• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT's Bus: who's on, off, undecided?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Taggart has the year to prove himself. IMHO:

• 2-10 and he is gone. The team would have to completely flame out in one of the weakest conferences we have ever played in
  • 3-9 and he may survive, as long as the team doesn't quit on him
  • 4-8 and he gets his third year
  • 5-7 would mean we pulled off a victory not many expected and would give, dare I say, hope for 2016
  • 6-6 or better and Doug will come out of retirement and sign CWT to a 10-year extension
This is an extremely weak conference. The bottom 7 teams in the AAC have ONE (1) non-conference victory against an FBS team through five weeks. If you can't put together a few wins this year then its time to start looking for a new coach (or a new gimmick to get people to attend games next year).

Stopped reading after your "fire if 2-10 this season comment". Ridiculous.

You are the problem with this fanbase.

Hilarious coming from you.

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  508
  • Days Won:  1

At this time, I'm also on board. We have to give him at least 4 years. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,972
  • Days Won:  12

Non-issue. We will not go 2-10 or 3-9 this season. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm on borad.

Is this Borat's sister? :D

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm on borad.

Is this Borat's sister? :D

And MUCH hotter, too!!

hE2D2C401.jpg

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

he needs to compete for a conference championship next year

I agree with Smazza.  I don't know what happens for the rest of the year.  A bowl game would be tangible improvement, but I'm not expecting a bowl game.  We would have to have 5 conference wins for the first time in USF history, and I'm not into we beat team X and lose to team Y predictions.  

With that being said, I do fully expect to contend for the American title next year, or simplifying that even more, an East division title.  Not sure what happens, but 8-4 is an expectation in 2015.  Year 3 of the offense, the secondary full of juniors should look to be the best in the American, Mack's progress, etc.

CWT needs to do whatever he needs to do in 2014 to get this team to contending status in 2015...

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

Taggart has the year to prove himself. IMHO:

• 2-10 and he is gone. The team would have to completely flame out in one of the weakest conferences we have ever played in
  • 3-9 and he may survive, as long as the team doesn't quit on him
  • 4-8 and he gets his third year
  • 5-7 would mean we pulled off a victory not many expected and would give, dare I say, hope for 2016
  • 6-6 or better and Doug will come out of retirement and sign CWT to a 10-year extension
This is an extremely weak conference. The bottom 7 teams in the AAC have ONE (1) non-conference victory against an FBS team through five weeks. If you can't put together a few wins this year then its time to start looking for a new coach (or a new gimmick to get people to attend games next year).

Stopped reading after your "fire if 2-10 this season comment". Ridiculous.

You are the problem with this fanbase.

Lighten up, Francis. No need for calling people out. Maybe you should take a Midol.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Hem, you and others may be okay with a 2-10 season (again) but this program is hemorrhaging fans who aren't even bothering to stick around to see how the season plays out. Now if you were to banish everyone who doesn't share the same ideology as you regarding the football program then you may feel better, but the program gets set back even further.

I don't think you, or anyone else for that matter, can complain about anyone else who is left in our dwindling fanbase who shares a different opinion.

First things first.

2-10 will not happen again

Second things second:

-We cannot afford to fire another football coach. 

-We are no longer an AQ/Power conference, our options for a new coach would not be as good as before

-Taggart is only in his 2nd year where all of his recruits are freshman and sophomores and NEARLY ALL OF THEM ARE STARTING BECAUSE WE HAD NO TALENT BEFORE. 

- There is no "plug and play" coach that you can put in and expect immediate wins from in our programs situation

Have some **** patience. It is ridiculous that you, and people like you, are even thinking about firing him. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,333
  • Content Count:  21,324
  • Days Won:  10

I told you I was holding on to the top of the bus

indian-white-tata.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

Hem, you and others may be okay with a 2-10 season (again) but this program is hemorrhaging fans who aren't even bothering to stick around to see how the season plays out. Now if you were to banish everyone who doesn't share the same ideology as you regarding the football program then you may feel better, but the program gets set back even further.

I don't think you, or anyone else for that matter, can complain about anyone else who is left in our dwindling fanbase who shares a different opinion.

First things first.

2-10 will not happen again

Second things second:

-We cannot afford to fire another football coach. 

-We are no longer an AQ/Power conference, our options for a new coach would not be as good as before

-Taggart is only in his 2nd year where all of his recruits are freshman and sophomores and NEARLY ALL OF THEM ARE STARTING BECAUSE WE HAD NO TALENT BEFORE. 

- There is no "plug and play" coach that you can put in and expect immediate wins from in our programs situation

I read on here that Saban would ....

• Upvote 1