• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers VS Woulard 2016

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

All I said in this thread (and any other marginally related to the topic) was that if AW gives you a better chance to win football games, you should play him. If I'm mistaken and I've ever said AW should start/will start/deserves to start, by all means, quote me and call me out.

It's so easy to say that, and on its own, it's really stupid to disagree with, but for you to act incredulous that this is even an argument is completely laughable.  Here's where it all started:

I'm amazed at how many people don't think AW should even get the chance to be the starter. Why is it wrong to want the best QB to play, no matter who that turns out to be? You aren't going to get many legit recruits if word gets out that new guys ride the bench if the previous starter had a good year.

The bottom line is that EVERYONE wants the best player to play, and re-reading this thread, it appears that most that have commented feel QF is that guy and should start in 2016.  

It is my belief that you do not feel the same way, you've already made up your mind that AW is better based on the few practices you attended and watched with your own eyes.  If I'm wrong about that, I'm wrong about that, but otherwise why would you feel the need to make such a big deal about AW getting a chance at being a starter?   Whatever you do, please don't post that you can't believe this is an arguable topic when you're one of the primary posters that made it so.  

Edited by GaUSFBull
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

It's so easy to say that, and on its own, it's really stupid to disagree with, but for you to act incredulous that this is even an argument is completely laughable.  Here's where it all started:

The bottom line is that EVERYONE wants the best player to play, and re-reading this thread, it appears that most that have commented feel QF is that guy and should start in 2016.  

It is my belief that you do not feel the same way, you've already made up your mind that AW is better based on the few practices you attended and watched with your own eyes.  If I'm wrong about that, I'm wrong about that, but otherwise why would you feel the need to make such a big deal about AW getting a chance at being a starter?   Whatever you do, please don't post that you can't believe this is an arguable topic when you're one of the primary posters that made it so.  

I still haven't heard an answer to how you determine AW is the best player based on practice.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,461
  • Days Won:  25

Deja Vu all over again, and again, and again, and again...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

np

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Obviously the coaches saw things in the spring that lead us to where we are now on offense. I trust they will make the right decision again next year whatever that decision may be. 

True, but their past QB decisions haven't been stellar.  QF surprised me and has gotten better with every game...bravo !  Love his focus, determination, lack of turnovers this year and his will to succeed.  As long as it doesn't divide the team, QB(any position) competition will be good for all.

I believe our record and potentially his QBR speak for itself. Every college quarterback misses passes. We have a true dual threat quarterback now that the announcers love to praise on national T.V. He's the leader of this football team and bar an horrific downward spiral, I can't see anyone arguing why he should be replaced AND repositioned. 

You talked about QF and spiral in the same sentence.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

You talked about QF and spiral in the same sentence.

Stammer time ....

Not so fast! Bench hahad a highr QBR than Wanky on Friday, so there's that.

Timmylaughing.gif

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

Absolutely believe AW is going to have to be clearly better to unseat him. Never said anything else. All I said in this thread (and any other marginally related to the topic) was that if AW gives you a better chance to win football games, you should play him.

Which is an argument based on total ambiguity ...

I still haven't heard an answer to how you determine AW is the best player based on practice.