• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i hope aw is allowed to compete for the qb spot

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

We need someone who can throw the ball more accurately with in, out, slant, or hook routes where we can improve the 3rd down conversion..  Maybe I'm wrong that it seems that QF only can throw to a receiver who was ahead of defender..

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

7 minutes ago, BullAdrian said:

We need someone who can throw the ball more accurately with in, out, slant, or hook routes where we can improve the 3rd down conversion..  Maybe I'm wrong that it seems that QF only can throw to a receiver who was ahead of defender..

what we really need is Tom Brady. Not college Tom Brady but pro Tom Brady. College Tom brady never had as good a passer rating or TD to INT ratio

you do realize that there has never been a QB in the history of the game that hasn't been without flaws? they all have strengths and weaknesses.

He just had the best statistical season in the history of our program.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, emrober5 said:

Smh. 

Flowers hits a bomb like every game (some are dropped)

Yeah and even more are over thrown by 20  yards. So what?

You (and the other guy) must have shaken your heads to hard and did not comprehend my post.

Flowers is the starter. IF IF IF Woulard is better why should Flowers start? Why is it hard to comprehend that there may be a better option, that makes the team better? With your logic Blake Bortles doesn't start because they had starting QB that produced decent stats, and went 11-3 (including a win over Georgia). Flowers had a great run, for sure. Still finished 8-5 with a signature win being against Temple. TEMPLE.

This message board makes it impossible to hate on UCF fans. For how ignorant they are this board comes within a fraction of the ignorance. At least they have 1 great season to point to.

PS go dig up my thread backing Flowers, comparing him to false idol Matt Grothe.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

36 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

what we really need is Tom Brady. Not college Tom Brady but pro Tom Brady. College Tom brady never had as good a passer rating or TD to INT ratio

you do realize that there has never been a QB in the history of the game that hasn't been without flaws? they all have strengths and weaknesses.

He just had the best statistical season in the history of our program.

How does that help us next year?

I agree some people saying today he needs to be benched are silly. Saying he was good this year so he HAS to be the option next year is just as silly.

But what do you expect from a fan base that has never won a meaningful game in mens sports. :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

2 minutes ago, Capital H said:

You (and the other guy) must have shaken your heads to hard and did not comprehend my post.

Flowers is the starter. IF IF IF Woulard is better why should Flowers start? Why is it hard to comprehend that there may be a better option, that makes the team better? With your logic Blake Bortles doesn't start because they had starting QB that produced decent stats, and went 11-3 (including a win over Georgia). Flowers had a great run, for sure. Still finished 8-5 with a signature win being against Temple. TEMPLE.

This message board makes it impossible to hate on UCF fans. For how ignorant they are this board comes within a fraction of the ignorance. At least they have 1 great season to point to.

PS go dig up my thread backing Flowers, comparing him to false idol Matt Grothe.

I'm sure every job is open for competition.

this is one of the dumbest threads ever.

we should start one asking if Marlon Mack's position is open for competition.

Of course when Flowers wins the job next year there will be those that think there is some conspiracy to keep Woulard off the field.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Capital H said:

How does that help us next year?

I agree some people saying today he needs to be benched are silly. Saying he was good this year so he HAS to be the option next year is just as silly.

But what do you expect from a fan base that has never won a meaningful game in mens sports. :)

what??? so Cam newton's MVP season should not count for anything when determining their starter next year???

he just had the best statistical passing season in the history of our program. I'm sure if the next Cam Newton is on our roster than Taggart would be dumb not to start him. Odds are he will not be though so don't be too disappointed when Flowers starts against Towson next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

11 minutes ago, Capital H said:

How? how? how? can you determine Woulard is better?  Pretty throws?  Great 7 on 7 performances? 

If he is better I want him starting but he has to prove he is better and nobody is explaining what criteria you would use to prove that in the off season.  

Spell it out to the ignorant fans here how that would be determined from the spring game.  I would love to hear it and then we can discuss ignorance.

Edited by mark_my_words

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

22 minutes ago, Capital H said:

* sigh* ..... Bortles was not named the starter with zero playing time at the college level. To my knowledge, and nobody has presented anything to the contrary, no college football coach has ever handed the starting reins to a qb who has never played a down at this this level over a qb that had near the success that QF had last year, PERIOD.

That's not saying that QF has the starting job locked up for his entire stay here but going into next season, bar injury or something off the field, he's the starter against Towson. I hope that it's a FAMU type game so AW does get his feet wet, because the way QF plays, it was a miracle he didn't go down this year.

The thought of this **** going on for the entire offseason is ******* mind numbing ...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

34 minutes ago, Capital H said:

With your logic Blake Bortles doesn't start because they had starting QB that produced decent stats, and went 11-3 (including a win over Georgia). 

I think you missed the posts where people said if AW has first round talent he should start...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

Look, it's pretty easy to sum up:

The only chance that AW sees the field next year besides mop up duty is if QF messes up big time on the field for multiple games, or a freak injury happens, 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1