• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i hope aw is allowed to compete for the qb spot

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

They should have three games to sort out the qb mess. I am curious to see if AW pans out. Some have said he could be the second coming of Joe Montana, but others say when the lights come on he becomes Matt Floyd. Which is true?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

6 minutes ago, emrober5 said:
6 minutes ago, emrober5 said:

How are you going to prove he is a better overall QB? Practice? Benching Flowers? What?

Flowers is a proven game time QB. AW isn't.

How are you going to prove he is a better overall QB? Practice? Benching Flowers? What?

Flowers is a proven game time QB. AW isn't.

Well then AW should get used to the bench for the next 2 years since he has no shot to prove himself in a game, even if he beats out QF in practice. If AW is better in practice, I'd hope Taggart would start him.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, HR Bull said:

They should have three games to sort out the qb mess. I am curious to see if AW pans out. Some have said he could be the second coming of Joe Montana, but others say when the lights come on he becomes Matt Floyd. Which is true?

There is no QB mess. We have a starter that broke tons of records this year and a guy that won a 7 on 7 a few years ago.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, mark_my_words said:

There is no QB mess. We have a starter that broke tons of records this year and a guy that won a 7 on 7 a few years ago.

Trust me, I completely agree. Flowers is the man, and hopefully he uses his time wisely to work on his game. I hope he is ready for the big time next season. I think the players were a little off due being out of their element. I'm hoping next year they have no such problems.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

I just remember a lot of postings from another thread that AW was head and shoulders above everybody in spring ball. 

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246
  • Days Won:  0

The pulse of the fan base here seems to think Flowers better than anybody on the planet. He played great this year and I really liked him. But he DEFINITELY has flaws. A smart coach gives everyone a shot throughout the spring. I honestly feel in my gut that Flowers will win the QB battle. But give an honest QB battle that lets both QBs play, and let Woulard play some of the towson game

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

14 minutes ago, 88Alum said:

I just remember a lot of postings from another thread that AW was head and shoulders above everybody in spring ball. 

You are right but the season started and Flowers got better and better and is now a leader of the team.

I can see a scenario where AW is just a world beater in practice and he gets in the second half of the first game to mop up and is just amazing.  Maybe Flowers struggles the next couple of weeks and Taggart puts AW in to shake things up. A change of pace and AW proves to be too good to leave on the bench.  

Putting him in the shake things up is not a good thing for team chemistry and QB's development.  It has risks.  Say my scenario plays out, you will essentially lose Flowers as a player.  If AW turns out to be a flash in the pan you have to start yo yo-ing your QB's.  Not a situation I would like to be in.

I just don't see how he would begin the season as the starter.  

2 minutes ago, CaliforniaBull said:

The pulse of the fan base here seems to think Flowers better than anybody on the planet. He played great this year and I really liked him. But he DEFINITELY has flaws. A smart coach gives everyone a shot throughout the spring. I honestly feel in my gut that Flowers will win the QB battle. But give an honest QB battle that lets both QBs play, and let Woulard play some of the towson game

That is called a strawman.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Would we be smart to keep aw under wraps and have him start against fsu if he is as good as advertised. Maybe get him a series or two in the first game 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, nobull.Bulls said:

I think if AW was the real deal, he would have never transferred from UCLA. However, if he's better than Flowers I think he'll start. Flowers would be amazing as our "Braxton Miller" next year. 

Sigh.

And again, how do you determine he is better?  He throws a prettier ball in shorts?  He looks better in spring camp?  With Flowers you already have a GUARANTEED 1,000 yards rushing, 34 total TD's, and the top passer in USF history (statistically).  Meanwhile, Woulard has never played a snap of college ball.  And your willing to throw all that away.  Are you guaranteeing Woulard will rush for more than 1,000 yards, have more than 3,500 total yards and have 40 total TD's?  Because that's what it would take to be "better" than Flowers.  And you will never know that throwing around a bunch of balls in shorts that may have tighter spirals than Flowers.

Woulard will never, nor should he, step foot on a field as long as Flowers is around.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1