• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers VS Woulard 2016

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

This has been exciting catching up on what I missed the past few hours. The only point I've been trying to make is that I believe the best player should start. I didn't realize it was a divisive issue. I kind of thought everyone was in favor of the best team taking the field every game. If we sign literally the greatest running back in the history of football, I'd hope CWT starts him over Mack. Same goes for QB. Same goes for long snapper. Is this really a debate? Some of you would prefer not playing superior players in favor of incumbent, inferior ones? TBP, you win again. Just when I think we've found an unarguable topic, you pounce right on it.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,038
  • Days Won:  38

Let them fight for it, set up the octagon in the Sun Dome and charge admission, all proceeds go to building the OCS.

anigif_enhanced-26804-1403728277-12.gif

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Oh, that debate was put to bed a few weeks ago.

Not so fast! Bench hahad a highr QBR than Wanky on Friday, so there's that.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Not so fast! Bench hahad a highr QBR than Wanky on Friday, so there's that.

DJ has the highest QBR on the roster. #LetThatBoyCook 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

This has been exciting catching up on what I missed the past few hours. The only point I've been trying to make is that I believe the best player should start. I didn't realize it was a divisive issue. I kind of thought everyone was in favor of the best team taking the field every game. If we sign literally the greatest running back in the history of football, I'd hope CWT starts him over Mack. Same goes for QB. Same goes for long snapper. Is this really a debate? Some of you would prefer not playing superior players in favor of incumbent, inferior ones? TBP, you win again. Just when I think we've found an unarguable topic, you pounce right on it.

Can't find any divisiveness at all on your "only point" you've been trying to make. Nobody has said they believe the best player shouldn't start ...

• Topic Count:  1,034
  • Content Count:  7,510
  • Days Won:  10

It was great that Bench was put in the game when he didn't feel any "do or die" pressure.  Once he got in a rhythm, you could really see his confidence rise and he performed very well.  It will be great if we have more games like this so Woulard or whoever the back is can get some solid game experience but not have the weight of the game on his shoulders.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  154

It was great that Bench was put in the game when he didn't feel any "do or die" pressure.  Once he got in a rhythm, you could really see his confidence rise and he performed very well.  It will be great if we have more games like this so Woulard or whoever the back is can get some solid game experience but not have the weight of the game on his shoulders.

I'm glad you mentioned this because I forgot to and it was something I said to my brother as we watched, What a nice way to end your days playing at RJS on Senior night. One rushing TD and one passing. I hope he gets another shot when we play UCF because that means we are thoroughly trouncing them as well.

Can't find any divisiveness at all on your "only point" you've been trying to make. Nobody has said they believe the best player shouldn't start ...

I must be down voting myself then and imagining the posts saying there shouldn't be any competition for the QB position because it's different.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I must be down voting myself then and imagining the posts saying there shouldn't be any competition for the QB position because it's different.

I've literally never said there should be no competition.  I've only said what MANY people on this thread have ALSO said - it's QF's job to lose.  

And again, if you don't think the QB position is different than any other position, I've run out of ways to help you understand.  

I've literally never said there should be no competition.  I've only said what MANY people on this thread have ALSO said - it's QF's job to lose.  

And again, if you don't think the QB position is different than any other position, I've run out of ways to help you understand.  

I guess I'm still not understanding why QB being more important/different, which I've never disagreed with, means you shouldn't start the better player. I absolutely believe you go into next year with QF the presumed starter. Never said anything to the contrary. Absolutely believe AW is going to have to be clearly better to unseat him. Never said anything else. All I said in this thread (and any other marginally related to the topic) was that if AW gives you a better chance to win football games, you should play him. If I'm mistaken and I've ever said AW should start/will start/deserves to start, by all means, quote me and call me out.