• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT's Bus: who's on, off, undecided?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Hem, you and others may be okay with a 2-10 season (again) but this program is hemorrhaging fans who aren't even bothering to stick around to see how the season plays out. Now if you were to banish everyone who doesn't share the same ideology as you regarding the football program then you may feel better, but the program gets set back even further.

I don't think you, or anyone else for that matter, can complain about anyone else who is left in our dwindling fanbase who shares a different opinion.

First things first.

2-10 will not happen again

Second things second:

-We cannot afford to fire another football coach. 

-We are no longer an AQ/Power conference, our options for a new coach would not be as good as before

-Taggart is only in his 2nd year where all of his recruits are freshman and sophomores and NEARLY ALL OF THEM ARE STARTING BECAUSE WE HAD NO TALENT BEFORE. 

- There is no "plug and play" coach that you can put in and expect immediate wins from in our programs situation

I read on here that Saban would ....

I'll take the bait on this one. I believe (based on his body of work at the college level) Saban could have eeked out a 3rd win or more last year.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Hem, I don't think 2-10 isn't going to happen either but its still possible. As to your other points we are way past "expecting immediate wins" - that went out the window a while ago. We are approaching the back end of Year 2 and there isn't much differentiating itself from where we were at the beginning of last season. That's YOUR opinion, and you are entitled to it..however wrong it may be. We have a young team full of STARTING freshman, redshirt freshman, sophomores, and first year transfers. If you can't see the progress this team is making, then you are blind. Coach T has recruited lights out these past 2 years, and that talent is on the field making a difference and learning the game.

And if you believe that we cannot afford to fire/hire another football coach due to finances, I would argue after another 2-10 season you cannot afford NOT to hire another football coach. Look around Hem, USF is fading into oblivion and we have a front row seat for it (and there are plenty of seats available). If CWT cannot turn this program around then we are going to be able to count attendance by the hundreds. That is a panicked response. Coach T needs the time to let his recruits mature on the field and show us what he really has. This isn't a Holtz situation where he walked into the door of a stacked team that was supposed to win the Big East in his first year as head coach. YOU NEED TO HAVE SOME PATIENCE

Where we are today is primarily the result of Woolard and Holtz. Taggart came into a crap situation but that doesn't give him a complete pass on what clearly has been a disappointing 1.5 years. I want him to do it. I want him to be that guy that turns it all around and washes the stench off this program, but I see very little to this point to that makes me believe he can do it. I tune in every week waiting and waiting for anything consistent to happen that will make me believe brighter days are ahead. All everyone can point to is recruiting. I hate to burst everyone's bubble but recruiting is not exact, and if you cannot coach players up then in my opinion the group has a low ceiling. Oh really? So he was just supposed to turn a **** sandwhich into a New York Strip in year one? And where's this second half coming from? I see our current record at 2-3 which is less than 1/2 way in with 3 losses to tough teams? One of those games was extremely winnable. What did you expect for this year? 4-0? 3-1? If you did, then you're delusional. I'd take a closer look at recruiting if I were you. if you consistently pull the best talent in the conference, you will have the best shot at winning...it's common sense. 

I can see there will be no getting to you, regardless of how wrong you are and how panicked and irrational your "opinions" and "if'" scenario's are. So I'll leave this one as agree to disagree, and I'll pull this post up at the end of the season, and you can apologize then. 

And that's a big negative there Jtrue. You can't put Saban in because Saban won't come. Show me a coach that you CAN put in, not one that you fantasize about coming in. 

Edited by Hem
  • Upvote 1

Hem, I don't think 2-10 isn't going to happen either but its still possible. As to your other points we are way past "expecting immediate wins" - that went out the window a while ago. We are approaching the back end of Year 2 and there isn't much differentiating itself from where we were at the beginning of last season. That's YOUR opinion, and you are entitled to it..however wrong it may be. We have a young team full of STARTING freshman, redshirt freshman, sophomores, and first year transfers. If you can't see the progress this team is making, then you are blind. Coach T has recruited lights out these past 2 years, and that talent is on the field making a difference and learning the game.

And if you believe that we cannot afford to fire/hire another football coach due to finances, I would argue after another 2-10 season you cannot afford NOT to hire another football coach. Look around Hem, USF is fading into oblivion and we have a front row seat for it (and there are plenty of seats available). If CWT cannot turn this program around then we are going to be able to count attendance by the hundreds. That is a panicked response. Coach T needs the time to let his recruits mature on the field and show us what he really has. This isn't a Holtz situation where he walked into the door of a stacked team that was supposed to win the Big East in his first year as head coach. YOU NEED TO HAVE SOME PATIENCE

Where we are today is primarily the result of Woolard and Holtz. Taggart came into a crap situation but that doesn't give him a complete pass on what clearly has been a disappointing 1.5 years. I want him to do it. I want him to be that guy that turns it all around and washes the stench off this program, but I see very little to this point to that makes me believe he can do it. I tune in every week waiting and waiting for anything consistent to happen that will make me believe brighter days are ahead. All everyone can point to is recruiting. I hate to burst everyone's bubble but recruiting is not exact, and if you cannot coach players up then in my opinion the group has a low ceiling. Oh really? So he was just supposed to turn a **** sandwhich into a New York Strip in year one? And where's this second half coming from? I see our current record at 2-3 which is less than 1/2 way in with 3 losses to tough teams? One of those games was extremely winnable. What did you expect for this year? 4-0? 3-1? If you did, then you're delusional. I'd take a closer look at recruiting if I were you. if you consistently pull the best talent in the conference, you will have the best shot at winning...it's common sense. 

I can see there will be no getting to you, regardless of how wrong you are and how panicked and irrational your "opinions" and "if'" scenario's are. So I'll leave this one as agree to disagree, and I'll pull this post up at the end of the season, and you can apologize then. 

And that's a big negative there Jtrue. You can't put Saban in because Saban won't come. Show me a coach that you CAN put in, not one that you fantasize about coming in. 

Wait, Saban isn't coming to USF anytime soon? This is some groundbreaking ****.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

How these hypothetical quips get turned into a "real" scenario is beyond me. Hyperbole = literary license, not an actual situation.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

Taggart's missing his best player by far on offense (Andre Davis) and the offense is already much more productive then it was last year.  If we actually had receivers that could catch the football, we would have beaten Maryland, and would have given Wisconsin a much bigger scare too.    

Now we are getting Davis back for the ECU game and having the combo of Davis and Adams is actually pretty solid.  Those two are going to help spread the field and open some running lanes for Mack, not to mention may give McFarland a little bit more room to make some plays.   Davis is that key.  He had 740 receiving yards last year on the worst offense in D-1 football.     If Taggart could somehow find a way to beat ECU, this fan bases tune is going to change really quickly.  The conference beyond ECU is really awful.  And a 1 loss in conference USF team, with a win over ECU, would most likely take the title.  

How these hypothetical quips get turned into a "real" scenario is beyond me. Hyperbole = literary license, not an actual situation.

So you're taking Hem's side and you don't think Saban would ever take a job at USF?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

So you're taking Hem's side and you don't think Saban would ever take a job at USF?

No, I'm saying your aim's too low. Bear Bryant would have had an undefeated season with our team last year...clearly.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

No, I'm saying your aim's too low. Bear Bryant would have had an undefeated season with our team last year...clearly.

Zombie Bear Bryant rules all. :ph34r:

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

LOL you people are RIDICULOUS!!

We all know Gruden is leaving the TV scene to come coach at USF. I mean, he already does the QB camp here, it's a shoe in.