• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers VS Woulard 2016

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

If Flowers doesn't start next year he will transfer. He threatened to transfer this past off season and CWT told him that he would get a great opportunity to start if he stayed. I can't see him hanging around if AW is given the starting nod.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If Flowers doesn't start next year he will transfer. He threatened to transfer this past off season and CWT told him that he would get a great opportunity to start if he stayed. I can't see him hanging around if AW is given the starting nod.

If that's true then too bad for him.  CWT's job is to put the best team on the field. I think that team is with QF as the QB. However, if CWT goes to AW as the starter then so be it.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

It's not like he won't go into next year as the presumptive starter, so if he transferred after losing the job it would be at the end of NEXT season, which kills his eligibility.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

It's not like he won't go into next year as the presumptive starter, so if he transferred after losing the job it would be at the end of NEXT season, which kills his eligibility.

QF has not been red shirted so if he transferred he would still have 2 years of eligibility.....not sure why I am going there but whatever...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

I do not recall hearing that.  Who is your source?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I do not recall hearing that.  Who is your source?

I read/heard the same thing in one of the articles posted here. It's not imagined, just can't place which one--there have been too many of late!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

QF has not been red shirted so if he transferred he would still have 2 years of eligibility.....not sure why I am going there but whatever...

No, he wouldn't.  If he were to lose the starting job, it would likely be after the season has started.  That means he's only have one year left.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

Woulard next year will have had 3 years to develop as a college qb under coaches. That WKU QB who was a nobody and got hurt a bunch of times and is now on his 6th or 7th year at WKU/ his final year is now turning heads all over the place. These years to learn and develop his craft im sure is converting his raw ability to skill

Scouts said Woulards ceiling is the NFL. If he can bring that level of play to our team he will start no doubt. If he cant be head and shoulders above QF or is just borderline the same he wont start. The best players are gonna play. And the best part of this is QF probably doesnt have a future in the NFL just because of their prototypical qb bias so if Woulard wins out and QF gets to develop at another position and play in the NFL thats a win win. 

QF was one of the top athletes in the country out of HS , and hes got heart, so I definitely see him succeeding in another capacity if it came down to it.

Edited by BULLZ

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Is there a more appropriate thread for this discussion? I didn't see the one about who should start at LG next year.

Michael Smith. Duh.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Mostly, I've been busy at the games watching as opposed to participating in the ongoing discussions to reregister my allegiance with him each week. But I can tell you what I've been telling the people around me at the stadium, QF is having a wonderful year. If you'd have told me at the beginning of the season he'd have half the stats he currently does, I'd have taken it in a heartbeat. After camp, I also said that I believed Bench to be the better pure passer, but reading defenses and all the other things that are part of being a QB weren't things I could comment on. I still believe that. I also said QF's running ability would be the deciding factor in who started and something I was in no way qualified to comment on since it wasn't on display during the practices I was at. I also remember around week 4 being VERY vocal about not believing QF was the reason for our slow start and that Bench would not have made a bit of difference and we should roll with QF going forward. I wasn't exactly all over his jock after he started the year averaging about 140 yards a game through the air, 50 on the ground, with INTs in each game. But I'm very sure I never said the kid would never amount to anything as a result of it. But these are all things anyone could read from my posts if they want to go digging. I have no apologies to make or crow to eat.

Now, if QF is offended that I said the best QB should start next year even if that's not him and turns out to be AW (or hell, even Kean), he can grow a pair and get back to me. When I was in school and playing baseball, from my freshman year on, I KNEW the coach was doing everything in his power to find someone better than me to take my job. I didn't take it personally and I didn't expect anything different. New year, new team. If someone else can get more W's, it's not fair to the rest of team not to start them.

I'm so glad we got this all out in the open.  Thanks.  

• Downvote 1