• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i hope aw is allowed to compete for the qb spot

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,997
  • Days Won:  469

On December 22, 2015 at 11:38 AM, emrober5 said:

Flowers had the best season for a USF quarterback ever.

??

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Statistically he did have the best season ever for us as a qb. 

Most passing tds in one season ever 

Most running tds in one season ever 

Td to int ratio was ridiculous 

Most running yards by a qb ever

Passing yards were right there with everyone else. 

Completion percentage was right there with everyone else. 

He had a great individual season at QB. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

48 minutes ago, Capital H said:

Not sure what is going on with quote feature but:

BBB and the other guys riding my nuts - I never said start Woulard from day 1.

Looking back, I did Quote one of your posts to respond to and hadn't noticed that you're not one of the "AW should have a chance of winning the opening day starter job" ones ..... my bad.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Capital H said:

Not sure what is going on with quote feature but:

BBB and the other guys riding my nuts

Maybe your nuts are being ridden because of comments like the ones below.  I'll leave it to you to decide if you are some kind of victim after insulting basically everyone on the board that doesn't agree with you.

On 12/22/2015 at 5:34 PM, Capital H said:

How does that help us next year?

I agree some people saying today he needs to be benched are silly. Saying he was good this year so he HAS to be the option next year is just as silly.

But what do you expect from a fan base that has never won a meaningful game in mens sports. :)

On 12/22/2015 at 5:32 PM, Capital H said:

Yeah and even more are over thrown by 20  yards. So what?

You (and the other guy) must have shaken your heads to hard and did not comprehend my post.

Flowers is the starter. IF IF IF Woulard is better why should Flowers start? Why is it hard to comprehend that there may be a better option, that makes the team better? With your logic Blake Bortles doesn't start because they had starting QB that produced decent stats, and went 11-3 (including a win over Georgia). Flowers had a great run, for sure. Still finished 8-5 with a signature win being against Temple. TEMPLE.

This message board makes it impossible to hate on UCF fans. For how ignorant they are this board comes within a fraction of the ignorance. At least they have 1 great season to point to.

PS go dig up my thread backing Flowers, comparing him to false idol Matt Grothe.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I am shocked there is 6 pages of controversy on this... isn't every job up for grabs EVERY year? QF has shown he can lead the team - it would take a lot for someone to take that away from him in spring ball. But if anyone comes out more accurate and making better decisions any coach in college football would look that direction! No one is tenured on a football team!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, USF_Grouper said:

I am shocked there is 6 pages of controversy on this... isn't every job up for grabs EVERY year? QF has shown he can lead the team - it would take a lot for someone to take that away from him in spring ball. But if anyone comes out more accurate and making better decisions any coach in college football would look that direction! No one is tenured on a football team!

Any coach in college in college football would do it? Name one who actually has under similar circumstances.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

I've mentioned this before, but it was reiterated again to me while listening to my favorite sports radio show out here in LA.  They were comparing Josh Rosen to Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck.   Which says nothing of AW.  But at least its not like he transferred due to his own talent having diminished or something.  I think he is going to QF a real run.  CWT will earn (hopefully!) his pay figuring it out.  

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

Any coach in college in college football would do it? Name one who actually has under similar circumstances.  

Replaced a starter the next season? Replace a starter after making a bowl? Replace a start at making a prestigious bowl? What would you classify as "similar circumstances"?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8 hours ago, USF_Grouper said:

Replaced a starter the next season? Replace a starter after making a bowl? Replace a start at making a prestigious bowl? What would you classify as "similar circumstances"?

I'd imagine replacing a starter who set school records, led his team to the first bowl game in 5 years, and is also a major leader on the team would be the criteria. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

35 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I'd imagine replacing a starter who set school records, led his team to the first bowl game in 5 years, and is also a major leader on the team would be the criteria. 

Don't forget he is secretly Coach T's son... I mean why else would he even have had the chance to do all you listed when Bench was obviously better as well.... 

• Upvote 3