• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers VS Woulard 2016

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

I don't understand how this is even a conversation.Since CWT took the training wheels off, QF has been a stud. The SMU game he willed the team to the win without Mack in the lineup. Why can't our fans just be happy.

I remember this conversation going into Grothe's senior year too... I guess we can never be happy with what we have.

I am happy and AW would still get to play a year if QF locks down the job.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Flowers is the man next season. Hopefully spring ball is action packed, but barring an injury or a miracle this is Flowers's team.

on another note. A few wins and the board seems flush with life.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

Flowers is a baller. You can tell he loves to compete and has complete confidence in himself. Those are tough qualities to find regardless of your skill set.He doesn't let his mistakes spiral into ruining the rest of his game. He moves past them and keeps taking chances. I haven't seen him hang his head yet.

Not sure why Woulard was ever put on a pedestal. They had almost identical numbers in high school. He was a converted wide receiver who had 14 passing TDs and 10 picks his junior year. 13 Td passes as a senior. He will make a capable backup and they can bring him in as a receiver at times for trick plays. Flowers has way more real game experience and has proven this year that he is more than just a capable college QB.

He was hyped up by the media . I remember when he finished camp in Oregon (I believe it was Oregon )  as the top QB and his status sky rocketed .Quote  "Woulard displayed his immense potential during this year's Elite 11 camp when he beat out top-ranked quarterback Max Browne and nine other stellar impressive quarterbacks. " 

Edited by mellobull

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Flowers reads the defense well and does not commit many turnovers. 

It should be Flowers job to lose. He has played well enough to earn that

100%. Don't forget that AW chose to go to UCLA over USF which we could have been in his second year as a starter here.

QF is our QB unless CWT and staff sees that AW gives us a better chance to win more games or runs the offense better.

Only time will tell but I'm enjoying what we have right now.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm amazed at how many people don't think AW should even get the chance to be the starter. Why is it wrong to want the best QB to play, no matter who that turns out to be? You aren't going to get many legit recruits if word gets out that new guys ride the bench if the previous starter had a good year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Unless QF's skill set totally collapses next spring and fall, or an injury, there's no way Willie starts anybody else. Wanky was his guy from the get go, CWT's been rewarded by results and there's no way practice performances are going to change that now ...

/thread

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

I'm amazed at how many people don't think AW should even get the chance to be the starter. Why is it wrong to want the best QB to play, no matter who that turns out to be? You aren't going to get many legit recruits if word gets out that new guys ride the bench if the previous starter had a good year.

I do think he will get the chance in the offseason but you also have a situation where QF is electrifying, doesn't turn the ball over, and has grown into a vocal leader.  It's tough to beat that when everyone has already seen it demonstrated on the field.  Plus AW is going to get his chances.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I do think he will get the chance in the offseason but you also have a situation where QF is electrifying, doesn't turn the ball over, and has grown into a vocal leader.  It's tough to beat that when everyone has already seen it demonstrated on the field.  Plus AW is going to get his chances.

All of that stuff is true, but if AW gives us a chance to win more games, he should start.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Flowers is having a top 5 all time season for a USF QB... I don't think it's unreasonable for people to think that this is now Flowers job. I think it's 99% Flowers job the reaming 1% is the chance that Woulard is a 1st round draft pick type of player. Also, I don't think that would hurt recruiting at all. Kids aren't running away from UCLA because of coaching lip service about competition in the off season. The ones that turn away will be doing so because of Josh Rosen not some cursory lip service. The same thing holds true here. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

All of that stuff is true, but if AW gives us a chance to win more games, he should start.

You do realize that we've won 6 of our last 7 games when CWT finally opened up the offense, right?  It may well end up being 7 of our last 8, or even 8 of our last 9.  

You'd want to cast that aside in 2016 if AW might "look good" in a few practices?

• Upvote 1