• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i hope aw is allowed to compete for the qb spot

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

17 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

My only concern is what is commonly called "in the locker room." But, "in the locker room" also translates to in the huddle, and in the trenches, and throughout the game. I think the offense is 100% behind QF, and I have no idea about AW when it comes to the mentality of players if a change is made.

You don't do heart replacement surgery on a good heart.

But you do replace a good QB with a great QB. Not saying AW is better (he may be) but if he is he should start.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

But you do replace a good QB with a great QB. Not saying AW is better (he may be) but if he is he should start.

Of course, this statement shouldn't even be debatable. Best man for the position should play.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I don't disagree IF he is BOTH way better(a great QB)  AND does not upset the chemistry of the offense. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

So, if AW is anything less than a first round pick then he's not going to start.  Got it.

By this logic you believe QF IS a first round pick.

Makes much more sense that saying that "IF" AW beats him out QF "COULD" make a good running back.

Flowers had the best season for a USF quarterback ever. The idea of replacing him with an unknown is just laughable to me. We've had absolute garbage QB play for years, now we finally have a guy that is great playmaker, and you knuckleheads are already looking to replace him. 

I don't think QF will play a down in the NFL. I do think he is perfect for the offense Taggart is running. He isn't perfect (some of the passes yesterday were way off), but he is a gamer, and made something out of nothing constantly. He is a sophomore, and unless he is regresses greatly next year (where he should improve) he will be our QB.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

2658324092babf4f7441b1005d5efce88e6b0d8a

NM, welcome to the off season.  Please proceed everyone.  

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

11 minutes ago, BDYZR said:
7 minutes ago, emrober5 said:

Flowers had the best season for a USF quarterback ever. The idea of replacing him with an unknown is just laughable to me. We've had absolute garbage QB play for years, now we finally have a guy that is great playmaker, and you knuckleheads are already looking to replace him. 

I don't think QF will play a down in the NFL. I do think he is perfect for the offense Taggart is running. He isn't perfect (some of the passes yesterday were way off), but he is a gamer, and made something out of nothing constantly. He is a sophomore, and unless he is regresses greatly next year (where he should improve) he will be our QB.

So, if Woulard is a better overall QB, you would be against him starting? From skimming the thread, people seem to just be having a discussion about letting the best player play.

Edited by CPR

5 minutes ago, emrober5 said:

Agreed.  

Also, AW is not replacing anyone because he throws a better looking ball or has better mechanics in practice or the spring game.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, CPR said:

So, if Woulard is a better overall QB, you would be against him starting? From skimming the thread, people seem to just be having a discussion about letting the best player play.

If this was for me, not at all. which is EXACTLY what I said.

4 minutes ago, CPR said:

AW should play if he is better.  How is that going to be determined in practice?

d.b.a-songwriters-broken-record.jpg

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, CPR said:

How are you going to prove he is a better overall QB? Practice? Benching Flowers? What?

Flowers is a proven game time QB. AW isn't.

• Upvote 1