Flowers VS Woulard 2016

usfgrad84

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,868
  • Days Won:  25

How exactly would that be determined in practice?

practice is the same as a game right? Floyd worked out super well for McCheese. Why wouldn't we want to potentially relive that fiasco :facepalm:

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Can you just admit that you thought Flowers was bad early in the year, and the fact that he has turned out to not suck bothers you?

This is what it really boils down to for some people. You don't see them in threads about Mack, Nichols, Senat, Adams etc spouting off the same stuff. There's nothing wrong with thinking the best player should play but their practice of when and where they voice that suggests there's more going on. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,868
  • Days Won:  25

Play them both against Towson and NIU? Still not sure why Flowers being the is an issue? Kid is killing, and most indications are that he will continue to kill it. Don't think he needs to take a year off to continue being successful either.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

This is what it really boils down to for some people. You don't see them in threads about Mack, Nichols, Senat, Adams etc spouting off the same stuff. There's nothing wrong with thinking the best player should play but their practice of when and where they voice that suggests there's more going on. 

Is there a more appropriate thread for this discussion? I didn't see the one about who should start at LG next year.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

And why does QF's success bother me? Who in their right mind would be bothered by the numbers he's putting up? 

I can't answer this question for you.  You'll have to come to grips with it and figure out the answer yourself.  It seems to me that you've only praised QF because you've been backed into a corner and felt you had to.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

QF will have earned strong incumbency status, and he's definitely CWT's boy, so the arguing is probably all moot. But to say AW wouldn't get a shot at starting is too strong. Kid has an accurate cannon of an arm, so if he's working on his legs and game management, he could easily rival QF.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I can't answer this question for you.  You'll have to come to grips with it and figure out the answer yourself.  It seems to me that you've only praised QF because you've been backed into a corner and felt you had to.  

Mostly, I've been busy at the games watching as opposed to participating in the ongoing discussions to reregister my allegiance with him each week. But I can tell you what I've been telling the people around me at the stadium, QF is having a wonderful year. If you'd have told me at the beginning of the season he'd have half the stats he currently does, I'd have taken it in a heartbeat. After camp, I also said that I believed Bench to be the better pure passer, but reading defenses and all the other things that are part of being a QB weren't things I could comment on. I still believe that. I also said QF's running ability would be the deciding factor in who started and something I was in no way qualified to comment on since it wasn't on display during the practices I was at. I also remember around week 4 being VERY vocal about not believing QF was the reason for our slow start and that Bench would not have made a bit of difference and we should roll with QF going forward. I wasn't exactly all over his jock after he started the year averaging about 140 yards a game through the air, 50 on the ground, with INTs in each game. But I'm very sure I never said the kid would never amount to anything as a result of it. But these are all things anyone could read from my posts if they want to go digging. I have no apologies to make or crow to eat.

Now, if QF is offended that I said the best QB should start next year even if that's not him and turns out to be AW (or hell, even Kean), he can grow a pair and get back to me. When I was in school and playing baseball, from my freshman year on, I KNEW the coach was doing everything in his power to find someone better than me to take my job. I didn't take it personally and I didn't expect anything different. New year, new team. If someone else can get more W's, it's not fair to the rest of team not to start them.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Why shouldn't they be? If player A is better than player B, he should start. I don't see how QB is different.

Just silly to down-vote that statement, there's no vitriol or sarcasm in it. Absolutely the best player should start, period (unless you happen to be the coach's son).

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,256
  • Days Won:  6

I only vote down trolls, never people I disagree with. I know that was not directed at me, that's just my policy.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The problem with determining the "best player" at QB is sometimes you don't know what a guy has until he's actually playing another team. All the throwing in pads and not being live in scrimmages can hide some things, including how a guy responds after getting hit or how he reacts to on-field adversity. It's the one position that is protected from the physical beatings of football during practices.  

With that being said I expect that CWT will give AW every opportunity to show what he has and to take the job. CWT has said as much when he said before that he tells recruits all the time that his job is to recruit kids to take the jobs of the kids on campus now and next year recruit more kids to take the new ones' jobs.  However, AW will have to take it by a large margin as I expect if it is close at all that QF will be the starter since CWT and staff knows what they have with QF.

• Upvote 1