn't be surprised if he's #3 on the depth chart here to start next season either.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, NCBull said:

The remarkable irony is that if AW would have just stayed committed here originally and never headed out to UCLA, it's likely he would have been the entrenched starter at the beginning of this season and QF would never have seen the field as a QB (or may not even have come here at all).

This asinine "argument" about who will be the starting QB next season is really about the humbling of a what-could-have-been college kid who got caught up in his own hype.  Wouldn't be surprised if he's #3 on the depth chart here to start next season either.

1) I agree on where AW could have been.

2) I disagree on him choosing UCLA simply because of hype. It is entirely possible he liked UCLA better than USF and/or just wanted to get away from home. Had a taste of it, decided to come back. 

3) I'd be very surprised if AW is behind Kean on the depth chart.